• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

shit i aint reading that but it seems you completely misinterpreted my point. :whistle: also this is moving on from minor derailing to taking up the entire thread. I'm gunna ask one last time, stop derailing. It's ruining the thread. Nobody wants to hear about this ***** argument.
You derailed it with your first response, which was needlessly aggressive and entirely missed the point of his post. You didn't read, but you somehow know I misrepresented you...? Ok, man. You say this like you didn't derail first and like you actually have some form of power to do something.

I'll pull the classic, cringe, YT debater card, and accept the concession. :)

How many times do i have to ask for people to move on from this because its massively derailing. If you wanna argue this go to my page and we can take it there or whatever, i just dont wanna ruin a perfectly good thread with this shit
Maybe stop talking about it? You started the damn derailing. Don't be a hypocrite.

Maybe stop talking about it? You started the damn derailing. Don't be a hypocrite.
Bro my last like 4 comments on this is asking people to stop derailing. I genuinely just want this over with. I haven't even been reading the responses anymore. I'm only continuing to ask, because im being blatantly ignored. Damn, if you disagree with me so much take it up in my message wall (Where i can ignore you in a more controlled environment) instead of flooding this thread, and my notifs.

Uh. Guys. I don't think this is that big enough of an issue to start shit over. Nobody cares, including yourselves, clearly, so like, uh, shut up lmfao.

Bro my last like 4 comments on this is asking people to stop derailing. I genuinely just want this over with. I haven't even been reading the responses anymore. I'm only continuing to ask, because im being blatantly ignored. Damn, if you disagree with me so much take it up in my message wall (Where i can ignore you in a more controlled environment) instead of flooding this thread, and my notifs.
"Being blatantly ignored" we love the flat out lying to try to gain a moral high ground.

I'm not going to respond if you don't. I'm not even talking about the argument, you derailed and you're telling me to stop trying to correct your derail. Just stop responding. Acknowledge that you did something wrong in the first place.

Blatantly ignored as in, im asking for you guys to stop arguing as its derailing, and the argument is continuing so my sentiment is being ignored. Please do not accuse me of lying without good reason. Listen i dont want any bad blood between anyone here, so can we just all agree collectively to talk about something else?

Blatantly ignored as in, im asking for you guys to stop arguing as its derailing, and the argument is continuing so my sentiment is being ignored. Please do not accuse me of lying without good reason. Listen i dont want any bad blood between anyone here, so can we just all agree collectively to talk about something else?
This. Regardless of everything, let's not have any more comments regarding the issue so we don't stir up any more ć̸̡̛̤̻̹̺̮̣̤̻͙͙̩̭̤̭̏̃̒̾͊̓͛̏̊͊̒͋ȟ̴̝̤͍͔̜̗͚̘̬̌̑̔̌͛̀̆̉͜͝ą̷̘͍̔̆̏͑̆ỏ̷̧̯̖̦̼̘̝̳͇̭̆̓̂̍́̇̀̅̇́̑̃̚͝s̸̬͌͗̍̄̅́̉͐̈́̒̚

"Being blatantly ignored" we love the flat out lying to try to gain a moral high ground.

I'm not going to respond if you don't. I'm not even talking about the argument, you derailed and you're telling me to stop trying to correct your derail. Just stop responding. Acknowledge that you did something wrong in the first place.
I think i understand what you need Axx. A clear response. Not me just deflecting by telling you to stop derailing, but a direct response. A means to an end. I want to preface that i understand yours and others arguments and whilst i do not wholeheartedly agree, i can respect and even agree on some of them. I will however not "apologise" for my arguments. That's silly. I will however apologise for the way i've conducted myself in my conversation with you. I was pretty rude (even if i found you annoying --> not trying to be rude, merely an assessment) and you didn't deserve that. I hope this can finally end whatever's been going on here, because this is the most sufficient response i'll probably ever give. I truly meant it when i said i didn't want any bad blood. So yeah, that's my two cents. I'm genuinely not discussing this matter anymore.

Dude was a dick to my brother.
in my defence i had no idea he was your brother, and it was on discord, and the dude has been nothing but a dick to me to. So im not exactly going to greet him with open arms. But the prophet Muhammad (SAW) says to forgive, and that is what im going to do. Have a blessed day.

in my defence i had no idea he was your brother, and it was on discord, and the dude has been nothing but a dick to me to. So im not exactly going to greet him with open arms. But the prophet Muhammad (SAW) says to forgive, and that is what im going to do. Have a blessed day.
I was rude to you cause you were a dick to my brother over something you misunderstood. I'm spy, not Gews. YOU brought it to discord and called me a twat.

My pet peeve is highkey timezones. Imagine being in a discussion here and you basically get 1 message a day between the two of you. A genuine nightmare

Personally would say it's too harsh whenever I see it
Yeah I'm not saying the RVR can't be effective or hasn't dropped banhammers like a Minecraft anvil.
But I do see same faces a lot in RVR threads. This latest one, I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'll laugh my ass off if that certain user gets reported again.

Agreed, people should really put their energy more on making profiles comprehensible and orderly. Made me remember another pet peeve of mine that I have probably brought up before:

The wiki should really encourage blogs to be orderly, neat, and worded more professionally. Both the titles and the contents. Especially for calculations. I've seen a some calcs you can barely comprehend because it looks like it's written like a hyperactive 12 year old's ramblings at the back of their notebook.
Aside from the obvious [Intro -> Body -> Conclusion] format, the phrasing and the math themselves shouldn't be difficult to follow.

And although it's rare, there really are blog titles that describes some random asshole or whatever unrelated topic. That should be avoided.

Yeah I'm not saying the RVR can't be effective or hasn't dropped banhammers like a Minecraft anvil.
But I do see same faces a lot in RVR threads. This latest one, I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'll laugh my ass off if that certain user gets reported again.
That's true, I would say the ones that make minor rule violation gets hard punishment while those that does more rule violation gets it easy... But 🤷‍♂️🙈

Yeah.
Also, I know some of us (me included) at times enjoy some good drama in the RVR thread, but a random dude really just went and requested stuff to be recapped to him like it's some sort of Netflix series he wants to keep up with lol

People really need to control themselves, or bother to just read in silence.

Waking up to RVR drama is like waking up with a TV sitting right in front of your face playing the latest new cheesy drama that you watch on the weekend while shoveling popcorn down your throat to hide your crippling loneliness. Perfect guilty pleasure.

Waking up to RVR drama is like waking up with a TV sitting right in front of your face playing the latest new cheesy drama that you watch on the weekend while shoveling popcorn down your throat to hide your crippling loneliness. Perfect guilty pleasure.
Ah? so you too like to watch the RVR, what's your favorite moments?

When the staff have to keep telling regular members to stop cluttering the RVR for the millionth time, that's really, really entertaining.

When the staff have to keep telling regular members to stop cluttering the RVR for the millionth time, that's really, really entertaining.
Ahh i see, my favorite moment is when Pandimensional dude's sock gets here and get banned again, which is needed ofc

Especially if it's the same offenders who clutter the RVR thread. No offense to anyone who felt attacked by that.
But it's funny. Kinda like that one Simpsons meme.

Especially if it's the same offenders who clutter the RVR thread. No offense to anyone who felt attacked by that.
But it's funny. Kinda like that one Simpsons meme.
Exactly! Like when i click the RVR and saw the same exact dude get reported for the almost the same reason before

Also, yes I'm encouraging anyone to NOT do things that get you reported, it's not worth it

also, yes I almost got reported for insulting another dude before, now that's my fault for blowing up sure but the dude is literally stonewalling and not pay attention to me and other dude's arguments

I love how yall were told to stop talking, just to have an entire convo. Someone nuke every unneeded comment (Except mine because im cool), or can a mod officially tell yall to shut up lol.

Back