• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like their should be a rule added that says you have to comment more then [Insert character] FRA.

It’s honestly pretty silly how the bulk of a comments on a battle discussion will literally just be people typing two words and that somehow is a commonly accepted voting criteria.
TBH I think the system of voting on matches and adding them to profiles is generally a detriment. It more or less turns into who has more fans a lot of the time, and the matches get removed so regularly due to the constantly changing tiers.

Anyways, my pet peeve: Overly long scaling chains. I hate when I see a profile and its AP justification links to another profile, which links to another profile, which links to another profile... etc

I saw that Yugioh's "Dark Magician" was 2-C (insanity btw), and when I went to see why it was because it scales to Blue Eyes White Dragon... who's justification is scaling to the Egyptian Gods... who scale to Exodia... who scale to Yubel... whos justification is "likely would've survived Super Polymerization which would have destroyed the 12 universes."

Yep. That's like, 8 profiles, all scaling to "likely would've survived something that he said would destroy the 12 universes."

Additional pet peeve: An entire verse having laughably high power levels due to like, one thing that happened on a cosmic scale. Obelisk's next best feat is 7-C. But apparently this verse has been 2-C since the profiles were made like 8 years ago and I don't care enough about Yugioh scaling to fix it.

Anyways, my pet peeve: Overly long scaling chains. I hate when I see a profile and its AP justification links to another profile, which links to another profile, which links to another profile... etc

I saw that Yugioh's "Dark Magician" was 2-C (insanity btw), and when I went to see why it was because it scales to Blue Eyes White Dragon... who's justification is scaling to the Egyptian Gods... who scale to Exodia... who scale to Yubel... whos justification is "likely would've survived Super Polymerization which would have destroyed the 12 universes."

Yep. That's like, 8 profiles, all scaling to "likely would've survived something that he said would destroy the 12 universes."

Additional pet peeve: An entire verse having laughably high power levels due to like, one thing that happened on a cosmic scale. Obelisk's next best feat is 7-C. But apparently this verse has been 2-C since the profiles were made like 8 years ago and I don't care enough about Yugioh scaling to fix it.
Fallen of Albaz victims

Me sifting through five or so consecutive Guilty Gear profiles linking to each other that are all 5-A only to finally find the calc for it and it turns out it’s High 5-A

Me sifting through five or so consecutive Guilty Gear profiles linking to each other that are all 5-A only to finally find the calc for it and it turns out it’s High 5-A
I’m lucky SAO never has this issue because the verse is a video game where everyone important with profiles is around the same level so they just are at the same level without a crazy big scaling chain.

I feel like we should include a note on profiles like that which just annotates where the chain ends.

I recall prior to the heralds upgrade, trying to find why there were all 4-B was quite a task, because at certain points the scaling chain became circular. Turns out it was all from one statement when a character said the OG green lanterns power could "blow up the solar system" and then everyone got to scale to that even though no one had any feats on that level across, like, decades of fiction.

But now they're all 2-C so, oh well.

I’m lucky SAO never has this issue because the verse is a video game where everyone important with profiles is around the same level so they just are at the same level without a crazy big scaling chain.
Well the same goes for Guilty Gear, because fighting game shenanigans, but it becomes a hassle to sift through it all and finally find the calc only to realize the tier they’re at and the calc they scale to are completely different.

The calc isn’t even on the verse page

Well the same goes for Guilty Gear, because fighting game shenanigans, but it becomes a hassle to sift through it all and finally find the calc only to realize the tier they’re at and the calc they scale to are completely different.

The calc isn’t even on the verse page
TBF Fighting Game stuff in general needs some MAJOR revisions. A lot of the policies we have, especially for stuff like instant kill supers is just stupid imo.

I feel like we should include a note on profiles like that which just annotates where the chain ends.

I recall prior to the heralds upgrade, trying to find why there were all 4-B was quite a task, because at certain points the scaling chain became circular. Turns out it was all from one statement when a character said the OG green lanterns power could "blow up the solar system" and then everyone got to scale to that even though no one had any feats on that level across, like, decades of fiction.

But now they're all 2-C so, oh well.
Notes would be a godsend, yeah. Not knowing where the chain begins or ends makes things so much more annoying than they need to be

It seems like there’s a more clearly defined scaling chain for Guilty Gear at least. Someone (I forgot who) can just kill Ramlethal time and time again, for instance
Yeah, it got a lot better once the Low 1-C was dropped for everyone and only Sol, Jack-O/Aria, That Man (yes all 3-4 of them) just got it through magic, preparation and Adam’s Seed

For the scaling chains, I believe that the note section will help mitigate this issue.

I haven't seen it being used around all that much, but it helps out a lot when it's done right.

Of course that all depends on how active the verse's supporters are and how willingly they are to implement it.

Have you tried checking if there were notes that provide their statistical values like other profiles are doing now? This might be through multipliers

Speed equal is just mid. It honestly shouldn't be on profile wins or losses. Also don't say, your verse>theirs and then put it on speed equal.

Ant tries to reply to every single posted blog on the wiki, which means he has a list of generalized statements that he uses that fit like 99/100 scenarios. Probably plays by vibe at least some of the time.

Speed equal is just mid. It honestly shouldn't be on profile wins or losses. Also don't say, your verse>theirs and then put it on speed equal.
not that it matters, every profile people actively want to get matches for gets a new CRT every other week upgrading it to oblivion so no match remains for any notable amount of time unless it's for characters with fairly stable ratings, which largely means not from any popular comic book or anime that can be powercrept

And let's not even get into arguments such as this guy is skilled enough to cut concepts, while this guy is skilled enough to beat perfect clones of himself that are ten times stronger, while this other guy is skilled enough to slash at three different places at the same time as if he is pulling off some multiverse shenanigans. This skill stuff can get messy and is even worse for official matches than what we do now.

I'd like some users to try to be a bit more chill regarding VS matchups and their additions to the profiles. Like what I said in the MHA discussion thread, they're the least important part of the profiles, and a single CRT updating the stats of a profile could get all the matches indexed in it removed.
What's important is to have a fair and fun discourse during the threads. Impossible, I know.

I think we should just not allow matches to be listed on profiles and instead have the notable fights portion to show a characters canonical victories/loses

I think we should just not allow matches to be listed on profiles and instead have the notable fights portion to show a characters canonical victories/loses
Volcanica from ReZero being a "god tier" and never having fought anybody except a white girl and the ******* Messiah of the verse who thought he could chop his head off barehanded💀💀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back