• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like some users to try to be a bit more chill regarding VS matchups and their additions to the profiles. Like what I said in the MHA discussion thread, they're the least important part of the profiles, and a single CRT updating the stats of a profile could get all the matches indexed in it removed.
What's important is to have a fair and fun discourse during the threads. Impossible, I know.
Not to name names but I’m going to name names back when Weekly was on the wiki I remade Yang vs Kirito (one of my first threads ever on the site) because I felt as if the arguments I provided back in 2021 were super bare bones and didn’t cover his abilities or anything else well for that matter.

I was met with stonewalling, insults, even misgendering and other stuff and when the thread was said and done, and Kirito won, it got immediately removed. Granted it wasn’t the perfect thread and I dipped out and found out people made some not so good arguments (also finding out Yang’s “one-shot wincon” was pure wank that only Weekly thought up.) but goddamn people need to take this site less seriously.

People treat vsdebating like a job when it should be a fun hobby. This is why so many people get heated and throw insults and other obscenities at each other just take a chill pill it’s not that serious.

I think we should just not allow matches to be listed on profiles and instead have the notable fights portion to show a characters canonical victories/loses
Not really sure about this.
I think encouraging users to expand on a feats section, or optionally, make a respect thread, would be a good thing though. Or even linking someone else's respect thread, although you may have to ask permission for that.

Not really sure about this.
I think encouraging users to expand on a feats section, or optionally, make a respect thread, would be a good thing though. Or even linking someone else's respect thread, although you may have to ask permission for that.
Some profiles actually do this iirc

Speed equal is just mid. It honestly shouldn't be on profile wins or losses. Also don't say, your verse>theirs and then put it on speed equal.
Pretty much all of the speed stats on the wiki are egregiously overrated, and the spectrum of possible speeds is so variable that even a relatively "small" difference in calculations can make an otherwise interesting match up a complete stomp.

My personal pet peeve is how finnicky and annoying references are. I know I know, references good and important, but that dosnt change the fact that they are a nightmare to assign to every scan and statement to profiles. Its probably manageable for shorter series, but anything above a couple hundreds is brain melting.

Godspeed to those that dont mind adding hundreds of references for hundreds of different chapters and timestamps, but I just desire death. Can a clever IT guy please optimize the formatting any way pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

My personal pet peeve is how finnicky and annoying references are. I know I know, references good and important, but that dosnt change the fact that they are a nightmare to assign to every scan and statement to profiles. Its probably manageable for shorter series, but anything above a couple hundreds is brain melting.

Godspeed to those that dont mind adding hundreds of references for hundreds of different chapters and timestamps, but I just desire death. Can a clever IT guy please optimize the formatting any way pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
Eventually there will be a time when AI will do the rederencing for us so hang on till then

yugioh master duel. the whole thing. this game brings out the absolute worst in me. the only redeeming quality is that it's a yugioh game and that it has fallen of albaz.

[Me making/remaking over a dozen profiles from a 1400+ chapter web novel (this is why I won't even finish it this year)]

erm
image.png

And let's not even get into arguments such as this guy is skilled enough to cut concepts, while this guy is skilled enough to beat perfect clones of himself that are ten times stronger, while this other guy is skilled enough to slash at three different places at the same time as if he is pulling off some multiverse shenanigans. This skill stuff can get messy and is even worse for official matches than what we do now.
I was there in thicks when those debates happened. People trying to pass the above mentioned shit as skill were high and abused the living hell out of no standards and people being clueless about that stuff in general.

Not much different from 2017/18 VSB where showing scans of "DiMEnSioNs" and a random number was enough to net you a 1-C tiering and above, because no one sat down, looked at that and be like "Thats garbage", and established some actual requirements.

Not much different from 2017/18 VSB where showing scans of "DiMEnSioNs" and a random number was enough to net you a 1-C tiering and above, because no one sat down, looked at that and be like "Thats garbage", and established some actual requirements.
That's still a thing.

isn't ben 10 at 26D for this exact reason lol
26D won't ever surpass the insanity that was this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back