• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

The absolute cope this man is running with
eSlFmaq.png

You are not ready for Goatjo Watoru to have his second enlightenment, free Megumis soul and have all four of them jump Lukuna
mKdCJcr.png

I think the bullet point approach with a scrollbox should be used when the entire wall of text can't be viewed at once

The swiftness at which a JJK fans jump ship is astounding. Before it was Goatjo and now y'all smoking on that Hollow Purple. "It's an evil world we live in."
I feel like there's a lesson of tempering expectations, similar to the saying of never meet your heroes (I just hope JJK still remains quite active here, I know revisions are planned for future but Gojo getting killed off might also kill off some of the verse's notoriety here). I may be naive but MHA and BC fans should probably learn from this.

image.png

my vsbw pet peeve is that this isnt real
Wow! Thank you user BasedNecoScaler69, formally known as BasedNecoArcScaler and Marshadow29, for upgrading funny meme character to 1-A. I cannot wait to make matchups with funny meme 1-A character where they duke it out with other funny meme 1-A characters! I love powerscaling, I love life! smiley

Come to think of it, one small pet peeve is profiles that say a character 'should be' stronger than another without really elaborating on why. One example is Patchouli's profile stating that she 'should be' still physically stronger than Cirno despite being weaker and frailer than an average human with no evidence. Between that and Kosuzu being stronger than Cirno as a natural birthright despite being a physically normal human child, there seems to be an unspoken assumption that Cirno is no stronger than a 4 year old human from Gensokyo that's not proven anywhere on the profiles.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, one small pet peeve is profiles say that a character 'should be' stronger than another without really elaborating on why. One example is Patchouli's profile stating that she 'should be' still physically stronger than Cirno despite being weaker and frailer than an average human without elaborating on why. Between that and Kosuzu being stronger than Cirno as a natural birthright despite being a physically normal human child, there seems to be an unspoken assumption that Cirno is no stronger than a 4 year old human from Gensokyo that's not proven anywhere on the profiles.
I am aware the scaling is dogshit and I am working on it (y)

They shouldn't be 8-B though, more like on the very low end of 8-C (if that).

Because it looks better.

I cannot physically COMPREHEND how people see paragraph P&As and Bullet Point P&As and think “yeah, I like blocks of text”.
I insist that you read your favorite book written entirely in bullet point format.

We should put bullet points into tables like this
XCoRCcj.png

to make sure it really looks like a grocery list.
(I mean, who makes a grocery list and writes only on the left side of the paper? That's a waste of resources.)

I read books in paragraph because those are stories 😭.

If you’re listing a group of things, which is what P&A sections do, then using bullet points is definitely preferable to book style.
"If you think words look better on that format then you're crazy"

"Well yeah for actual reading"

I like how paragraphs look and dislike how corporate bullet points look, I hates tabbers even more. Easier to read? Don't care, don't see anybody pushin' for the some-letters-bold thing that does actually does make them easier to read.

Read my walls of text and weep.

a paragraph P&A is like if someone handed you a grocery list, but instead of putting it in list format they decided to write a page with commas in between 😒.
When I go to the grocery store, only God knows what I'm gonna have when I walk out.

Can't even lie.
Bullet points being introduced as a possible format for Powers and Abilities sections is the worst thing to ever happen to the Wiki.
Why are sections of five abilities with one-sentence-long justifications each being separated by bullets?
The bullet point and scrollbox format should only be used when the P&As are long and have lengthy explanations

Because it looks better.

I cannot physically COMPREHEND how people see paragraph P&As and Bullet Point P&As and think “yeah, I like blocks of text”.
Makes stuff easier to find as well. Just better to read overall.
I'm not reading a novel, I'm looking at a profile.

I think, if I may want to have improvements, it would be regarding how the abilities are arranged. A P&A section could be arranged chronologically, alphabetically, sorted by similarity or relativity with each abilities, or some others that would be easier to parse when understanding the profiles. Sometimes the abilities are just put together without care as long as its listed there and that makes for a bad profile.

For example, a character may have multiple abilities that can be categorized into three brackets: Observation (say, Analytical Prediction, Precognition, and the like), Combat (Fire Manipulation, Projectile Manipulation, etc.), and Support (Healing, Ability Enhancement, etc). Arranging the abilities in that order would probably make the profile much more readable, but if it's arranged like "Analytical Prediction, Fire Manipulation, Precongition, Ability Enhancement, Projectile Manipulation, and so on) it just looks like a mess.

This goes for both bullet point format and the wall of text format.

Back