• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki novel

Don't worry, let me be risky this time. After all, this is the story of everybody, not a concrete person (Don't believe my development page).

The game was supposed to be worked on by one guy with suggestions from his friends

This was everyone trying to create their own stories with no one to take the lead. It is honestly doubtful if this project will ever come to fruition

This thread got lost in jungles, I suppose.

@everyone

Can someone try to summarize a cosmology from what we have suggested there? I'm afraid that I don't have much time doing this myself.

I'll try to find time to make a cosmology out of all existing ideas

Um, honestly, shouldn't the base cosmology be simpler? Because in the long run, complex cosmologies only lead to complications and annoyances.

Like, for regular users and staff members, it should be basically akin to like, the students and teachers at Hogwarts. They can all do magic or fight, but some have special duties to perform, so they focus a specific type of magic, like Dark Arts or Herbology. The regular students can obviously do all the magic stuff, but everyone has their own favourite gimmick.

So similiarly, everyone has the power to do anything, but certain people (staff members) are specialized and skilled in some powers. That's a unifying concept which doesn't make the blue names cannon fodder, and makes the coloured names more than just "gifted"

Limitless stamina, Instinctive Reaction (bots perform things on their own after all), immunity to mind and soul manipulation.

Weaknesses would be probably lack of intelligence and flexibility for different situations.

I basically tried to write something for the prologue... not exactly good in quality (I didn't even proof-read it) but basically it covers how the wiki "gets characters", and hey, atleast it's some progress... right? (TLDR pls no hate me)

CRINGE ALERT

"Are you yawning?"

Gotta admit, hearing that joke for the first time in the theatre had me laughing, not for the 27th time, however, that's where it gets annoyingly old. But a job's a job I suppose, no matter how many films it ruins for me.

So that's why I'm here on this dustbowl of a planet, waiting for the main characters to show up. The group I'm hiding besides consists of a Low 6-B, a coupla' 8-Cs and a 10-B, but they're not the ones I'm after, no, it's the black sheep currently glitching out ahead of me.

Target's a magic wielder, but those are just the basics. Time stop, BFR, teleportation and those pesky little whips of his has made it an absolute nightmare to kidnap him, not to mention this is basically the only time he's off-screen in this form, so gotta work with what I have here, and do it silently enough for others to not notice.

Having previously set up a wormhole in the front of him, I get in the position to tackle him into it. As graceful as an elephant, I know, but hey, I'm living every Benedict Cumberbatch fangirl's dream here. So I set my dials to 9-B and Invisibility, and rush full force forward, only to be suddenly pull upwards. Forgot about that low gravity spot there...

In the air, I start to panic, but in the midst of me flailing my arms as I lift, I attempt to grab something, anything to latch onto my target. As I hover over him, a tuft of his hair brushes past my hand, and I grasp it and pull him into the wormhole, flying into it myself.

"What in the-?!" the sorcerer holds his head in pain, shock and confusion as he's sucked into the wormhole, and upon reaching inside, he reels in his captor, me, and assumes a fighting stance. I'm lying on the floor as the target raises his arms towards my face

"Who are you!? What master do you serve!?" He says as holographic patterns form around his fist, far more threatening in real life. While my heart skips a beat, my lips manage to sputter out "Chill!" in likely the most embarassing way possible.

He slightly backs off, doubting my elegibility as a threat, and in a serious tone replies "Explain yourself!".

I try to catch my breath, and perhaps out of my delirium or my stupidity I yell out: "I just wanna clone you!"

Big mistake saying that to a superhero. This could've been far more easier.

"What, is this some new age Empire scheme?" He quips, as I realize this was not ending without a fight.

Slying, as he continued on with his jokes further, I attempt to set my tier dial to 6-B, but before I even touch it, a searing pain is felt through wrist, as I turn to see my hand lying on the floor. "Ooh, trust me there bud, I know alot about losing a hand or two as well" the Target quips "You'll get over it soon enough", as I realize my second big mistake today, not setting my speed to High Hypersonic.

Before I can even react to any of the attacks, my body was being sliced even before I could see it, this was a curbstomp battle, and was it not for me giving myself Low-Godly regen, I'd have died by the second hit, but the pain makes up for me dying. It was like dying and reviving over and over again, in just a single second. I try to fight back using my baton, but I hit jack. However, suddenly I remembered something, and desperately attempted to reach over my shoulder. The target however, was being as relentless as ever with his hits.

"You know, you're a horrible opponent, but you make for a great training dummy back at Kamar-Taj" he jokes "But time to end this now", and he proceeds to form a portal behind me. The target confidently moves his hands in a circular gesture, so he didn't expect me suddenly grabbing onto them and crushing them with my full might.

He lets out a cry of pain as the portal disrupts and he's momentarily incapacitated. "How?.... How did you get so fast all the sudden...?" he lets out, haven't fully recovered from his pain. "Simple, I activated my speed equalization field" I reply rather confidently, and having set my tiers, I oneshot him onto the ground.

"Finally!" I let out a gasp, "God, were you a b**** to catch". But work doesn't end here, so I bring out my scanner and healing pills, reading his statistical signatures and fixing him up. Then I toss back on his world and boarded my dimension traveller.

I turn on the post-capture feed of the universe to verify my work, and studied the scene carefully.

"You're back. You're alright"

"Hey, what was that?"

Now to see if the mindwipe worked, otherwise gotta do this all over again...

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." the target said.

"Perfect..." I say to myself as my grin widens, and then proceed to set my direction to Work: Dimension-21,416
So in clarity, this version has all staffers with the following powers:-

• Adjustable Statistics and Powers: More OP the power, more the risk of the adjusting dials "overloading". When that happens you can be stuck in a completely random tier forever, like Tier 11 or Tier 0 (This is basically how I interpreted Reactive Evolution to be functional in this scenario)
  • Statistics Equalization via the Speed Equalization field
  • Dimensional Travel and Time Travel.

Nerfing and Buffing guns sound kinda too OP, and frankly, characters with that sort of dominion of their surroundings tend to occupy villain roles, and it is extremely hard to write them as a hero in anything.

We can give those to the moderators however, and those can be akin to bans, I suppose

I just realized I made fanfic SCP Foundatio

Also, I kinda like the concept of this being an anthology, so if anyone wants to submit their own, unrelated chapters, feel free to do so.

Zark2099 said:
Nerfing and Buffing guns sound kinda too OP, and frankly, characters with that sort of dominion of their surroundings tend to occupy villain roles, and it is extremely hard to write them as a hero in anything.

We can give those to the moderators however, and those can be akin to bans, I suppose
Well, other people can be as haxed as they want.

Allow me to introduce myself

Astor was having a bad day. Not only was he late for work, he had bumped into someone who was clearly bad news. Having spent the past half hour trying to get past him, he had had enough. Setting his tier dial to 8-C and Supersonic, he attempted to force his way past the man. Results were produced, he was now slowly backing away, still dodging each hit, but only barely. Raising his lifting strength to class 1, Astor made one last push, and made it past the man, continuing his journey. Having spent his day off on mars, this particular rush to work would be through space. It was a pity that he could not admire the scenery, for it was quite beautiful, stars in all directions forming patterns one could gaze at for days on end. Eventually, he made it to earth.

After being yelled at for being late, his day went on as usual. After work, he decided to take a look at the part of space where he encountered the strange individual. Outside the atmosphere, there wasn't much, but that meant anything left by him would stick out like a sore thumb. To his surprise, he found the man floating where their confrontation took place. In his right hand, he held a book with a decorative cover, but no obvious writing. Astor asked the obvious question: "who are you, and what do you want?" "You can call me The God Of Procrastination, and I just want you to help me test something." He replied. Suddenly, a portal opened up beneath him, revealing what appeared to be a large stone well. After a second, it was filled by a mass of tentacles, which even spilled out somewhat, creating a ghastly rim. Suddenly, Astor was pulled towards the hole, as if invisible strings had attached themselves to his every cell. Twisting the dial on his wrist, he tried everything he possibly could to get the man to release him. Nothing worked fire manipulation, sealing, not even timestop worked, though it did momentarily halt his plunge. Lastly, he tried existence erasure on the highest tier he dared. Nothing. "Wrong target," he said, "and completely futile." Astor let out a gasp as he felt a slimy tentacle coil around him, further pulling him toward his doom. The tentacles closed up, the portal did the same, and The noticed a few more pages of writing in his mostly-blank book.

Would love to write something from myself, but it's one hell to do it on mobile

I feel like setting tiers and abilities should be more limited. Say, making it a resource that you can gain and loose.

Something like the users being able to only do what they have once already defeated/cloned, and/or such things having a limited use after which they require a new thing to captured, could make this into making the fights more about characters trying to soend the least resources to gain more.

You could also make, like, a tournament where one outs their character against others, and after repeated matches until one wins a minimum of 7 times thsy can gain kor lose) said resources.

This would also obviously bring new users (10-B) to fight stronger opponents (10-A or 9-C) and use their wits to win, and keep hitting up like this. (You could even make a few points where some mention how annoying the insane differences in power in a single tier can be, or make people woth higher tier look down at those with a lower one).

Sorry for typos, on a phone.

Back