• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs Battles Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
The Vs Battles Wiki Glossary Page is bad.

While the idea of a page that explains vs battle lingo to new members is fine, the stuff in said page is questionable. Why would any member need to know that "Agk" stands for Akame ga Kill ? or that "FE" is an abbreviation for Fire Emblem ? This is not useful.

In contrast though, the page does have useful definitions such as the definiton for "Bump" and "Necro" which are things you often see new members pondering the meaning of.

Taking this into account, I have removed all of the random, weirdly specific information and condensed everything that appears important into a sandbox for the new Vs Battles Wiki Glossary. NOTE: this list is not exhaustive. If there is anything that you would like to suggest please feel free to.

Sandbox

Last edited:
The sandbox looks good. Much neater, and less arbitrary with what terms are included/excluded. This has my support.

When a character performs a feat that is generally that is considered way above their usual level of power.

This isn't entirely correct for the Outlier definition. An outlier is just a feat considered outside their usual level of power, whether that's above or below it (though the latter case isn't brought up nearly as often)

What about UES
I thought to include it, but akaik it is being revised atm.
or layer?
Will include
This isn't entirely correct for the Outlier definition. An outlier is just a feat considered outside their usual level of power, whether that's above or below it (though the latter case isn't brought up nearly as often)
I took it from the original, so didn’t catch that but yea for sure. Thank you for pointing that out. Will fix.

WoG should be the "term" and "Word of God" should be explanation.

Downplayer and wanker are definitely needed to be added.

Regarding the sandbox itself. Yes, I love the usage of table style and the introduction is neat itself. Great job!
"Word of God" is not enough as an explanation since that's just what the acronym stands for

Oh yeah, I just overlooked it as it wasn't abbreviated. But I suppose Game Mechanics can is another additional one.
You can just say universal energy system and link to the UES page
WoG should be the "term" and "Word of God" should be explanation.

Downplayer and wanker are definitely needed to be added.

Regarding the sandbox itself. Yes, I love the usage of table style and the introduction is neat itself. Great job!
"Word of God" is not enough as an explanation since that's just what the acronym stands for
This is not what I meant. The OP switched between abbreviation and explanation in that instance.
All of this should probably be fixed, yes.

I also support the fundamental principle of this revision in any case.

All of this should probably be fixed, yes.

I also support the fundamental principle of this revision in any case.
All terms have been added now, and given the staff support, I have applied this. If anyone has any additional nominations for terms feel free to tell me on my message wall.

I believe this thread can be closed now, thank you to everyone that commented.

All terms have been added now, and given the staff support, I have applied this. If anyone has any additional nominations for terms feel free to tell me on my message wall.

I believe this thread can be closed now, thank you to everyone that commented.
Okay. Thanks a lot for helping to improve our wiki. 🙏🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back