• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles visitor statistics update

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Since it has been a while, I just thought that I should inform the staff and regular members of our wiki about our current visitor statistics according to Quantcast and Similarweb Pro.

IMG 20170503 073726 833
IMG 20170503 073634 2805
As you can see, we continue to slowly but steadily grow in popularity.

According to Quantcast, we had 154500 individual visitors for the last 30 days, and according to Similarweb, we had 25083 x 5.91 x 31 ~ 4595456 page views for the last 31 days.

I hope that you will find this encouraging regarding the status of our community.

Well, given the sheer numbers of people who constantly visit our wiki, they are a vocal minority per definition.

Also, we manage the by far most popular character statistics wiki in the world, so disagreements about the statistics are bound to happen, and given the sheer amount of profiles, it is impossible to ensure that all of them are accurate.

MagiSinbad said:
Despite the amount of bad mouth about our wiki out there. It's seem there's still alot of people trusting our wiki and usually comeback for more information
We're probably among the friendliest versus communities and we have a wider collection of characters and even weapons. These two factors might be the top reasons people keep coming back here despite the bad word of mouth.

@Soldier Blue

Same reasons why i'm here as well. I had alot of fun times in this wiki because everyone is really friendly. Heh, maybe thank to our strict behavior rules :p

That was part of the idea with having strict rules, yes. It creates a much more pleasant collaborative atmosphere, and makes the wiki considerably easier to manage.

For comparison/perspective, the commercial independent entertainment site Bleeding Cool had roughly 9451886 page views for the last 31 days, so our 4595456 page views are nothing to sneeze at.

The Anime News Network had roughly 37792561 page views the last 31 days, and CBR (Comicbook Resources) 28946254, so we obviously have far left to go, but nevertheless, we are doing quite well.

Anybody can sign up to Similarweb Pro, but Quantcast is a special privilege that the Fandom staff gave me.

SHould we combine it with the parody wikis run by staff on here and generally viewed by members of the wiki part of it (such as joke-battles)

@Riiingo No. The FC/OC and Joke Battles wikis should remain separate.

If there was ever an occasion for the meme, it's now...

Let this be a testament to the time and effort the community here, particularly the staff, put into this wiki! I don't really care for debating who can beat whom, but this wiki has shown me information that has greatly increased my appreciation for various works of fiction and introduced to to other works I've come to enjoy, to say nothing of the practical information and the good folks I've come across here. Keep up the good work, all!

This always good news to hear we are growing!

I wonder what's causing those huge spikes in views on certain days.

damn dude. VS wiki lets go.

and hopefully that'll double sooner than later. very tired of people shuning my arguments just because i ocasionally use this site. heck someone even refused to argue with me because i use this tiering system, you know, the same system everyone with a functioning brain uses. but eh, we'll see this trend dying not so long in the future.

MagiSinbad said:
this is good.
Despite the amount of bad mouth about our wiki out there. It's seem there's still alot of people trusting our wiki and usually comeback for more information
That's more of a rumor if you ask me, nobody at my end is having any badmouthing about VS. It's only agreeing or disagreeing with its stats on some characters, it's not thing that big. We blocked the only person who had a real spite against here last month I believe for rude behavior. Other than that, there's not much badmouthing at all.

@Radicalcoolade1

I do not know if Galaxian Pyron had any particular goals when he started the wiki.

As for me personally, I'm a severely OCD autistic perfectionist, so after I learned of and got attached to the wiki, I gradually started to try to make improvements, which lead to making new improvements, and so onwards.

I've seen people say negative things about this wiki in other wikis (most notably the Death Battle Fanon Wiki), mostly due to statistics that they disagree with, but it's the minority of people that do this. Regardless, it's always good news to hear of this wiki's growth. I sincerely hope that it continues to grow.

Yes it's a shame but everyone i show this site to thinks it's stupid

Hopefully as thesite continues to gain momentum we'll see a change

Yes. We have managed to get through all of the problems that we have faced so far, and the site is steadily growing in popularity thanks to our collective efforts.

I wonder if we will ever breach 10 million?

Back