• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles To-do list (Help greatly needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean where do you put the line between what is for Minors and what is for Adults? Its a pretty much subjective thing .... one could consider murder (be it mentioned or actually shown), sex (mentioned in little detail or a complex one, or actually being shown), cannibalism, gore, etc. It's hard to say what it is and what's now. Will you now go through each verse and read/watch them to see how far they go or just ask the supporters? For example, The Boys verse covers all these (not cannibalism from what I know).
Yes, I mentioned earlier that it will likely be too hard to define properly. I suppose that our {{Content Warning}} template will have to be enough.

Yes, I mentioned earlier that it will likely be too hard to define properly. I suppose that our {{Content Warning}} template will have to be enough.
So you plan to put for each verse showing e.g. characters killing other characters? Currently there are many anime verses where murders occur, but they are still for all ages.

13) Should we update the standard code for character image gallery links in verse pages to the one used in the One Piece verse page, as it looks good for both light and dark mode, as well as explicitly mention that this is our preferred standard? We would also need to include instructions for linking to the associated most relevant wiki(s) for each respective verse near the top of the pages.
The images look nice and professional on that page. I'm not sure what the current template looks like though, since most of the verse pages I see are all over the place and using their own formats. Could someone link me a verse page using the old one correctly?

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
This issue does get complicated when one franchise has multiple very similar named series. I'm not sure it'll be possible for a standard to be both consistent and able to encompass every possibility.
Personally in these cases I think characters for spinoffs should just have the name of the spinoff as simplified as possible without losing clarity, for example: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Injustice).
Then for the verse, it should contain the full title if it has one, but otherwise if there's no distinction a universal (Verse) should work.

A lot of these seem to be way out of my expertise, so I'll leave them for people who actually know how to help here.

This doesn't address the bigger picture but the John Clowder verse doesn't have an official name and was based off the author's name. I suppose the first game's title plus verse might be better "Middens (Verse)"

So you plan to put for each verse showing e.g. characters killing other characters? Currently there are many anime verses where murders occur, but they are still for all ages.
No, the {{Content Warning}} template should only be used for wiki pages with genuinely disturbing described content or image links.

We haven't quite finished our discussion thread about this topic though, so we still need to add an official editing rule.

6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals.
I was thinking something similar, only "Instinctive" as a definition before that. Many animals are capable of intelligent thought, communication and completing complex tasks but just aren't comparable to humans. "Instinctive" would cover beings that are hardly capable of even these feats effectively, as well as beings that move simply out of a reaction to other beings/events.

I suppose that something like this might work, yes.

Mindless

Instinctive

Animalistic

High Animalistic

Below Average

Average

Above Average

Gifted

Genius

Extraordinary Genius

Supergenius

Nigh-Omniscient

Omniscient

Somebody would need to write proper draft texts for Instinctive, Animalistic, and High Animalistic, that keep them distinctive though.

Okay. Would just Animalistic and High Animalistic be acceptable then?

I suppose that something like this might work, yes.

Mindless

Instinctive

Animalistic

High Animalistic

Below Average

Average

Above Average

Gifted

Genius

Extraordinary Genius

Supergenius

Nigh-Omniscient

Omniscient

Somebody would need to write proper draft texts for Instinctive, Animalistic, and High Animalistic, that keep them distinctive though.
I don't really think higher levels other than simply just Animalistic is necessary

Okay. Would just Animalistic and High Animalistic be acceptable then?
Will something like this work for High Animalistic? Some animals I could think of for High Animalistic would be chimpanzees, octopuses, dolphins, rats, etc.
Beings that show behavior similar to animals, but that demonstrate learning capabilities above the average animal either by special training or by mere intellectual capacities also by adapting to their environment, these beings are capable of performing complex tasks that no other normal animal could do but their intelligence would still remain animalistic.
Personally I don't think that the current definition of animalistic should be totally changed, I just think that the bold part should be removed.
Beings, such as animals, that only possess basic reasoning, awareness, and problem-solving skills. While various animals, such as chimpanzees, may possess higher capacities for such things, their intelligence would still remain animalistic.

Well, that may be a somewhat extreme description, as it overlaps with below average human.

For simplicity's sake, you can maybe consider a relatively smart house cat to have 40-45 real world IQ points, whereas a rather dumb human has 70 to 80 real world IQ points, and given that certain Chimpanzees can be taught to communicate via symbols on a simple touchscreen computer and drive a small customised motor driven toy car, they would probably fit in the latter category.

However, my recollections are vague regarding what I have read about the topic of animal intelligence.

Well, that may be a somewhat extreme description, as it overlaps with below average human.

For simplicity's sake, you can maybe consider a relatively smart house cat to have 40-45 real world IQ points, whereas a rather dumb human has 70 to 80 real world IQ points, and given that certain Chimpanzees can be taught to communicate via symbols on a simple touchscreen computer and drive a small customised motor driven toy car, they would probably fit in the latter category.
That is wildly off, a cat's IQ is roughly 7-10. I think 40-45 is roughly the level of an 8-year old child, so that's absolutely still within Below Average. I think we shouldn't use IQ, though, it's a test tailored to humans and animal intelligence can manifest in different ways. Apparently the most intelligent chimpanzees can reach over 80 IQ which basically puts them at a normal human's level, which is quite insane to think of.

If it's too difficult to find reliable limits, it might be better to just keep a single Animalistic level.

I think worrying about extreme outliers is unproductive here.
Yes, if there's people who are literally braindead then there's people out there with the intelligence of a cat, or a single chimpanzee who has been pushed to its limit through human intervention.

The fact of the matter is that even people of below average intelligence are vastly more knowledgeable and competent than an average chimpanzee.
I don't think there's overlap that's statistically significant.

I do support separating the ratings, though, only for the purpose of the fact that a beetle, a dog, and a dolphin are vastly different.

If it's too difficult to find reliable limits, it might be better to just keep a single Animalistic level.
Yeah, i'm fine with this. It would depend on the intelligence descriptions of the characters whether one determines whether it is higher or lower.

That is wildly off, a cat's IQ is roughly 7-10. I think 40-45 is roughly the level of an 8-year old child, so that's absolutely still within Below Average. I think we shouldn't use IQ, though, it's a test tailored to humans and animal intelligence can manifest in different ways. Apparently the most intelligent chimpanzees can reach over 80 IQ which basically puts them at a normal human's level, which is quite insane to think of.
Okay. My apologies for my bad memory regarding the specifics then.
Well, I was thinking that animals that use tools to a limited degree or solve certain tasks that require logical thinking, such as smart dogs or octopi might qualify for High Animalistic intelligence, whereas most insects would only qualify for Instinctive intelligence, if we get sufficient support for that rating.

Also, regarding Roblox and RPG Maker, if somebody want to check through Damage3245's recent wiki editing history to check if they need to add new verse categories (the names for the specific games basically, or "Game Title (Roblox)" if that is not sufficiently specific) to any of the character profiles pages that had the Roblox or RPG Maker categories removed, that would be very appreciated.

Also, regarding Roblox and RPG Maker, if somebody want to check through Damage3245's recent wiki editing history to check if they need to add new verse categories (the names for the specific games basically, or "Game Title (Roblox)" if that is not sufficiently specific) to any of the character profiles pages that had the Roblox or RPG Maker categories removed, that would be very appreciated.
It seems that the last reply by me has been deleted, but since I'm invited, I'll say something for the Roblox and RPG Maker matter. I have removed civilization profiles which contains "RPG Maker" since I feel that civilization profiles are similar to character profiles. Category:Roblox and Category:RPG Maker should only contain verse pages and verse categories.

17) The verses listed under "T" in the following page, simply due to having a "The" in the beginning, should preferably be alphabetically reorganised.
I don't understand exactly what you want here? Rearrange the verses alphabetically as if there were no "The" at the beginning? For example "The Chronicles of Narnia" would be in the "C" section but including the "The" and so on? Tho I think Ovens said he was going to do it if no one else did but I want to know anyway to do it if in such a case he could not.

Also I have already removed a lot of inactive users from different verses pages, tho I still have many more in the queue to remove.

I don't understand exactly what you want here? Rearrange the verses alphabetically as if there were no "The" at the beginning? For example "The Chronicles of Narnia" would be in the "C" section but including the "The" and so on?
Exactly correct.

Hmmm, it's a matter of taste, if I had to choose I'd leave it as it is currently, but hey, if Ovens doesn't do it then I'll do it later. Ty for the answer btw.

Well I was halfway doing it but then accidentally closed the browser before saving so it's gone. Plus I got covid the past few days so I was off the computer.

I'll do it as soon as I can.

Well I was halfway doing it but then accidentally closed the browser before saving so it's gone. Plus I got covid the past few days so I was off the computer.

I'll do it as soon as I can.
I see, I hope you get better soon, I also got Covid a week ago and I still need another week of rest until I can go out again.

Big thanks to everybody who are helping out here. It is very appreciated.

I also hope that Sir Ovens and Dereck03 will recover fully soon.

I am currently working on task 17, I will let you know when it is ready.

Thank you very much for helping out. You are awesome.

@Damage3245

Are you willing to update the list please?

Kay, I also doubt that I can help in any other task. I find 9, 11 and 20 "simple" but only Admins or Content Moderators can take care of those and the others are almost the same... By the way I am gradually taking care of 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back