• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles To-do list (Help greatly needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for the help. It is very appreciated.

Thank you very much for helping out. You are awesome.

@Damage3245

Are you willing to update the list please?
Done.

Regarding this:

18) Should we start a project at some point to add categories for verses depending in terms of appropiateness rating? For example, a category for verses with content appropiate for minors, a category for verses with content only suitable for adults, etc.

I really don't think that this is necessary from a category standing. The warning tag at the top of pages should be enough for warning people. Making a category for them won't help in that regard.

Thank you.

Point 18 is probably fine to strike through then.

So how are things progressing with our work here?

I do not think so, but would greatly appreciate help with draft texts for the intended lower intelligence categories:

Instinctive

Animalistic

High Animalistic

Shouldn't Task 1 be marked as completed since you have already created the thread? Or only until the categories have been verified and cleared?

I will mark it as being in progress, with a link to the revision thread in question.

I do not think so, but would greatly appreciate help with draft texts for the intended lower intelligence categories:

Instinctive

Animalistic

High Animalistic
So about this...

Doubt I can help. The definition I proposed above seems to overlap with some other definition and seems a bit extreme, not that I am very knowledgeable about animal intelligence.

Okay. No problem. What about the rest of you?

Shouldn't 9 and 11 merge into 1? 9 is basically a cleanup job that is already being worked here, and then move the content of the explanation pages to regular pages, and 11 is just moving the content of the explanation pages to regular pages which 9 already covers.

Point 1 does not cover the same type of work as 9 and 11, but I merged the latter two points together, as they were almost identical.

I meant to say in one single point, not in point 1. My bad.

Last edited:
Anyway, should we continue to work through the other points then? For example, I still think that adding "Instinctive" and "High Animalistic" intelligence section options would be useful.

Hmmm, let's see what tasks remain to be done.
6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals, and "Instinctive" to comparatively extremely mentally simple living creatures.
I gave a draft but it doesn't seem to suit, IIRC @Armorchompy gave another draft and you wanted more opinion about someone who knew more about animal intelligence, maybe call @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan again to see if he has something to contribute.
9) The following category, and any other officially used explanation blogs, needs to be cleaned up, so only legimately accepted explanation pages are included, and the contents of them are moved from blogs to regular wiki pages:
As I said previously this is already in progress with the exception of the part of moving the explanation blogs to regular pages, maybe someone is willing to create a special thread for that project in the news & announcement section so that the respective creators are willing to collaborate and if not, then just give the code to some suporter of X verse so that they creates the page. We could say that it is 50/50 in progress.
10) Should we insert a description for how to insert inter-wiki links into the Standard Format for Verse Pages page?
I don't have much opinion since I don't have many problems with the code, but if you think it could be a problem for other users then sure.
11) I would greatly appreciate if any members who genuinely have a deep understanding of our tiering system write themselves down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.
I think this one can be marked as in progress, since as time goes by more people will appear who demonstrate knowledge about the tiering system. It will practically always be in progress and will never be finished.
12) Should we update the standard code for character image gallery links in verse pages to the one used in the One Piece verse page, as it looks good for both light and dark mode, as well as explicitly mention that this is our preferred standard? We would also need to include instructions for linking to the associated most relevant wiki(s) for each respective verse near the top of the pages.
I don't think so, each verse has its own gallery style and I don't think it is good to restrict the use of the gallery to a single majority code. Yes, most verses use a similar style, but each has its own look and use of the gallery style.
13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.
I am gradually taking care of this one although I don't see anyone else doing it and it's a bit difficult due to the amount of users to check so I can't say it's in progress until I see more people helping
14) We preferably need an official rule text about always using calculations as a basis for statistics between tiers 9-A and 3-B, except for very self-evident cases of 5-B and upwards.
I'm not good at making rules or anything, but I've seen that this is a common problem so it may be necessary. Staff can discuss this.
15) Should we change our standards (and common editing mistakes page) so we begin to use considerably more proper punctuation?
I believe it can be marked as in progress. Since it is being treated here.
18) If anybody here knows people who are skilled in Japanese, can you please ask them if they are willing to sign up to this forum and help us out with our translations thread here?
I think it is the same as point 11, it will always be in progress as gradually there will be people who may be willing to give their help.
19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.
Not only verses, but characters, for example many Sailor Moon characters like this one and many others.
We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
I think this already received enough approving input that for verses would be treated as (Verse) and that spinoffs would simply have the full name of the spinoff along with (Verse).
20) We may need to rewrite the abstract existence definition.
I believe this was rejected, although from my point of view I do not see the need for a change.

That's all that still need to be discussed.

I hadn't seen it until just a few moments ago, I've already removed some of the ones on that list, I'll take a look at your list later, thanks. I have also removed many more that were not on the list.

Hmmm, let's see what tasks remain to be done.

6) I gave a draft but it doesn't seem to suit, IIRC @Armorchompy gave another draft and you wanted more opinion about someone who knew more about animal intelligence, maybe call @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan again to see if he has something to contribute.
@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @H3110l12345I20 @KLOL506 @Apex_Predator_GX

Your help would be appreciated here regarding my new suggested tiers for animal intelligence.
9) As I said previously this is already in progress with the exception of the part of moving the explanation blogs to regular pages, maybe someone is willing to create a special thread for that project in the news & announcement section so that the respective creators are willing to collaborate and if not, then just give the code to some suporter of X verse so that they creates the page. We could say that it is 50/50 in progress.
Yes, I would greatly appreciate if @Agnaa would be willing to create a staff forum thread for such a project, for example.
10) I don't have much opinion since I don't have many problems with the code, but if you think it could be a problem for other users then sure.
@Damage3245

Would you be willing to update this uinstruction page please?
11) I think this one can be marked as in progress, since as time goes by more people will appear who demonstrate knowledge about the tiering system. It will practically always be in progress and will never be finished.
Yes, agreed.
12) I don't think so, each verse has its own gallery style and I don't think it is good to restrict the use of the gallery to a single majority code. Yes, most verses use a similar style, but each has its own look and use of the gallery style.
Okay. Never mind then.

I do think that we should strictly use standard gallery formatting though, as customised complicated code makes it very difficult for others to modify the character image link sections afterwards.
13) I am gradually taking care of this one although I don't see anyone else doing it and it's a bit difficult due to the amount of users to check so I can't say it's in progress until I see more people helping
@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Mariogoods

I would greatly appreciate if you also help out with the wiki cleanup work in this regard.
14) I'm not good at making rules or anything, but I've seen that this is a common problem so it may be necessary. Staff can discuss this.
I would greatly appreciate if somebody could write a draft for such a rule text. Also, should we place it in our Editing Rules page, our Attack Potency page, or both in combination?
15) I believe it can be marked as in progress. Since it is being treated here.
Yes, agreed.
18) I think it is the same as point 11, it will always be in progress as gradually there will be people who may be willing to give their help.
I suppose so, but the lack of fluent and active translators is a bit of a problem for us.
19) Not only verses, but characters, for example many Sailor Moon characters like this one and many others.

I think this already received enough approving input that for verses would be treated as (Verse) and that spinoffs would simply have the full name of the spinoff along with (Verse).
Yes, agreed. We should preferably make an addition to our Editing Rules page about this?
20) I believe this was rejected, although from my point of view I do not see the need for a change.
Okay. Never mind then.
That's all that still need to be discussed.
Thank you very much for helping out.

Yes, I would greatly appreciate if @Agnaa would be willing to create a staff forum thread for such a project, for example.
I just wrote up a draft before finding this thread, does that not suffice?

If it doesn't, I can post the draft I have.

I don't think that's the same thing as making a thread for turning Explanation Blogs into actual Explanation Pages.

I gave a draft but it doesn't seem to suit, IIRC @Armorchompy gave another draft and you wanted more opinion about someone who knew more about animal intelligence, maybe call @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan again to see if he has something to contribute.
Your help would be appreciated here regarding my new suggested tiers for animal intelligence.
@Elizhaa @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

Are any of you willing to provide helpful input here regarding that please?

My apologies. I forgot about that I had already started a thread for this purpose. I have a lot of things to think about currently.

Please explain further.
You yourself said so in the OP of that thread:

"I would greatly appreciate if any of you would be willing to investigate which of the blog posts listed with the "Explanation Pages" category that were never officially accepted and are not currently in use/officially referred to, so it can be removed."

Basically, this is removing the "Explanation Pages" category from Explanation Blogs that were never accepted or were outright rejected. The thread doesn't tackle the task of converting already-accepted-in-CRTs Explanation Blogs into full-fledged Explanation Pages for easier edit access, and then fixing up their grammar structure and removing the casual first-person speak to make them appear more professional.

Good point. I have updated the first post of the thread in question accordingly.

6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals, and "Instinctive" to comparatively extremely mentally simple living creatures.
I agree with this proposal, there's some animals that are oversimplified in smarts, some that are smarter than simple animals but not smarter than human hunter-gatherers, & some that are mostly or completely comparable to human hunter-gatherers in intelligence.

I agree with this proposal, there's some animals that are oversimplified in smarts, some that are smarter than simple animals but not smarter than human hunter-gatherers, & some that are mostly or completely comparable to human hunter-gatherers in intelligence.
We should also account that animals have intelligence around the things they're adapted towards, & that what may be smart in the city may not be in the wilderness/ocean.

We do have human hunter-gatherers & I do have a source on their IQs. Though brains in the last 10s of 1000s of years were bigger compared to ours now.

There's other ways of quantifying animal intelligence like EQ (Encephalization quotient), brain to body ratio, & how gyrificatied their brains are besides feats.

Thank you for helping out. Concrete suggestions would be very appreciated.

So the op should update the following task.
9 In progress i think?
11 gradually in progress
13 In progress
15 In progress although practically finished.
20 Rejected
Also, should we place it in our Editing Rules page, our Attack Potency page, or both in combination?
Both seems fine. Practically all that is needed is a rule, a bit of approval and the task would be done.
Yes, agreed. We should preferably make an addition to our Editing Rules page about this?
Seems necessary so yeah. Practically all that is needed is a rule, a bit of approval and the task would be ready.
I do think that we should strictly use standard gallery formatting though, as customised complicated code makes it very difficult for others to modify the character image link sections afterwards.
I think you should discuss this with the Staff. Although the opinions I have seen have been against it, practically the same as mine, so further discussion is necessary.

I'm afraid I don't really have any expertise to offer in the realm of animal intelligence tiers. Spino may well be the best resource we have on that front aside from Ye Olde Google Searchbar.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan You, Real Life Downgrader. Assist us, aye?

So the op should update the following task.
9 In progress i think?
11 gradually in progress
13 In progress
15 In progress although practically finished.
20 Rejected
I have updated the first post of this thread accordingly.

However, I did not do so for article 11, as almost no knowledgeable members seem to have written down their usernames in our Knowledgeable Members List for wiki terms. We need to continue to pay attention to that.

Please explain further regarding how article 20 was rejected.
Both seems fine. Practically all that is needed is a rule, a bit of approval and the task would be done.
Would something simple like the following be sufficient, or do we need something more elaborate?

"Always use calculations as a basis for statistics between tiers 9-A and 3-B, except for very self-evident cases of tier 5-C and upwards."
Seems necessary so yeah. Practically all that is needed is a rule, a bit of approval and the task would be ready.
Yes, but I am not certain how to write it properly.

@Agnaa @Damage3245

Would one of you be willing to write a draft rule text based on article 19 and our following discussion about it please?
I think you should discuss this with the Staff. Although the opinions I have seen have been against it, practically the same as mine, so further discussion is necessary.
Well, I am strictly arguing for that we should use the <gallery> </gallery> code rather than anything much more complicated. Customising the standard gallery code depending on what works best for each verse is perfectly fine.

Well, I am strictly arguing for that we should use the <gallery> </gallery> code rather than anything much more complicated. Customising the standard gallery code depending on what works best for each verse is perfectly fine.
See here for an example of more complicated code:

Would one of you be willing to write a draft rule text based on article 19 and our following discussion about it please?
I could probably write it, if I knew what our agreed-upon standards were. The variety of topics in this thread has made any one conversation a bit hard to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back