• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voldemort vs The Omnidroid (The incredibles)

So I posted this fight in WWW in Reddit and it got an interesting and long discussion. I wanted to see what people here think!

Rules:

Fight takes place in the same city where the incredibles fought the Omnidroid.

Voldy has usual equipment like the Elder Wand.

I know Voldy can resurrect via horocruxes, but for this fight, we assume that if the Omnidroid "kills" him, it wins.

c1af5e6713623a8cee9fe7dcca9fd1c0.png

124-1240269.png

Voldemort
The Omnidroid

Horcruxes aren't combat applicable anyway.

Anyway, i don't think Avada Kedavra will work on a robot, and its durability is too high for Voldemort to be able to harm it anyway.

How can Voldemort even win here?

Avada Kedavra will definitely fail since the Omnidroid isn't alive, and he lacks the AP to damage him otherwise.

Meanwhile, Omnidroid can one shot Voldemort, and while it cannot kill him dye to Horocruxes, his regen with them is not combat applicable, as he needed like 13 years to come back after he was stopped the first time

Yeah, I'm wondering that, too?
Does Voldemort have any win condition here? If not, it's probably a stomp against Voldemort.

Perhaps it would be good to get some info about how the argument went on Reddit? Does Voldemort perhaps have access to some kind of heretofore-unconsidered spell that could take apart the Omnidroid's likely less nigh-indestructible innards?

It literally took him 13 years the first time he was defeated. He wasn't quite dead, but he was somewhere in between due to his horocruxes.
yeah, I just thought he somehow respawned faster in books cause I watched movies only.
Then despite planned downgrades for incredibles, omnidroid would still stomp.

Here. Basically the argument was "Omnidroid can´t hit Voldy" , "Can the Omnidroid resist being transmutated" etc etc.

Transmutation isn't in character and hasn't shown to work in anything that big to my knowledge. Also, Volde and the Droid are the same speed, so the droid keeps up just fine. If anything, Tom is in trouble thanks to his Subsonic speed only being in his reactions.

What about Voldemort's Telekinesis, Fire Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility & Forcefield Creation?

Also, would he know to try to attack the innards of the machine? After all, the outside's metal, but the inside is much fragile wires,

Fire isn't strong enough to hurt it, shields are too weak, Voldemort lacks the lifting strength to lift it, and teleportation only delays the inevitable.

Fire isn't strong enough to hurt it, shields are too weak, Voldemort lacks the lifting strength to lift it, and teleportation only delays the inevitable.
I thought heat resistance is to be its own thing?
Supposing he put up a forcefield & the shield was broken, would Voldemort survived? If so, he's gained info that it can one-shot him, & will know to be more cautious & less direct.
He doesn't need to lift the whole robot, he can just lift the vulnerable insides, though. If he knew to telekinetically yank the innards, he could win.
Teleport into the hollow machine, tear apart from the inside?
OR teleport &/or go invisible; There's plenty of places to hide in the big city, & if the Omnidroid can't see him AND he's teleported away, that at least buys Voldemort some time to hide, right?

The Omnidroid casually swam around inside a volcano so....

The force field wouldn't even slow down its blows with that AP difference. Also, that's assuming Voldemort even realizes there are fragile wires inside. He's not exactly up to speed on muggle tech, given that some wizards don't even know what a rubber duck is for.

The Omnidroid casually swam around inside a volcano so....

The force field wouldn't even slow down its blows with that AP difference.
Thank you for those answers.
Also, that's assuming Voldemort even realizes there are fragile wires inside. He's not exactly up to speed on muggle tech, given that some wizards don't even know what a rubber duck is for.
Also, is that the only comparison for how technologically behind the times Harry Potter wizards (Especially those like Voldemort.) are, that we have?

Because....

In 1933, a latex supplier created a line of affordable Disney character bath floaters, and Donald and Donna Duck became top sellers. Sculptor Peter Ganine is believed to have created the widely-accepted rubber duck design. The Russian artist patented the toy in 1949, selling more than 50 million ducks.

In 1843, Scottish inventor Alexander Bain invented a device that could be considered the first facsimile machine. He called his invention a "recording telegraph". Bain's telegraph was able to transmit images by electrical wires.

In the United Kingdom, wiring installations are regulated by the Institution of Engineering and Technology Requirements for Electrical Installations: IEE Wiring Regulations, BS 7671: 2008, which are harmonised with IEC 60364. The 17th edition (issued in January 2008) included new sections for microgeneration and solar photovoltaic systems. The first edition was published in 1882.

(Also, not AS relevant because wrong continent, but in the absence of better info, I assume a similar timeframe applies in the Harry Potter world's version of the United Kingdom: A Brief History of Home Electrical Wiring. Electrical service to American homes began in the late 1890s and blossomed from 1920 to 1935, by which time 70 percent of American homes were connected to the electrical utility grid.)

Frustratingly, I couldn't find much info on the first use of electrical wires in machinery; So much about its beginnings in HOUSING. My Google skills need more work. Still, it shows that electrical wires was around a long time.

Put in brief, the rubber duck (In fact, the PRECURSOR to what we modernly know as one.) predates electrical wires by NEARLY HALF A CENTURY.
Plus there's the aforementioned telegraph; As said, from 1843, yet made possible by wires.

& according to the Harry Potter Wiki.... Tom Marvolo Riddle (31 December 1926 – 2 May 1998).

Meaning Voldemort, although a wizard himself, would definitely have spent his formative years alive when electrical wires were becoming standard in the Muggle World, & rubber ducks are a bad comparison, due to coming half a century later, or around a whole century later, if we compare them to the renowned telegraph.

So in the absence of other evidence, I could believe Voldemort would know a machine has wires.

So I'm a bit concerned about saying wizards don't even know what rubber ducks are for as a comparison for their knowledge of the use of wires for electricity.

Last edited:
i mean, instantly pulverizing a magic defense tiara or swimming in a volcano...idk tbh. Btw what is the AP?

i mean, instantly pulverizing a magic defense tiara or swimming in a volcano...idk tbh. Btw what is the AP?
Tier: 9-B. High 8-C with regular spells, far higher with more powerful spells
Large Building level with regular spells (His power rivals Dumbledore, whose Firestorm is this strong, and he split the Brockdale Bridge in two. He's performed spells that not even Dumbledore would dare to cast, such as Fiendfyre, which is certainly stronger than Firestorm. Capable of creating lightning. Considered to be the most powerful Dark Wizard of all-time, making him superior to Gellert Grindelwald. Created a shockwave that damaged the Atrium in his fight against Dumbledore), far higher with more powerful spells (Destroyed Hogwarts' forcefield with a wand that rejected him and after having most of his Horcruxes destroyed, though the effort exhausted him). Several of his spells ignore conventional durability.
Tier: 7-C | At least 7-C | At least 7-C
Attack Potency:
Town level (Superior to all previous Omnidroid designs, including v.4, which was able to kill Hypershock, a superhero strong enough to generate magnitude 6 earthquakes. Strong enough to damage itself. Was overpowering Mr. Incredible, who had to resort to more strategic means in order to beat it) | At least Town level (Superior to the v.8, and was capable of completely overwhelming Mr. Incredible) | At least Town level (Superior to the v.9, and was able to overpower all of the Incredibles as well as Frozone, simultaneously)
Also don't mages have technology impairing barriers?
Do they?

The presence of magic in large quantities disables technology but i don't think voldemort alone is enough to cause that since IIRC harry and co. could hang out and fight multiple death eaters at once in a muggle cafe without the power shutting down, and dumbledore can walk around and chill in privet drive without messing up anything inside

I mean Voldemort is not your average death eater as he shattered a magic barrier which was cast by tons of spell from some of the most powerful mages of that time.
Also harry getting angry at his aunt made the lights flicker so...

Anyways if this doesn't work out then stomp, no questions asked.

Also don't mages have technology impairing barriers?
I mean Voldemort is not your average death eater as he shattered a magic barrier which was cast by tons of spell from some of the most powerful mages of that time.
Also harry getting angry at his aunt made the lights flicker so...
....So what happens when Voldemort hits it with a spell? Magic disrupts technology, & sure, it's usually, presumably more concentrated in the wizard's body, but in those cases, the wizard's body, & thus, their uncast magic, is not in contact with the technology, right?
So, if & when a spell hits it, does it have the robotic equivalent of a freak out, flailing its limbs? Would its circuits short &/or flicker?

it could but technically it would most likely stop functioning. The bugs or whatever you call em (small mechanic objects that are planted to hear someone) cannot physically function within hogwarts walls and only magical technology can.

it could but technically it would most likely stop functioning. The bugs or whatever you call em (small mechanic objects that are planted to hear someone) cannot physically function within hogwarts walls and only magical technology can.
So, do you mean to say Voldemort hits the Omnidroid with ANY spell & it stops functioning entirely & immediately?

No tbh i aint sure myself i just know he could see the machine and use a spell that cancels out technology

Iirc, the shell of the Omnidroid is over a meter thick of solid steel or something so I dunno about magic being able to affect any of the tech inside.

Back