• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Some have brought forward the idea of merging the two pages, however I mostly disagree with this.

EE is not the only application of Void Manip. Oftentimes in fiction nothingness is treated as a sort of element, that can be pardoxcially interacted with by user like a physical substance. Therefore the page should have more bullet points under Applications, similarly to how Time Manipulation has Time Stop as a sub-power.

Also, we may need to specify types of voids we can encounter in fiction.

This is only a revision to the Void Page, most characters who have it have stuff like this.

• Void Creation/Manipulation: The User is able to create and manipulate nothingness as if it was a physical substance, and can sometimes use it to form offensive techniques, such as creating voids where their targets are standing, or using projectiles that are made of nothing. In some cases, this may allow the character to interact with non-existent characters, as well as resist the effects of existence erasure voids typically impose.
  • Conversion to nothingness/existence erasure: The user of this ability might be capable of turning targets to nothing. This can range from only turning the matter of the target to nothing to also turning things like its energy, mind, soul, space, time and/or concept to nothing. Note that most users of this ability have not the full range of the ability. Further note that one shouldn't list a character to have resistance/immunity against this ability in total, as that requires a character to have shown resistance against every imaginable ability which can erase a target.

Why is this Vs Thread board and not Content Revision or Staff Discussion? I agree with Ant though.

If somebody wants to merge EE into VM, we could just place an automatic redirect in the former page.

I am not sure. Causing somebody or something to cease to exist seems like a form of void manipulation in any case.

I personally disagree, as there are ways to EE that do not require interaction with voids.

Okay. Perhaps it is unnecessary to merge them then.

I'm pretty sure things such as Space-Time manipulation could also cause Existence Erasure. Like one if someone has the ability to erase a character from the pages of history. Like, not just destroy their, body, soul, mind, essence, and memories. Some could argue that combining 100% Matter destruction with soul, mind, and memory destruction altogether could also be existence erasure.

Yeah, I specified in the OP merging them would be a bad idea.

I'm proposing expanding the Void Manip page so that it covers stuff other than just Void-Based EE.

Back