• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Visions of V: New tiering for the edgy lad.

Griffon, as a Mundus General, should be stronger than the likes of Credo and Agnus, who stronger than Echidna, when Mundus killed him, he said that he was "no longer worthy", basically, Griffon's strength makes him worthy to be a Mundus General, while demons like Echidna are nothing

And he can cover Mallet Island in Thunderstorms, that's why he, DMC1 Dante and Trish are 7-B

Cavaliere Angelo is 7-B because he scales to Trish

Trish also was confident in fighting The Savior

Wait, I think you guys are talking about...DMC5 Griffon

Please, forgive me

DMC5 Griffon scales to Cavaliere Angelo, who scales to Trish, who scales to DMC1 Dante, who scales to the original Griffon

Trish also possibly scales to Savior

But honestly ? I don't agree with this, DMC5 Griffon should be weaker, I remember we had a 7-C calc from Golliath, and we see Panthom killing him, so I believe Panthom should be 7-C. Griffon should be At least 8-C, scalling from natural lightning, Nightmare I don't know

DMC5 Familiars are Shadow Version of the DMC Bosses who were 7-B from Griffon, Cavaliere Angelo was formed from Trish and based from Nero Angelo so he's 100% 7-B and V familiars were able to fight him if i recall, later they fought and died to a very casual Dante.

I think V familiars are all 7-B during the game, but in here in V first meeting with Griffon before finding the other remaining familiars despite the small timegap to V game story are weaker since they struggled to Empusa and got stronger shortly after so 8-C might be fine.

Dante Demon Killah said:
But honestly ? I don't agree with this, DMC5 Griffon should be weaker, I remember we had a 7-C calc from Golliath, and we see Panthom killing him, so I believe Panthom should be 7-C. Griffon should be At least 8-C, scalling from natural lightning, Nightmare I don't know
I was the one who calced the feat, and I ****** up the math real bad lmao. The actual result is 9-A.

Ahem.

So, after some thought, I don't think this feat scales V to 7-B. However, I do have some more points that may, just may, push him into at least 8-C regardless.

Firstly, assuming Griffon was using normal lightning here (which he likely wasn't, but still), that would put an amped Empusa's durability at around 8-C, though I would say that this is contentious. I also agree with Dark's assement that this Griffon, who was running out of demonic power, would be weaker than in-game Griffon, possibly even below normal lightning levels. And before you say that it doesn't make sense that a fodder could be almost as strong as DMC3 Dante, well...

DMC3 Dante is 8-B purely because he lacks any feats. The one feat we scale him to is not only done by a demon he canonically fodderized, but that same demon also performed that feat extremely casually, literally by forcefully breathing in a direction.

So, why do I believe that V is at least 8-C? Simple. His cane has now been established to be a normal cane. There's nothing special about it, aside from some materials from the demon world being mixed in, which according to an actual Demon, happens quite often. Not only does V kill an uncalced demon (Niddhog), but he also slays a demon that can be scaled to Cerberus (Elder Geryon), and demons that can possibly be scaled to a Blitz (The Fodder Angelos, Behemoth, Nobodies, etc. essentially all of the higher tier demons in DMC5)

The reason why V is so fragile can likely be explained away by him lacking any form of regen, and his own poor stamina. Both of these combined would make him an easy target of the battlefield, especially with the nearly limitless stamina of normal demons.

While it could be argued that the demons are weakened, therefore vulnerable, I don't think that means their durability would drop by well over one thousand times into 9-C. It's simply nonsensical to claim that, somehow, something's durability could go down by that much just because it is winded and tired.

I believe that V's demons are merely making an opening for V to finish the fight without being put at risk. Since he lacks any form of regen, a single hit by someone of equal standing would mean eventual death, especially because of his low stamina.

Granted, all of our scaling should wait until the Phantom fight on July 6th,

-Proposed Changes:

1. V is changed to be "At least 8-C, possibly/likely 8-B or higher" due to killing multiple demons that should have equal or higher durability to both the Empusa, which took several lightning bolts, and the Blitz, which should scale to the higher tier demons in DMC5. The "possibly/likely 8-B" comes from his feat of killing Elder Geryon and Niddhog. All of this is done with a normal cane, not an enhanced one. The only time he enhances his cane is during a taunt, which should be counted as non-canon.

2. V's tier should have the "Higher with his cane removed", as his cane is confirmed to be normal.

3. This isn't relevant to V, but Nero should get a DMC5 BoG key. It should be "At least 7-B, likely higher, higher with certain Devil Breakers" as his strength is enhanced by multiple different Devil Breakers, like the Buster Arm.

Also, V's speed should be changed to MHS+ because not only can keep pace with Elder Geryon and Cavaliere Angelo's lightning, but he can also successfully dodge and avoid both while time is slowed to a crawl.

I will say it again, wait for the phantom battle to upgade his ass to 7-B, is that too much to ask?

The Nero thing:

He should, in fact, be weaker than his DMC4 self since he now lacks the Devil Bringer which, if you remember correctly, absorbed a lot of things during the game to become stronger and in those things he had Yamato.

The use of the Devil Breakers could maybe push him close to his peak before he lost the arm, not make him stronger than before.

Not that surprising, really. One's a normal, if well-trained, human. The other is a fragment of Vergil, and carries with him Vergil's time as Nelo Angelo.

Also, for the Nero thing:

DMC5 BoG Nero, at least during cutscenes, doesn't seem that weakened by the loss of his Devil Bringer. He acts mostly the same as his DMC4 self, barring his attitude being more aggressive. He's also able to defeat demons like Malphas with relative ease, who should at least be even to Mundus's generals (especially considering it's implied Malphas was one).

So overall, his power hasn't dropped a significant amount. If it had, Malphas, Goliath, and Artemis would have been challenging battles for him. But he humiliated Goliath, danced around Artemis, and had Malphas terrified of his power. Hell, she even states "How do you have such power left?" implying he wasn't far behind where he was in DMC4.

A Pre-EoG Nero is fine, about V he's going to fight Phantom soon so he's going to be upgraded.

New Visions of V chapter came out this morning.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100438674

So seems as tho Shadow was the one that pretty much screwed Phantom, while V came in for the drop on the last blow by destroying Phantoms core, which Griffon explains as the...well core that makes their being up as formless nightmares tho this is more or less common knowledge at this point I would take.

Edit: Derped out. A lot of names to think back on. Give me a sec xD

Edit 2: There lol.

Pre-EoG Nero was settled, Shadow and very likely Nightmare def. scales due to the chapter, so we've got only V and Griffon.

Aye. I'm guessing Phantom here is the same one shown in DMC1, yes?

Also next chapter will be in another 2 weeks. Should get something new for V and/or Griffon, or possibly Nightmare showing up finally.

There are many Phantoms, one showed up in 1, another in 2 and another one in the Anime but they were all equal.

There's no reason to suspect this Phantom is too different from the Phantom in DMC1 and DMC2.

So some things to get from this chapter:

1. V is able of killing Phantom's core, and was able to avoid his attacks. While I wouldn't say its 7-B tier just yet, I'm gonna safely say that he will get more feats that should put him at that level. Especially since this manga seems to have him fight Nightmare later.

2. Shadow is strong enough to one-shot Phantom once he got V's support. Damn. Should probably rescale Shadow under V to "At least 7-B, possibly higher" because of that. Nightmare should get that same

3. V is easily MHS+ due to dodging and avoiding Phantom's attacks, compiled onto him avoiding Cavaliere's attacks, and avoiding Nidhogg, all of which should be at least roughly comparable.

KnightOfSunlight said:
There's no reason to suspect this Phantom is too different from the Phantom in DMC1 and DMC2.

So some things to get from this chapter:

1. V is able of killing Phantom's core, and was able to avoid his attacks. While I wouldn't say its 7-B tier just yet, I'm gonna safely say that he will get more feats that should put him at that level. Especially since this manga seems to have him fight Nightmare later.

2. Shadow is strong enough to one-shot Phantom once he got V's support. Damn. Should probably rescale Shadow under V to "At least 7-B, possibly higher" because of that. Nightmare should get that same

3. V is easily MHS+ due to dodging and avoiding Phantom's attacks, compiled onto him avoiding Cavaliere's attacks, and avoiding Nidhogg, all of which should be at least roughly comparable.
1 - Agree

2 - Nope, because literally every 7-B DMC character is near Baseline (6 mt), with the exception of DMC1 Griffon, DMC1 Dante and Trish, who are 9 mt scalling from Strong instability thunderstorms. Only people who are MUuUUuuUuUUuuUUUuUUUuUuUuucH stronger than normal 7-Bs get "at least", which is the case of The Savior and Post DT DMC4 Nero, they don't even have "Likely/Possibly Higher" thanks to their distance to 7-A (which is 100 mt)

3 - Agree

At least doesn't mean one is stronger, it means that the upper limits of said character are unknown and could be higher than what is presented.

I'm not sure if nero even deserves an "at least".

I still think Griffon should scale to the 19 megatons.

As for V, pretty sure he should be 7-B now.

Then shouldn't Dante get an "At least" for his DMC1 incarnation since he barely struggles against Phantom and Griffon? The only of Mundus' Generals he actually struggled against was Nelo Angelo. Although I don't remember if he did against Nightmare.

I'm not sure if nero even deserves an "at least".

Well, he fought Sanctius while that guy had the complete Sparda Sword, sounds "at least 7-B" for me, honestly

Then shouldn't Dante get an "At least" for his DMC1 incarnation since he barely struggles against Phantom and Griffon? The only of Mundus' Generals he actually struggled against was Nelo Angelo. Although I don't remember if he did against Nightmare.

I agree with you in this, DMC1 Dante only really had a hard time against Nelo Angelo, the other ones only managed to fight him three times because they were running away

However, they don't scale to 19 Megatons, since this end is for literally the worst storm in history and even lower ends are for tornados

Trish also had the complete DSS, doesn't mean she is so superior to the rest of the 7-B guys to even deserve an at least.

Even during the fight Sanctus notes how he isn't gaining any power from the sword.

Which one is the worst storm in history again? Because IIRC Griffon covers the whole island in a storm and the only place that acts as some sort of eye of the storm is the colosseum.

You are the one sayin the storm isn't comparable to "the worst storm in history" so I thought you should know.

But yes, Imma ask DMUA when I have time.

It's because we don't have actually a full vision of Griffon's storm, it's possible that is covering only the Island, or maybe the entire Milky Way, who knows

The 7-B comes from a mix of stom calcs + Griffon, as a being "worthy" of being a Mundus General, easily scaling above Echidna and demons on her level, who already are 7-B, and by the visuals, we can say that it is at least a storm with Strong Instabilty, which leads us to 9 Megatons

Back