• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Visage Madness Manipulation Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
For these two I'd given them Type 3 thinking the player went crazy simply be being near them, but the only time one actually ever sees their faces is when they're right up on them and about to kill them.

Additionally, the following blurbs make me inclined to believe they should have Type 2 instead.

Visage madness
"Standing too long in the dark will decrease your character's sanity, amongst varying other elements."

Visage madness 2
"Paranormal events occur randomly throughout the game. Learn to identify these paranormal events, as they hinder your progress and decrease your sanity greatly. Your character's sanity also affects the number of paranormal event occurrences"

So the way I understand it, you go insane the more illusions and other shenanigans of The Entity's you experience. Does this all check out?

Neutral. A lot of the paranormal events include seeing them IIRC so it could be either. I'm fine with changing it to Type 2.

ehh probably not. It isn't two separate things and the game just sort of treats it as "stuff is generally wrong here and will cause you to go insane". I guess based on that I'd prefer the definition of Type 2 to Type 3.

Should probably get like... one staff member outside of myself, at least. I don't think it matters a whole lot but you know, tradition and whatnot.

Did you contact anyone? I know Andy also watches Jack (or was it Mark, **** my life) so probably would have seen this.

I'll just ask this, you sure this is an ability of the character and not an exaggerated depiction of someone experiencing horrifying shit and going crazy? The two scans alone don't give me that clarification

Although assuming this is an ability, I guess type 2 would work

I also got that from it, that stuff just made the guy go insane, but I'm cool with this being a relatively gimped version of Type 2.

Well whenever you see illusions or even Lucy herself it causes the character's sanity to decrease drastically quicker.

Not to mention, the one making all the horrifying shit happen is the Entity.

True, but it seems that most of the horrifying shit is just "this is unsettling" and causes sanity to slowly drain from an albeit already unstable dude. The illusions and Lucy and all that can certainly have it I think. Like I'm for the ability being there.

And the one making the illusions is the Entity. And Type 2 is defined as

"Users of this type rely upon directly interacting with the minds of their victims, utilizing various forms of mental attacks to drive them insane."

Wouldn't illusions and perception shenanigans count as mental attacks?

Well I'm not really sure

If someone twisted their head 180 degree causing a person terror, that wouldn't really be justification for fear manipulation. For that same reason I don't think being responsible for events that ultimately cause craziness should be proof of madness manipulation. But I don't know the context so I am just disagreeing with this point, not madness manipulation in general

Well, I am currently suspicious of the ability being there in general given what I have been told. Not hell bent on removing it or anything, I just don't agree the evidence I've seen is fit for madness manipulation

I'm inclined to believe that The Entity isn't the one causing the madness manip and it's just a side effect of going through all these paranormal phenomena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back