• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Since the old thread is so long, this one will now take its place.

This thread is created for the purpose of removing outdated or stomp versus threads from profiles that are administrator-protected.

Same rules as before.

• Kindly post links to the threads, along with the characters involved in the thread.
  • Provide reasons as to why you think it is a stomp match or if it doesn't follow our Versus Thread Rules.
  • Do not request a versus thread to be removed just because it's under your favorite character/verse profile.
  • Keep in mind that just because a match is decisive, or even has a unanimous vote, does not automatically make it stomp.
  • Remain patient regarding responses. Do not disturb other members with requests to look into this thread.
  • Do not derail the thread with off-topic posts. Persistent derailing, will likely result in a warning or perhaps even a block, depending upon the severity of the derailment.
  • Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.
The following on their own do not automatically mean a match is a stomp.

• Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp.
  • Having a small array of hax isn't a stomp.
  • Having one hax to the opponent's none, or one hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp.
NOTE TO ALL STAFF: Please read through as much of a thread as you can before removing it. This will lessen the amount of people attempting to abuse this thread simply to remove losses from their favorite characters.

BruceTheBatman said:
Becuz I said "1st" and Crop said "2nd". Apparently it's not allowed.

... Seriously, I understand no derailment but this site is too serious sometimes. Plus it totally sucks more matches are being removed than added :/
There is literally a button.

Next to the thumbs up option.

At the top of the page.

That says "Follow". You do not need to post useless comments to follow a thread, especially since this thread was created with the reasoning that the other was getting too crowded.

I also want to look over matches more thoroughly before they are removed.

on topic, Goku vs Sailor Mecrury - Incorrect verdict. Goku vs Sailor Neptune was removed for being a speedstomp in Neptune's favor and Mercury is comparable so it should've be the same case here. On top of that Mercury seems to have several haxes such as intangiblity, soul attacks, and the powers of the other Senshi (which includes reality warping, existence erasure, etc.) that were completely ignored.

Mercury isn't in the same league as Usagi. I'm pretty sure she can still be hurt by regular attacks from beings of Goku's level.

I also noticed that Imperator, who is far better versed in SM than I am (haven't read through the manga in years), also seemed to think Goku could take the slight majority for the win.

I believe Crop is saying that either Goku stomps via absurd power advantage, or the battle was incorrect, because Mercury has a speed and hax advantage. Goku just blitzed and oneshot Sphinx. Don't know about Natsu's battle. No input on this one though. I don't really care if this gets removed or not.

This is the wrong place to hold a long discussion.

Anyway, have the wiki navigation bar and front page links been updated to this new thread?

^That's what i told them....and people never listen. -_-

And it is now...for the navigation bar, i mean.

Okay. Thanks. I will adjust the front page link.

So you think that he will speed blitz him? Even more reason to take off the victory then.

It wasn't a speed stomp. Goku was up against a haxed character and he had the advantage in speed. It looked like a balanced fight.

So if it isn't a speed stomp... how doesn't Sphinx be able to use his Balance of Curse since it's nigh instant and paralyzes the target?

Besides, Goku seems to be FTL+ while Sphinx is FTL.

@Tivanenk: Ask your question in regards to Sphinx vs Goku in Matthew Schroeder's wall.

Also, keep in mind that being a decisive match does not make it a stomp. Goku is rated at 4-C during the Frieza saga as a Super Saiyan, which matches Sphinx Pharaoh's AP.

That said, I do think that the battle between Sphinx and Goku should've have had two options. Speed equalized and unqualized.

Lina Shields said:
@Tivanenk: Ask your question in regards to Sphinx vs Goku in Matthew Schroeder's wall.
Also, keep in mind that being a decisive match does not make it a stomp. Goku is rated at 4-C during the Frieza saga as a Super Saiyan, which matches Sphinx Pharaoh's AP.

That said, I do think that the battle between Sphinx and Goku should've have had two options. Speed equalized and unqualized.
Well, the match is set up in Goku's favor anyways. It takes the one with higher stats (star+ and FTL+) and then is also made bloodlusted so he doesn't dick around as well.

Speed equalized would have been quite an easy win for Pharaoh.

Speed equalized would've made that match a stomp. Sphinx has hax, goku has no hax. And he only had the advantage in speed and ap. And they were both bloodlusted.

Uh, bloodlusted is an advantage for Goku, not Pharaoh. Pharaoh doesn't dick around. If Goku wasn't bloodlusted, he would've lost most likely.

@Hybrid: I agree that the matchup should be removed, now that Sora got a massive upgrade in tiering and speed.

Removing now.

Edit: Done.

KillitwithC4 said:
Arceus vs Solaris, Solaris was badly outhaxed for this match.
Guts vs Saber, an unfair AP and durability advantage in Saber's favor.

Mace Windu vs Reimu, same reason as Guts vs Saber.
Solaris was not outhaxed enough for this to be considered a complete stomp. A decisive victory, but not a complete stomp.

While Saber beat Guts, it was not considered to be a stomp due to Guts' speed and abilities. In fact, it seems the final tally was very, very close.

The purpose of this thread is to remove complete and utter stomps, not threads that one side wins handily while still having a chance to lose.

I have no input on Windu vs Reimu, so I'll leave that to others.

Solaris only had reality warping and time manipulation. Arceus has that and whole bunch of other abilities to use. And the whole timeline erasure ability won't work against someone that exists before the concept of time was created.

KillitwithC4 said:
Solaris only had reality warping and time manipulation. Arceus has that and whole bunch of other abilities to use. And the whole timeline erasure ability won't work against someone that exists before the concept of time was created.
More hax does not always mean the hax are effective. Arceus having more varied hax does not mean they automatically counter everything Solaris can do.

Solaris cannot erase Arceus, obviously, as that would be a stomp in the other direction. It does not mean he cannot harm Arceus in any way.

They can. OHK, precognition, healing, Matter manipulation, attack negation, resistant to hax, force fields that are resistant to mind manipulation, summoning the creation trio, stat increase, are just some of arceus's abilities. Solaris has never been resistant to those things. It's like saying mammoth mogul vs Arceus isn't a stomp even though mogul only has reality warping while arceus has over a dozen abilities that mogul doesn't have.

Precog doesn't matter if the two are fighting outside of time.

Matter Manipulation would not affect either side, for this battle.

Solaris doesn't use mind manipulation, so resistance to it isn't important, here.

The Creation Trio obviously can't be summoned, in this fight.

More hax =/= better hax, or hax that are useful in the current situation.

Arceus also having better hax does not mean it's a stomp. If he's not one-shotting Solaris, or winning without Solaris having any chance of dealing any damage, it's far from a stomp.

If you read the first post, the author himself clearly voted for Jenny and said how Goku isn't on her level, so yeah, it's a spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back