• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Franks Page. It needs some removed fights.

1. Frank vs Springtrap

Frank's gone through plenty of upgrades, including power/durability ones. He already started almost 6 times stronger, with better basically everything. And recently scaled to a 1,000,000 Joules feat. So should be removed due to stomp.

2. Jimmy vs Frank

This should be removed or redone at the very least. Jimmy scales to 5.820e6 Joules (5,820,000 Joules). And Frank at the time only had 602,000 Joules. Making him way beyond getting one shot limit. And even currently Is almost 6 times weaker. As well. Jimmy had range and Frank didn't.

3. Chris Redfield vs Frank Resident Evil cast recently got backwards scaling to Wall+ making this a major stomp.

4. Chris Walker vs Frank West. Chris gets stomped now. The only feats he scales to on his page is Knocking down a metal door and Skull Crushing. Knocking down a metal door doesn't have a proper calc (the one linked is smashing the door which is vastly different), and skull crushing is within the low 100,000. Meaning Frank physically stomps due to 1,000,000 Joules scaling. Plus Chris has no range. And frank had his arsenal which makes his range several outclass, So physically and range outclassed.

If he wants to remake the thread then he is free to but reopening a concluded thread just because the op didnt like who won is a big no no

Stop lying on the OP, he only excluded Cal's votes and he gave reasons for it. You would have to be blind to see not see why the OP chose not to count Cal's vote.

Because apparently litteraly nobody tried countering the reasonings on the opposite side and that one comment was literally debunked as a whole

I saw nothing wrong with Cal's vote for Gildedguy and I disagree with the match being removed. The only reason for it being removed it "they didn't answer our arguments!" which really only means "we think our arguments are better than theres!"

Mind you, it's not a wrong stance- that's what a debate is about. But you can't discredit votes because they disagree with you.

Gyro's vote is another matter, but to simply say "Well Cal's vote doesn't count" is flat-out wrong.

Overlord775 said:
Because apparently litteraly nobody tried countering the reasonings on the opposite side and that one comment was literally debunked as a whole
Everybody gave counterarguments to them and multiple people gave examples that were just flat out ignored

I watched the thread, and I'm more knowledgeable on OPM than RHG, but in the end, both sides has their points and to discredit or ignore either of them would be unfair.

If the thread is going to be removed, the debate should be over Gyro's vote after grace, not the OP unfairly ignoring Cal.

@Moritzva

What are you even talking about?

How does "they didn't answer our arguments!" translate to "we think our arguments are better than theres!"?

Asking how does Guilded Guy get past Garou's abilities or skill or whatever and not getting a respond doesn't mean we think our argument is better, literally they didn't have an counter argument here. If you can only throw out arguments and not answers questions pertaining to them while the opposition debunks your arguments then that's your fault here and your vote shouldn't be counted.

Because your arguments were answered. They simply were not enough to change your minds. That's how a debate works. It doesn't mean they weren't answered; it just means you found your answers better than Gil's answers. Nothing is wrong with that.

Gildedguy has a multitude of ways to "get past Garou's abilities", and to an extent, vice versa. I doubt that this is the place to debate specifics in detail, though.

@Moritzva

There's answering an argument but I can attack the answer to see if it holds up which is what I did. None of the points on GG's voting side held up unless you count dropping a debate mid discussion as "holding up". I am even willing to have a discussion with you to prove each "answer" is provable false by just linking to the responses to so called "answer".

I am willing to prove that GG has no multitude of ways to get past Garou's abilities on a seperate thread as well

Since it's going to be a large point of contention until someone says it-

-Gildedguy has plenty of skill of his own, defeating several renowned warriors, and even Bog. So he's not getting rolfskillstomped.
-Gildedguy has the AP advantage by a fair amoubt. Admittedly, I am not sure by how much, since the first bit of the debate made it a bit confusing.
-Garou has, in theory, more abilities- but far less of them matter, as things such as Attack Reflection are a bit less useful here.
-Garou's Reactive gets parried by Gil's Reactive. Since Gil starts ahead of Garou, that means he'll maintain the AP advantage the entire fight.
-Gil has a sword, which is a massive advantage in CQC as it gives him more range and better slashing damage. I can not stress this enough, simply having a better weapon is an insurmountable boon in melee combat.
...and that's a very quick overview of reasons Gil could win with.

1. Most on GG's side conceded that they have comparable skill, not counting techniques and Garou has far more actual feats meanwhile in the thread the votes for GG relied on reasonings that were factually incorrect such as GG one shotting Bog, GG beating Jade, GG beating Bog etc.

2. The most if not all votes relied on the false pretense that GG has a 3x AP advantage when infact he only has 1.5x AP advantage, not counting Garou's scaling. They also ignore Garou's attack reflection that works on opponents who one shot, analytical prediction and Garou's familarity with blade attacks and long ranged attacks.

3. While GG only has inferior reactive power level and a minor range advantage with his sword verses Garou's techniques, analytical prediction and as you said attack reflection .

4. No, already conceded that GG's reactive power level is far weaker than Garou's evolution.

5. Garou is already familiar with weapons such as Guilded Guy's and faced opponents with blades and large ranged and aoe attacks before in a much weaker state.

All of this was already debunked in the other thread

1. GG did in fact oneshot Bog and he did in fact beat Jade, that is not factually incorrect in any way.

2. Since when was the gap only 1.5x? Garou is near baseline. Thus far no one ever posted any scans of Garou reflecting an attack that can oneshot him. Gildedguy is extremely familiar with fighting master martial artists as well so Garou doesnt have an advantage over him in that regard.

4. The only reaosning that was given was that Garou can become High 6-A which has no bearing on that thread.

5. Gildedguy is already familiar with people who have fighting styles and techniques like Garou's

1. I, too, admit to comparable skill. And I don't know about everyone, but I didn't vote based on one-shots. I voted partially due to the aforementioned reasoning.

2. If I recall, it's somewhere between 1.5x-3x? I voted on a x2 assumption as a bit of a middle ground, but my vote probably wouldn't change if it was a 'lil bit less.

3. That minor range advantage means everything. If your opponent has equal skill and a sword to outrange and outfight you, preventing you from getting close with powerful strikes and spacing, well, you lose.

4. I really don't see them as too glaringly different? Both amp to beat the crap out of foes they had a lot of issues with before. And with 7-A forms used, absolute worst case scenario is that they both adapt to the top of 7-A or something. In which, Gil's range and armor will give him a leg up.

5. Familiar with it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. An archer can be trained against spearmen in close quarters all their life- it doesn't stop it from being a horrendous matchup. As well, a lot of the people Garou fought were a helluva lot lower in skill and strength than Gildedguy.

So... no. Not debunked. You just disagree, like I said.

@WeeklyBattles

1. Free to expand on the Bog point. Go ahead and explain how he "beat" Jade.

2. Garou is >>>>>>>>>>>> Gouketsu who is 260 mt brought up in the other thread. Tell how GG is gonna deal with analytical prediction, superior evolution, and attack reflection.

4. And this form of Garou hits the peak of 7-A and caps not hitting high 6-A plus his speed increases along with it.

5. Sure, point to me which one of he beat fairly and that have analytical prediction, attack reflection and evolution.

Now, back to the actual point of contention: Gyro's vote. Is Gyro the only vote that took it out of a 3 point lead? Because if so, that is what this debate is about.

By the way, we're counting Cal's vote. His vote is no less valid than the votes for Garou.

2. Analytical prediction on people less skilled. Gil will be fine. Their evolution is comparable. Attack Reflection versus a sword sounds funny, but even if it does work, Gil's armor prevents slashing from hurting him too much.

Now, can we get back to the votes?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, Gyro voted after the grace period had ended
Now, technically this means the match should be added, but I'd be a hypocrite to not give a little leeway on after-grace voting.

@Moritza

1. That's fine but those votes are wrong on this portion then.

2. 1.5x because it's 1.5. Garou is massively superior to 260 mt.

3. Equal skill doesn't mean equal technique and combat experince and abilites. Garou never let's his opponent just smack him around. Garou dealt with multiple opponents with large range and massive aoe attacks that are far superior to Gilded Guy's range and he's deflected blade attacks before. Besides Gilding Guy rarely uses his range advantage.

4. That's was our entire point, Garou in this form literally went from 7-A to high 6-A from clashing with an opponent who was 7-A for a couple of second. Garou would literally be peak 7-A if one or 2 attacks land onto him or if the battle last a couple secongs.

5. What is considered an horrendous match up for Garou? because it's certainly not a expanding blade if he's face far worse before. Point out where Gilded Guy face an opponent such as Garou or enemies with similiar attacks and techniques.

If someone can't answer a simple question from the opposition then they can be considered debunked on that point.

...Right, I think the point isn't clear yet. The point is, this debate will go back and forth forever. I provide a counterclaim, you believe your claim is better. And I'm not going to spam the Removal thread with circular debating.

So, can we move onto what actually matters and debate the votes?

So with a weapon like a sword at this level of power vs someone without it can be pretty good to just shaved body parts off. Instinctive Reaction helps with attack reflections from Garou and GG still having a decent AP advantage, I do think GG would still win that fight.

The aren't light years away from each other in terms of skills so that's another thing.

Well, there we go. Even if we could Gyro's vote, it's still 3 votes in favor of Gildedguy.

I'm going to add the battle back later today, unless someone has a compelling argument about the vote counts before then.

I honestly can't understand how would someone come to that conclusion when literally everything is in Garou's favour besides range and a slight ap advantage.

Dienomite22 said:
I honestly can't understand how would someone come to that conclusion when literally everything is in Garou's favour besides range and a slight ap advantage.
Vice versa. It doesn't matter. The votes are in- Cal's vote doubtlessly counts, and if we count Gyro, then naturally Greyfang is fair game, too. It's a close battle, but I'm putting it back up.

Ok so, people fight around the same AP with one having an advantage.

Then the stronger one gets a sword... you see the problem here? It takes one mistake (while GG moves on his own without needing to focus) and an arm or leg is gone. That's a big deal here.

So you really did end up reverting these edits once again Weekly

I'll say this one last time, the final deciding vote was explicitly not counted, and even if you disagree with that, you do not get to just completely ignore it, decide on your own that the vote is counted and then just close the thead as if there's nothing to discuss.

Your argument of bias doesn't make sense either, an OP does have to leave out votes when they are incorrect and he had a reason to consider the last vote as such because of the arguments against it. No one would have stopped you from arguing against it, but just assuming his decision didn't matter and adding the matches without addressing this problem is why I had to remove them

I know this will just turn into an endless cycle if I undid things again though, so I will wait this time, but I'll say for the time being that this this was a very sketchy way to handle things

Hey, Andy?

Weekly reverting votes on a decision and issue that wasn't finalized yet isn't at all wrong.

Removing it before a decision is made, however, is very wrong.

...And a new thread was made anyways so, eh, let's just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back