• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus General Discussion Thread | New series by ONE

There's new stuff that we can add from this chapter:
Pakka was considered powerful by Kiva, Gyuta's magic is higher level than Zaybi (More basis that there are different levels of powers for spells), Zaybi also has magic sense like Kiva, Pakka can attack simultaneously as Hallow (likely subsonic), Orbital Satellite Lasers can vape humans (easy 9-A feat), Madarans have conquered the entirety of the "endless hell" known as space, Kiva has to go "release" to parry an orbital laser, Madarans can survive re-entry (they are mine now, I'm doing the profiles for the goofy goobers), Space Devil World people hyped up Madarans and think that they can mop the floor with everyone there (might include kiva)

The basis for it being light speed is vague and lackluster
How so? It's called a laser by various sources and the characters directly translate to "Satellite Laser Beam" with the characters used for beam also meaning 'illumination,' 'light,' and 'radiation,' all pointing forward it being actual light.

Yeah I wasn't too convinced by light speed before but this is the second time Kiva deflects beams described as lasers...

My guys, it's a laser. Just a regular, straight-up laser shot by a scientifically built man-made orbital satellite weapon, Kiva was even like "I don't sense magic it must be another new thing". There is no reason to think it's not a regular laser. It's light speed. And as mentioned by Recon, it is consistent with the very same character (Kiva) reacting to a laser previously.

If these characters had at least a good amount of anti-feats against it then I'd understand the skepticism, but like, they don't. Kiva doesn't have a single anti-feat as far as I'm aware, same with any characters that scale to him even remotely.

There's no reason to deny the feats the way I see it. The only question is the specifics behind the feats. Seeing as Kiva was aware that there were beams coming down on his army, he had some awareness of the attack, but he wasn't directly looking at it before reacting to it, he certainly didn't aim-dodge it, and deflected it semi-casually. I'd guess it's a relativistic speed feat, maybe sub-rel at least.

Edit: Hallow also literally calls the wave of beams a "rain of light".

Anyways very good chapter. I anticipate that the Madarian's are about to dominate the Demon Army, what I'm wondering is, if they're really that strong, wtf are the humans gonna do.

I also wonder if the Madarians and the A.I. might pair up, or how the Madarians might view the Meta Humans.

Hmmm okay in closer inspection it does meet the criteria for SoL lasers. Someone should calc Kiva parrying the laser

It's also worth noting that the Madarian's found the satellite and shot it down seconds after it started being used. We don't know how far they were but considering it's near-space we're talking about, it's safe to assume they were probably pretty far.

In the shot where Cosmic Devil world guy says that space is an endless hell we see there's nothing surrounding earth for a pretty far distance. Wich means that Madarans are likely MFTL+ at least in travel speed.

In the shot where Cosmic Devil world guy says that space is an endless hell we see there's nothing surrounding earth for a pretty far distance. Wich means that Madarans are likely MFTL+ at least in travel speed.
Maybe we can use that scan to calc the distance they had to travel at the bare minimun

Because satellites are very high up and Kiva didn't move much in comparison to the laser.
That would imply Kiva could see all the way up to the satellite and then started his movement the very moment a beam was shot toward him. Both of these aren't the case. For the former, we see that he is confused about where the beams are coming from even when looking above. For the latter, we see that he doesn't even bother looking in the direction of the laser and very casually deflects it. I consider this to be a solid FTL. Calculations are redundant at this point.

an-emoji-disintegrating-in-pain.gif

Back