• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus General Discussion Thread | New series by ONE

Anyway as I said before this chapter is pretty damn good, right now it's 2nd best for me (1st being the 2nd chapter)

Alio and Kayla as a ship works and I really hope ONE doesn't just kill Alio immediatly next chapter, he has got the most characterization so far from all the cast and has an interesting arc to follow.

Speaking of him, I wonder what will he do now. Will he kill a giant and run away to provoke them into following them to the Neo Humans or commit to the "surrendering" bit?

And lastly, I updated some of the profiles on my sandbox with the 8-A scaling let me know what you guys think:

It's very hard to guess who will die in this series. Alio will very likely only die at the end of the mission, after redeeming himself for being a coward, if he dies at all. (He does have a lot of death flags around him, for sure.)

It's very hard to guess who will die in this series. Alio will very likely only die at the end of the mission, after redeeming himself for being a coward, if he dies at all. (He does have a lot of death flags around him, for sure.)
Yeah...
He got characterization suddenly, he wants to die and was given a flower + he is on basically a suicide mission

I don't want him to die but I wouldn't be surprised if he does 😭

How ain't no one talking about this panel? Literally the best panel in this manga so far (imo).

image.png

haiji2.png

haiji.png

No idea why some people are saying Haiji could be a traitor when it was already set up she is just looking to attach herself to the littlest bit of hope

My hypothesis for the "Mad God" is that
1.The god is real and will be the final boss of the series. Or
2.The god is fake and is pure mass hysteria that is spread by the priests, making the Natural enemy extremist beliefs by itself.
3.It's an OPM reference

Azuma Kyoutarou is really a blessing, the art has ben fantastic in all the chapters so far.

But this monthly release is killing me man 😭
Yeah. Not quite Murata level but still a very very good manga artist. In chapter 1 I was a bit skeptical about the style, seemed a lot more exaggerated if not even a little cartoony in some ways than most other manga including OPM. But I've already warmed up to it.

Tbf monthly is pretty good compared to most manga's. Our bi-weekly OPM schedule should NOT be taken for granted, that's one of the best manga schedules ever when you consider that the chapters are still large with high-quality art. If Murata was a good author he could make the next Dragon Ball, Naruto, One-Punch Man, etc. with his sheer art quality. Even DBS is only sometimes monthly and often longer than that, and that's a high-priority manga obviously.

Hunter X Hunter fans reading this: 💀

My hypothesis for the "Mad God" is that
1.The god is real and will be the final boss of the series. Or
2.The god is fake and is pure mass hysteria that is spread by the priests, making the Natural enemy extremist beliefs by itself.
3.It's an OPM reference
I think it's a lot more simple than that. Having one of the random, obscure worlds without much attention yet have the literal main villain of sorts or have it be a big twist doesn't seem right, it's more likely that the main villain will either be the "Demon Lord" or a group of head-honcho's teaming up, or even a new villain introduced much later on when most of the natural enemies are already dealt with.

I think that this supposed God is going to be a low-tier reality warper that was empowered by the beliefs of the denizens of that world, who uses his powers and probably also trickery to make it seem like he's omnipotent. And the way they'll defeat him is by one of the human groups being able to convince the Mad God world humans that he isn't actually all-powerful, weakening him enough that the humans can take him out on their own. Just my theory though.

I think it's a lot more simple than that. Having one of the random, obscure worlds without much attention yet have the literal main villain of sorts or have it be a big twist doesn't seem right, it's more likely that the main villain will either be the "Demon Lord" or a group of head-honcho's teaming up, or even a new villain introduced much later on when most of the natural enemies are already dealt with.

I think that this supposed God is going to be a low-tier reality warper that was empowered by the beliefs of the denizens of that world, who uses his powers and probably also trickery to make it seem like he's omnipotent. And the way they'll defeat him is by one of the human groups being able to convince the Mad God world humans that he isn't actually all-powerful, weakening him enough that the humans can take him out on their own. Just my theory though.
Yeah that's the most likely answer to me tol

It should also be noted that the humans from the Mad God's world possess the collective ability to pray things into happening, they merged with the Magic Forces World by praying to something other than this God.

Has the God even done anything? How do we know that these guys aren't just like, really dumb and saw a tornado once?

Either that or it's a Kuo-Toa situation and they brought their God into being by accident.

So it kinda went over my head at first but the AI Robots basically created an anti-magic barrier in like a minute despite magic not existing in their world, that's really crazy adaptation technology...

But it also means that Zaybi's lightning isn't real as despite sharing some properties it's still strictly magical, otherwise the robot would have used a lightning rod or something

Has the God even done anything? How do we know that these guys aren't just like, really dumb and saw a tornado once?

Either that or it's a Kuo-Toa situation and they brought their God into being by accident.
Not in screen yet but the humanity of its world is terrified for a reason and yes, they seemed to have prayed him into existence or made it mad with power by accident by praying to it too much.
ZynglEi.png

The humanity of that world seems to have the ability to just pray things into happening since they also somehow merged with the Magic Forces World by praying
a0BsiqS.png

So my guess is that the Mad God isn't actually omnipotent or something but still pretty damn powerful

It's like how abstract beings like "Psycho helmet" and "Kuchisake Onna" came to be in Mob Psycho from ONE. If human collective consciousness believes in something enough it will come to be from nothingness with the same characteristics as envisioned by people.

So it kinda went over my head at first but the AI Robots basically created an anti-magic barrier in like a minute despite magic not existing in their world, that's really crazy adaptation technology...

But it also means that Zaybi's lightning isn't real as despite sharing some properties it's still strictly magical, otherwise the robot would have used a lightning rod or something

Yea, the whole magical lightning kinda screws everything up
At least we can scale it to generic electricity

The AI robots creating an anti-magic barrier reminds me of how Accelerator from magical index was used to dealing with scientific energies his entire life, but when faced with the completely unknown was able to create new formulas to manipulate many types of supernatural and alien energies on the fly.

Yea, the whole magical lightning kinda screws everything up
At least we can scale it to generic electricity
You mean in AP? I mean the attack seems to scorch robots a bit but it shuts them down because it's magic electricity or whatever so I dunno

I see, uh... at what speed would Zaybi's electic bolts apply then? Like he can aim and fire them from his staff but also from the sky
wtYpeaa.png
xlPMdqn.png

bBDGD48.png
Electricity Magic: Thunderbolt is probably genuine lightning speed considering it seems to be cloud to ground and also effects robots in the way lightning would.

The ones from the staff are likely just regular electricity speed.

Electricity Magic: Thunderbolt is probably genuine lightning speed considering it seems to be cloud to ground and also effects robots in the way lightning would.
I agree with the first part as it's obviously coming from the sky but Zaybi calls it "magical" several times and it's his reasoning as to why the robots shut down and the Advanced Robot recognizes it as a "new attack form" and creates an anti-magic barrier instead of just calling it lightning.
H4fVfF7.png

I agree with the first part as it's obviously coming from the sky but Zaybi calls it "magical" several times and it's his reasoning as to why the robots shut down and the Advanced Robot recognizes it as a "new attack form" and creates an anti-magic barrier instead of just calling it lightning.
It being magical doesn't discredit it from being lightning speed.

By the way your Alio calc is fine but I was thinking that maybe instead of just the punch you could add the distance he covered to reach Hallow as he did the backflip mid air and landed on the wall
I'll try to calc that. Also maybe I should change the timeframe used considering Hallow is weakened and even Alio notes that he's slow and would have no trouble dodging his punch, so maybe Superhuman reaction is a no no, maybe I could use Peak Human instead

Also I'm trying to make a Alio render and calc Kiva's stretch arm range

Back