• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse Equalization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Saying that you need Bleach Reiatsu to see / hit a Bleach character is like saying that if you don't have Naruto Chakra you can't resist ANY Genjutsu. It's why verse equalization exists. To not give unfair advantages that would apply to an entire verse.
What about powers that don't apply to a whole verse, but only specific power systems within the verse?

Except Bleach characters being unseeable to non-spiritually talented beings is not a specific ability for them at all, its a completely generic concept to everyone in the Bleach universe.

Honestly to me its not even a feat for them, its just a lack of a feat for fodders but thats a different topic.

The problem with that though is the method on how people in Bleach see spirits would be included in Verse Equalization to other verses, which Woki disagreed with me on and was why he made this thread to begin with.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saying that you need Bleach Reiatsu to see / hit a Bleach character is like saying that if you don't have Naruto Chakra you can't resist ANY Genjutsu. It's why verse equalization exists. To not give unfair advantages that would apply to an entire verse.
Why that the case? For Naruto you just need resistance to mind hax or illusion to resist Genjutsu and for bleach you just need ability to see invisible being and that's it. No need to make this too complicated.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
The problem with that though is the method on how people in Bleach see spirits would be included in Verse Equalization to other verses, which Woki disagreed with me on and was why he made this thread to begin with.

@Sigurd If i am understanding correctly your argument is that we cannot give character X the ability that character Y needs to affect others in their own verse but we can allow character x's ow abilities to function on concepts that exist in Y's verse but not his own if necessary...did i get it right?

@Andytrenom

If i am understanding correctly your argument is that we cannot give character X the ability that character Y needs to affect others in their own verse.

Yes if they've never displayed the ability to see ghost or other ethernal entities,your essentially giving them powers they don't have.

but we can allow character x's ow abilities to function on concepts that exist in Y's verse but not his own if necessary.

Yes,if im understanding this part correctly,interaction and use of abilities is fine for equaliztion to prevent NLF's like the stand example used above,but we shouldn't give people abilities they don't have simply cause of equalization.

As long as its an ability that can be granted from another verse through verse equalization, as in its not something specific that would require knowledge and training, it should be granted.

It just needs to be on a case by case basis ofc.

Invisibility is totally an ability, irregardless if it's active or passive. As long as the source power/energy is based on the same concept VE wouldn't even be necessary imo. Except one thing though is that chakra in nardo-verse is non-static unlike Ki, Power Cosmic (could be wrong here), Cosmo, etc. so there is a bit of a limitation there and would need of an assistance from VE.

It being passive or active doesnt matter. Bleach's invisibility is completely centered around their energy source as ive explained over 5 times now.

We make the energy source equal to other verses, Verse Equalization allows those every other verse to see Bleach characters, regardless of it being an ability or not.

Your essentialy arguing everyone that is put against Bleach has this ability Enhanced Senses, Soul Vision Ability to see souls, spirits, and ghosts.That is not okay if the person doesn't have Enhanced senses capable of seeing spirits,because then your giving them an ability they don't possess.

Just like Naruto characters don't have the ability to Genjutsu people outside of their universe and we allow that because of Verse Equalization. This is no different.

In fact, Bleach's case is much more direct/straightfoward because of the fact that each verse would have Reiryoku via having their energies equal to Bleach's Reiatsu. Having Reiryoku means you can see spirits in bleach and it's directly tied together with Reiatsu.

So if Reiatsu gave you low godly regen, type 5 immortal and Acausality then everyone who fight bleach char will suddenly have low godly regen, type 5 immortal and Acausality.

False Equivalancy.

First off, an energy source can't acomplish that and it doesn't so using a theortical question to counter my argument won't hold much.

Second, I can just as easily argue all of those abilities to be ones granted only through training and knowledge, which are specific abilities. Those wouldn't be granted in Verse Equalization.

Like how we dont' give everyone flight because their energies = KI. Or walking on water/trees when equaling them to chakra. They're specific abilities. Reiryoku is not.

Normally energy source cannot allow you to have Enhanced Senses Soul Vision Ability to see souls, spirits, and ghosts as well, so what your point? And how about if those ability is passive? no need to traning?

>Normal energy source cannot allow you to have Enhanced Senses Soul Vision Ability to see Spirits

Except, it can. Reiryoku is needed for characters in Bleach to see and sense souls. Reiryoku directly = Reiatsu as whenever Reiatsu is unleashed, Reiryoku is as well. So if KI or Chakra become Reiatsu's energy equivalant, Reiryoku becomes their energy equivalant too. Its cherry picking to only pick one.

>And how about if those ability is passive?

Very unlikely considering literally every single person and their mother in Bleach have Reiryoku. Even everyday humans. It's a generic concept in energy in the Bleach Universe.

Except it can't, not all energy source have the same advantage as Reiryoku, by that logic if Reiryoku passively gave you low godly regen, type 5 immortal, Acausality, name every OP ability then everyone will become much more broken just by fighting against bleach chars.

In my opinion verse equalize should only allow 2 diff energy source to interact with each other(Ability that will only work on let's say magic will now works on chakra, Reiryoku, etc), but not nesesary gave them new hax and ability that was granted by diff energy source, because at that point you essentially using fanfiction version of those chars.

Again, false equivalancy and theortical excuses. There's no way around it as Reiryoku isn't a specific ability one trains or even needs to know how to get. If everyday people have it, and its released whenever Reiatsu is, then thats enough to say whatever gets equaled with Reiatsu is gettign Reiryoku as well.

Except Reiryoku isnt an entirely different ability gained by different energy. It's literally apart of Reiatsu, which everyone in Bleach has. There's no reason why this wouldnt carry over to others in Verse Equalization.

Why it's false equivalence and theoretical excuses when Reiryoku gave you new ability that was not granted but most form of energy in fiction? Everyone in bleach have Reiryoku but only those with high level Reiryoku can have those ability above, Normal ppl cant see ghost and other thing.

You still gave them fanfiction ability for other verses who fought against bleach.

Thats not giving them a new ability really though, thats only because of the difference in level between bleach's Reiryoku levels. Exactly why normal humans cant see them because they have crap levels of Reiryoku. Any other verse that manipulates their energy sources, when equaled with Reiatsu, shouldnt be in the same boat as clearly they're not ordinary people.

Thats still gave then new ability since normal humans cant see ghost and stuff, Ichigo cannot see ginjo when he is blind up till he gained his power back because only those with decent Reiryoku can see ghost, all ppl have Reiryoku but only those who train till they have decent Reiryoku or awaked their hidden power can have Enhanced Senses Soul Vision Ability to see souls.

If verse equalized take effect by default other verse fighter will have Reiryoku equalized to normal ppl, or else you will gave them fanfiction ability..For example, bleach ppl will have no problem if you blind their eyes because they can relied on their reiatsu sensing to see and sense their enemy, not all verse have this ability but don't worry because any other verses will have this advantage just by fighting against bleach char.

@Yung....no one is arguing against verse equalization here. Only how it is used.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Actually it'd be Genjutsu would just be useless since no one outside of Naruto has Chakra, verse equalization allows Naruto characters to use Genjutsu in the first place since Genjutsu requires the target to have Chakra.

The argument isn't you need Reiatsu/Reiryoku to hit Bleach characters as well, the argument is they are invisible to those without extrasensory perception like the ability to see souls.

@Andy

I know...Im meant Kukui and company who believe that verse equalization covers the bleach invisibility issue.

So then I refer back to my last reply.

No, other verses reiryoku wouldn't be on the level of a humans it would be tied together to the level of their own energy which is equaling Reiatsu. That's like saying equaling energies will make as weak as the other verses fodder. A KI or chakra user will be far more spiritually adept than a regular everyday person.

@IMade

Actually it'd be both. Sharingan genjutsu users place their own chakra inside the target (Most of the characters who use genjutsu). So if an opponent can't manipulate the chakra inside of them, they can't break out of the genjutsu. Of course, that's how it'd be without verse equalization.

No, they will still maintain their for example planet level magic and other stuff, but under verse equalized their magic will now work on Reiryoku/reiatsu but without giving them new fanfiction ability.

Again, any technique that needs specific knowledge and training go obtain isn't getting effected by Verse Equalization as its not that standard.

Anything that is should be given to other verses.

Including gave them fanfiction ability and advantage because it's not fair to fight against bleach verse.

I suppose Ichigo can have forcefield creation and Regenerationn when fighting RWBY characters then since Aura manifestation of one soul, perfectly similar to what Bleach main power source is and with verse equalization.

Cool, I'm down with this.

Dat Dot said:
I suppose Ichigo can have forcefield creation and Regenerationn when fighting RWBY characters then since Aura manifestation of one soul, perfectly similar to what Bleach main power source is and with verse equalization.

Cool, I'm down with this.
Is it a specific ability? Tied with whatever Energy source RWBY uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back