• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Velvet and Kondraki's Photo Shootout

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Weekly brought up Velvet as an opponent for Boooterflies , and I thought it was a sick matchup.

Speed is equalized, in-character. Otherwise, SBA.

Bunny Camera:

Butterfly Camera: 1

Eh:

Dr kondraki illusory butterflies by ghostn-d6vfxj5
Vol2 Velvet ProfilePic Normal

Velvet could copy Kondraki's kit, but there are 2 factors preventing her from a decisive victory. One being that the booterflies, while something Velvet could possibly copy, will make Kondraki invisible throughout most of the fight. The second thing is the sheer difference in experience. Kondraki, besides being older, is an Administrator. The Foundation doesn't just hand out that position for free. And to add to that, he has evaded Bright, an equally intellegent and capable person whom at the time was in control of a vast majority of Foundation assets.

Overall, I give Kondraki the win.

Why fo most RWBY threads turn into waifu wars?

Just saying he's an administrator I feel, personally, that is not enough. I will expand that by pasting what I argued in the Kondraki vs Sombra thread regarding his skill:

Kondraki is highly unpredictable while calculated, to the point that fellow doctors Clef (the man that can kill off reality warpers on the scale of SCP - 531, and SCP - 239 (Both with prep time)) and Gears (who's one of the most intelligent members in the Foundation), had this to say about him:

Interviewer: Seriously? No mistakes?

Clef: I can't really see that Dr. Kondraki made any mistakes in his termination protocol up to this point, no.

Interviewer: Seriously?

Clef: None at all. He had a primary kill mechanism, a backup plan, and a tertiary plan as well. The fact that his plan didn't survive first contact with the enemy wasn't his fault. The deaths of MTF-Rho-2 were a sad and unforeseeable consequence of the Euclid-class SCiPs being moved…

Interviewer: I see. So tell me, Dr. Clef, what if all of this wasn't part of some plan, and he'd been making it up as he went along?

Clef: <laughs> In that case, sir, I'd say that Dr. Kondraki was a suicidal fool. But he certainly wouldn't have…

Interviewer: …

Clef: … he did?

And

Dr. Gears: Reckless is a relative term. Viewed purely from the vantage point of a termination test carried out against a nearly-invulnerable humanoid SCP object, Dr. Kondraki's test achieved only a low to medium degree of collateral damage.

Interviewer: So you feel that Dr. Kondraki's actions were acceptable?

Dr. Gears: He achieved his intended goal. However, the loss of manpower, multiple containment breaches, widespread damage to Site 19, and general lack of planning represent a gross oversight on the part of Dr. Kondraki.

Interviewer: Demolishing a good chunk of a site is a little more than oversight in planning.

Dr. Gears: …Sir, if I may say, I think we are focusing on the wrong direction. We assume that Dr. Kondraki is a "loose cannon", a person who is reckless and puts zero foresight into anything he does. However, this is a narrow and dangerous assumption.

Interviewer: …What are you talking about?

Dr. Gears: The human brain has a tendency to view highly complex and rapid patterns as random events. I believe that Dr. Kondraki used the termination of SCP-083 as an excuse, and the resulting highly destructive "chase" and containment breaches as a distraction.

Interviewer: So you're saying…he planned it?

Dr. Gears: Not in a traditional sense. To use a mathematical example, he started with the solution, and worked backwards to create the problem. The multiple containment failures, the evacuation of items, SCP-083 and its attacks on site staff, all these stretched the resources of Site 19 to a dangerously thin level. This allowed him to achieve what I hypothesize to be his true goal.

Interviewer: …which would be?

Dr. Gears: To ride SCP-682.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Kondraki is highly unpredictable while calculated, to the point that fellow doctors Clef (the man that can kill off reality warpers on the scale of SCP - 531, and SCP - 239 (Both with prep time)) and Gears (who's one of the most intelligent members in the Foundation), had this to say about him:
Just wanted to remind you Clef only killed 239 with 343's help, who's also 1-B charcter. And, most of that was due to him having a natural resistance/affluency towards killing benders. Kondraki's smart, but he's not smart enough to take down a 1-B character in any way shape or form.

That said, I will be making a revision thread for Clef soon to figure out what exactly is part of his canon so I can better guage his resistances.

I'll count the vote, though.

Kondraki - 2 (Ovens, Lephyr)

Velvet - 0

Kondraki, FRA and to add in, this is in-character velvet never kill a person before but i think kondraki do he won't hesitate to kill a person he can just play nice and suprise her

>play nice

This is refering to the dude who stabbed an immortal Keter and then threw cat piss at him.

@Dargoo

Didn't say anything about Kondraki being capable of fighting 1-B. The point was that he's so unpredictable that a guy who later took down reality warpers (which I also noted was with prep-time) didn't even considered for a second the dude improvised the whole incident.

@Lephyr

Ah, no worries

Kondraki - 3 (Ovens, Lephyr, S.T.A.L.K.)

Velvet - 0

To be fair, we're not giving Konny boy here any challenges. We need a real High 8-C to face him.

Added, this can be closed

Kondraki now in the running for most wins in Tier High 8-C? ovo

The OP should specify 8-C Velvet only since she's got 8-B on her tier too now. That way this match can still be kept

Back