• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive SCP Downgrades: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I said I'd do it, and here we are.

I'll tackle the normies first before I get to the gods.

Kondraki scaling to 682 and Duke
Kondraki shouldn't be High 8-C. This is coming from the person who made his profile into the memeworthy member of the tier he's in.

Let's start with his justifications, one by one, and show where I got them wrong.

"Fought with and rode SCP-682 and survived"

As weird as this sounds, there is no physical exchange between the two. Kondraki vaults around 682 and fashions reigns on its back. We see 682 attempt to attack him, but every time it does there's what is essentially a fade to black in literary terms. We have no clue how he survives any of 682 attacks, and afterwards we only confirm that "Dr. Kondraki is spotted, having incurred several injuries."

SCP-682 now attempts to bite down on Dr. Kondraki as he scrambles to sit in a lone chair placed at the end of a table.
Dr. Kondraki vanishes from visual contact as SCP-682 devours him.
The sound of metal scraping against enamel cancels out any conversation. A sickening snap of SCP-682's jaws concludes the recording.
This isn't grounds for scaling Kondraki, someone with no feats that place him anywhere near 682's ballpark, to 682. All we know from their interaction is that 682 appears to eat him multiple times, and then he appears outside of 682 to troll him. We know Konny can produce shadow clones of himself with boooterflies, and it takes less assumptions to say that 682 chomped a boooterfly illusion then Kondraki having physical strength he has never demonstrated that let him rip himself out of 682.

We know he is injured, which doesn't say jack-all because we don't know how 682 tried to attack him outside of swallowing him whole, which I've disproved as scaling in the above paragraph.

So, Kondraki shouldn't scale to 682.

"competed with 083-D, who had previously fought SCP-076 to a standstill."

Yeah no. Really, really no. Kondraki never physically attacks 083, and when he attacks with firearms and weapons, they only harm 083-D because they abuse his vampiric weaknesses.

Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûê: At what point did you conclude that SCP-083 might be vulnerable to the same weaknesses of a stereotypical vampire, despite no previous evidence?
Now, he does injure 083-D on a number of occasions. Too bad all of them are either with the aformentioned weaknesses, or with SCPs.

SCP-083 continues to pursue, and appears to take chase. Moments later, a flash of light is seen by a camera down the hall, and a bright, disc-like object impacts SCP-083. SCP-083 loses his leg, and falters.
Dr. Kondraki stops to observe the damage, as the disc (confirmed to be SCP-388) continues through Site 19 and eventually comes to rest 2 km away from the research facility. Dr. Kondraki approaches SCP-083 with a firearm drawn.
Dr. Kondraki exits down hallway R-14 while SCP-083 pursues. Severe damage caused due to blindness inflicted by Dr. Kondraki's camera (See: SCP-515-ARC), which caused considerable thrashing until Regenerationn could set in.
"Survived injuries from SCP-682, 083-D and 076-2"

See above for 682.

Kondraki has never taken hits from 083 or 076-2.

High 8-C 682
Extended canon 682 currently has High 8-C from this bit of text:

682 was one of the big-name SCPs, one of the ones that everyone knew about, including all the people who weren't supposed to. 'Her' breach had been an especially spectacular one, with 682 escaping from emergency Foundation transport and rampaging through New York City like a classic movie monster. He'd even smashed up a smaller skyscraper.
There is no time frame on this feat.

Now, someone might say "he smashed up a skyscraper, it's High 8-C, go home Dargoo, you're drunk". Thing is, a skyscraper, especially a smaller one, can be "smashed up" by a 9-A, especially one as large as 682, as long as it's done over time, and through attacking the bottom floors.

Now, I'll point out this is the only High 8-C feat 682 or anything it scales to has demonstrated without adapting. Going by Occam's Razor, we should default to the claim that takes less assumptions. Let's see:

1. 682 used strength we have seen it to be capable of to destroy an object it can with this strength given time.

2. 682 has demonstrated strength it has never done before.

The answer should be rather self-explainatory.

Summary

• Kondraki no longer scales to them superhuman SCPs. Some of his weaponry scale through harming them. This effects everyone he scales to.
    • No clue what feats Konny and the researcher crew have after that. My guess is they drop to 9-C.
  • 682 is no longer High 8-C without adaptation, in extended canon. This effects everyone it scales to.
    • They drop to their original canon feats seeing as they have no better feats I am aware of.
Cheers, have a nice day, I'll be downgrading the god tiers a metric buttload later this month, get popcorn ready for that.

Firephoenixearl said:
>Massive downgrades
>Downgrades 2 characters by 1 tier.

God damn it dargoo you got my hopes up.
See my above reply

This is part 1 after all.

And after the downgrade we can maybe get matches for SCP because as of now it is in a dead zone where it's either too powerful or too weak and it kinda sucks.

Firephoenixearl said:
>Massive downgrades

Wait for part 2, buddy boy.

I.E every god tier who isn't connected to narratives goes to tier 2.

Wait for part 2, buddy boy.

I.E every god tier who isn't connected to narratives goes to tier 2.

1440 vs BlazBlue when?

Firephoenixearl said:
>Massive downgrades

Technically speaking the two characters scale out to a huge chunk of the verse, to be fair.

Also I can't help but notice how much of those weaponized SCPs used by the Researchers are ARC. Like, y'know, SCPs that were going to be deleted for being bad but only now exist due to being used by the Researchers.

At a glance it seems fine, but I've seen Weekly and Iapitus argue for more feats of scaling so I'd rather wait for them to give at least a bit of input.

Just to nitpick a bit, I don't think using Occam's razor for the high 8-C downgrade is very accurate. Occam's Razor says to go with an interpretation that requires less assumptions and I really don't think you can tell me that getting High 8-C from "smashed up a skyscraper" is something that requires a hefty amount of assumptions.

Take note I am not necessarily opposed to the downgrades, it's just this particular point that kinda bothers me.

Our High 8-C ratings is based on basically blowing up enough of a building to level it. Which would require either an explosion or a huge shockwave. Considering we're dealing with a being who has shown the ability for neither of those and who is consistantly lower, I do think that High 8-C requires more of an assumption than just 682 running around busting stuff.

That standard may need to be enforced a more strictly since I'm pretty there are plenty 8-C/High 8-C characters who aren't rated with this in mind. On the topic of this revision itself, you're probably correct.

Given how specific our ratings for building busting are, I'm pretty sure that a large majority of High 8-Cs comes from calced feats that are NOT building busting anyway.

I never understood why Kondraki scaled to 682, it really doesn't make sense in retrospective, especially if you take into account that he could oneshot 076 or 096 if the profile is anything to go by

"Smashed up a smaller skyscraper" doesn't really sound like the same ordeal as "hit the bottom floor of a skyscraper over and over again till everything falls over". Even the smallest of things we can consider skyscrapers are still over 100 meters tall.

Then again, smashed up does indeed never really specify how many hits the guy put into it, and definitely doesn't imply he wacked it once and it toppled

I'm fine with this stuff

Yeah, I was going to counter some of Andy's points but Saikou summed it up well for me. It's just that the quote gives very little details to begin with; "smashed up a smaller skyscraper" ca be done through tons of ways. It's just that the "682 produced a High 8-C physical attack/explosion" doesn't just assume it did something more than what is described, it also assumes 682 does something greater physically than it has ever demonstrated. So I still feel like Occam's Razor applies here; it's just understandably confusing because the quote itself is confusing.

It seems like these changes have been accepted. I would like to personally wait a bit before I put forward Part 2, as Part 2 also involves some upgrades as well which will take a while to justify due to discussions on the discord being so random and me needing to organize all of the points.

Since this has near-universal approval, I'll get started on implementing it some time today or tomorrow.

While we're at it, 173 is basically featless in OG canon besides neck snapping feats, which around is 10-A or 9-C.

What to do?

Yeah I'm actually sort of wondering why SCP-173 is 9-B in OG canon when those 9-B feats are from extended canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back