• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vehicle Durability Question. (WARNING: May have distressing footage)

I was wondering, while I know that Durability in it's basics is the amount of damage and severity one can withstand before breaking.

Here I am wondering how would one classify durability for vehicles if the stats between the former's dura compares to the attack's AP.

I have been told just because an vehicle's durability would equal and attack's AP even if it was brought down by one attack.

I was under the impression that if a vehicle or anything or anyone that was brought down by one attack straight forward, no hax or poisons, no matter the usage, it would not scale to that attack's AP. Right?

Like helicopter's standard Dura would be wall level, but there are footages of military helicopters like that going down to missile and retains their forms.

Or go down by just losing parts of them in some movies based on real events

So my question is this, even if a vehicle structure remains in take while taken out of commission by an attack that has superior AP, would the vehicle's durability stand?

Like right here where Ikora took down a Cabal ship with a nova bomb which has the energy of a collapsing star in Destiny 2

Thoughts?

I think it may be case by case, but I know vehicle durability is more complicated and not as something we can easily make use of power scaling for durability ratings. Plus, the thing about vehicles is that they could technically be destroyed by relatively weak attacks by combusting their fuel tanks. The metallic plating still repels a wide variety of attacks up to wall level at least. But I would argue against its durability scaling from the attack potency of its ramming strength if we go by the "Getting completely wrecked after a full speed crash."

I think it may be case by case, but I know vehicle durability is more complicated and not as something we can easily make use of power scaling for durability ratings. Plus, the thing about vehicles is that they could technically be destroyed by relatively weak attacks by combusting their fuel tanks. The metallic plating still repels a wide variety of attacks up to wall level at least. But I would argue against its durability scaling from the attack potency of its ramming strength if we go by the "Getting completely wrecked after a full speed crash."
Yeah, The metallic plating of vehicles like that are only made to protect the contents for so long, not like they can take into account ramming speed which would wreck it, I agree it can be a case by case thing, but personally, would not put durability way up there for massively higher AP.

Back