• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting Strength and Energy Attacks

Hi, I know this might be a bit of a dumb question, but why exactly can attacks like energy beams not be counted as lifting strength?

But wait, don't answer yet, make sure you read what I really mean first... Okay?

The famous energy attacks are currently present in many media and many times they, in addition to having destructive properties, also have another property that I believe is unfair to ignore... The pushing property.

Imagine 3 characters: Z, X and Y, now suppose there is a beam of energy going towards each of them.

When character Z was hit, he was immediately vaporized by the attack, so we conclude that Z's durability does not scale to the attack's AP;

When character X was hit, he resisted the energy beam, but the beam pushed him and threw him away, even with him resisting to the fullest, with this we conclude that X's durability scales to the energy attack, but his strength lifting is unable to stop the attack;

Now when the character Y is hit by the same attack that vaporized Z and threw Y away, he not only resisted the beam, but also managed to push the beam back, with this it is possible to conclude that not only the durability scales for the attack , but also your lifting strength is superior to character X.

In many works energy attacks have the property of pushing, so theoretically certain energy attacks could have a kind of lifting strength as well.

So here's my real question, why not include in character profiles with energy attacks the lifting power of their attacks? I believe it would be more accurate to perform battle threads more accurately if this could be considered as well...

But then would it be possible for energy attacks to have lifting strenght? And also calculate these feats as if it were lifting strength as well.
As long as they show feats of lifting/pushing/pulling decently heavy objects, yes, why not?

Back