• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta's resistant to absolute zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds interesting to say the least, I certainly support this.

It is also stated on Toei's website in the bios of Hyssop that his attack freezes to absolute zero. I was confused as to why this wasn't brought up before.

This was bought up before, but was considered illegitime since it doesn't cover the requeriments of Absolute Zero.

Don't remember exactly, but it most likely have to do with only freezing things really fast, with no other characteristic of Absolute Zero prescent. You can take a look at this page for more info.

I still don't get how it's not meeting the standards. If it's because it was a character statement, then it is also confirmed in Hyssop's bios on Toei's website.

It's common in fiction that every ice attack is considered Absolute Zero, when they are not or we had a lot of characters with a resistance to it.

Dark649 said:
It's common in fiction that every ice attack is considered Absolute Zero, when they are not or we had a lot of characters with a resistance to it.
It's also common in fiction to go beyond light speed, is it not?

So just because it's common in fiction, doesn't mean Hyssop's attack is not absolute zero. That's not a valid counter, and till now I personally don't think anything shown in series refutes it being actually AZ. It's not like the name of attack is "AZ". The name of attack is actually "Ice Lance". AZ temperature was stated while explaining how the attack works.

- They have a character, who is sitting there for the sole purpose of giving explanations and back-stories about his fighters(all kaioshins and hakaishins are currently doing the same thing), explaining how the attack works.

- They also added this information on their official website.

It's clear they want to convey this point and that too blatantly. This is the same as being FTL, we don't see actual feat happeneing all the time, nobody states the velocity everytime, we don't see the side-effects everytime, we only have some statements and confirmations like these.

I see Matt said this - "Firstly: it's entirely possible that it will be confirmed as Absolute Zero with further explanations and side-material like official character profiles from Toei."

He was right after all.

But it's confirming what was already stated in the episode. When we have confirmations from both in-series and out of series, this shouldn't be that big a deal.

Yeah, AZ does seem a bit much to be honest, but at least resistance to sub-zero temperatures seems legit.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, AZ does seem a bit much to be honest, but at least resistance to sub-zero temperatures seems legit.
AZ might seem a bit much and that's why it's impressive.

AKM sama said:
So just because it's common in fiction, doesn't mean Hyssop's attack is not absolute zero. That's not a valid counter, and till now I personally don't think anything shown in series refutes it being actually AZ. It's not like the name of attack is "AZ". The name of attack is actually "Ice Lance". AZ temperature was stated while explaining how the attack works.

- They have a character, who is sitting there for the sole purpose of giving explanations and back-stories about his fighters(all kaioshins and hakaishins are currently doing the same thing), explaining how the attack works.

- They also added this information on their official website.

It's clear they want to convey this point and that too blatantly. This is the same as being FTL, we don't see actual feat happeneing all the time, nobody states the velocity everytime, we don't see the side-effects everytime, we only have some statements and confirmations like these.
I appeal to the staff members to ponder over ^ this and provide their input as to why this should/shouldn't be considered fair.

This thread is a good place to ask.

If we see someone's arm being frozen and it starts cracking like literraly the arm just turned to ice and now has cracks all over and is likely about to break is that absolute zero?

So the kaioshin was lying and exaggerating? why we don't treat with the old kaioshin like this?.

Blanked said:
This thread is a good place to ask.
If we see someone's arm being frozen and it starts cracking like literraly the arm just turned to ice and now has cracks all over and is likely about to break is that absolute zero?
I don't think we can assume a normal ice attack to be AZ like that when there is no implication of it.

Yeah, but I was wondering about its effect and how it looks like if there is one specific effect of it. Rather than statements and similar.

AZ zero is kinda hard to portray on-screen as it never happened in reality and they'd have to go on an atomic scale to portray it and then also they might not get it right. As it is all theorised and nothing practical.

Plus fiction and mostly DB ignore side effects like these. We have characters going at light speeds without damaging the environment, without burning the air or their clothes. And if we apply real science into it, it becomes a whole different mess with KE and mass being infinite and whatnot.

@AKM pretty much every verse ignores that kind of things.

Anyway, having a absolute zero statement is not enough for me at all in particular from a person who only knows how to brag. Plus he described it wrong. Freezing to the bone at contact is not even close for absolute zero.

Blanked said:
@AKM pretty much every verse ignores that kind of things.
Anyway, having a absolute zero statement is not enough for me at all in particular from a person who only knows how to brag. Plus he described it wrong. Freezing to the bone at contact is not even close for absolute zero.
- Having an AZ statement is mostly all we get in fiction. Actually seeing AZ temperatures is almost impossible. However I agree, the statement should not be accepted blindly.

- U9 kaioshin never bragged about the abilities of his fighters though. He was right about Basil's kicking abilities. He was right about Lavender's poison abilities. He was right about Bergamo's absorption abilities. He only bragged about his team winning and that's irrelevant to case at hand.

- And that's why we waited until Toei actually gave us information that it was AZ. Therefore, Rou's statement has been confirmed to be true.

- Rou never said freezing to the bone is the limit of the attack. And that's not wrong either. AZ is theorised to turn gases into solids. Bone is already solid and all it can do to the bone is restrict the movement of atoms in the bone. However the part of freezing to the bone is right as it will definitely freeze the blood and every other fluid.

Still doesn't convince me to be anything more than a reffrence to a very cold attack. Also, Azy gave a good reason in the last thread and in fact the ice should of not encompass the entire hand.

Another thing is Vegeta only got his hand frozen so i don't think he could free himself if his entire body got hit if that was actual AZ.

No matter how I look on it, it doesn't seem any different from other ice attacks.

Its stated in the bio for him he has abosolute zero temps, and as a character statement in the anime to. Honestly 1 of those would be enough for me, 2 confirms that is the intention for sure and specific. It's very common for absolute zero attacks to appear like ice attacks even though we don't know exactly how it would look irl since it never happens irl, a simple inconsistency like seeing ftl objects or using sound when moving at supersonic speed. Either way its confirmed in 2 official sources, I think it's silly to not add it as what it is stated to be twice. Just my 2 cents on it.

"Still doesn't convince me to be anything more than a reffrence to a very cold attack. Also, Azy gave a good reason in the last thread and in fact the ice should of not encompass the entire hand."

- No, please don't go into the actual mechanics of how AZ should be shown in fiction. FTL in fiction doesn't follow any mechanics like it should have in real life. Bringing the actual mechanics here is just double standards.

Moreover, it doesn't matter what part or which region of his body was affected by AZ. "Area of Effect" is a thing, right? The only thing which matters is the temperature of the attack. That's all.

"Another thing is Vegeta only got his hand frozen so i don't think he could free himself if his entire body got hit if that was actual AZ."

- Again, completely irrelevant to the case in hand. The fact that his hand survived those temperatures in which everything becomes solid and movements of atoms is restricted, that too without any internal or external side effects of what AZ should have on his hand, is proof enough that he resisted it.

"No matter how I look on it, it doesn't seem any different from other ice attacks."

- It doesn't look any different from other ice attacks because it is also an ice attack. The only difference here is that it freezes to much lower temperatures than other ice attacks, that's not something that can be looked. It's something that can be stated and confirmed.

Nah, since it has been confirmed by Toei that Rou's statement was in fact true and not just a hyperbole, the only argument against it being AZ stems from the fact that it was not portrayed as how AZ should have been in reality.

I couldn't go into more detail as to how faulty that argument is, other than what I already stated above.

Think about absolute zero. At that temperature, molecules are basically motionless. Vegeta powering up like that and shattering absolute zero should've taken away his whole hand. There's a bunch of fictions that state absolute zero even though the ability is nothing like what is stated.

I am all in for Vegeta having resistance to absolute zero.

Statements are law in dragon ball verse imo.

And ki does show that it nullifies in-verse hax.

Unite My Rice said:
Think about absolute zero. At that temperature, molecules are basically motionless. Vegeta powering up like that and shattering absolute zero should've taken away his whole hand. There's a bunch of fictions that state absolute zero even though the ability is nothing like what is stated.
Yes, molecules are motionless, but how does that mean he should've lost his hand while powering up? Isn't that the whole point we are discussing here that he resisted AZ?

And yes, there are many statements about AZ in fiction. But this one has been confirmed. How do you know it's nothing like what it's stated i.e. AZ temperature? If you are referring to the mechanics again then think about being FTL for once.

I feel like I'm repeating myself again and again. I already covered all this in my previous comments.

"They also added this information on their official website."

Link?

I was reluctant when all we had was a character statement, but if it is also on the official website, it becomes far more solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back