• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V (DMC) Vs Kratos (GoW)

If it was Kratos vs Nightmare only, then that would be an interesting fight, especially if speed was equalised, since I'm not sure Kratos can bring down Nightmare but at the same time he resists Nightmare's abilities too. However, V's presence gives Kratos a weak little bag of meat to tear apart to win the fight, and with speed unequalised he can literally do it an infinite number of times before Nightmare can try to defend V even once. If speed was equalised there might be a chance of Nightmare keeping Kratos back and maybe even beating him, but as it is this is a speedblitz and a stomp.

V dog walks and bends kratos over.
You think so? Was there a passive hax I missed? Near as I could tell Kratos resisted them. It'd be different if it was Beastheads timeline Mundus, with all his hax, but this is just Nightmare we're talking about here. Hard to tell; demons in DMC are so haxed a separate page needed to be made to list them.

You think so? Was there a passive hax I missed? Near as I could tell Kratos resisted them. It'd be different if it was Beastheads timeline Mundus, with all his hax, but this is just Nightmare we're talking about here. Hard to tell; demons in DMC are so haxed a separate page needed to be made to list them.
Yes, their Fear Hax is far above Kratos' resistances (they are currently 4D, while Kratos is 3D)

Not only that, but they have High Godly Regen and their soul is a 9D construct, said soul contains some aspects of them, and they can regen from losing everything and their soul, which means Kratos would need 9D range in order to kill them for good, something he absolutely lacks

This is a stomp

V's demons shouldn't have High Godly regen or 9D souls. They aren't true demons that were born from the chaos/older demon world.

they have High Godly Regen and their soul is a 9D construct, said soul contains some aspects of them, and they can regen from losing everything and their soul, which means Kratos would need 9D range in order to kill them for good, something he absolutely lacks
That'd definitely mean Kratos was toast if he was just fighting Nightmare, but he can kill V physically. Nightmare being unkillable for him doesn't stop him from killing V.

Yes, their Fear Hax is far above Kratos' resistances (they are currently 4D, while Kratos is 3D)
I get that the demon world is a 4D structure, perhaps higher considering it used to contain the human world as one of its many dimensions, sort of as if it was a multiverse, but what is it about demonic physiology that makes the fear hax 4D? I know it's capable of imposing fear on things with no concept of fear like inanimate objects.

I get that the demon world is a 4D structure, perhaps higher considering it used to contain the human world as one of its many dimensions, sort of as if it was a multiverse, but what is it about demonic physiology that makes the fear hax 4D? I know it's capable of imposing fear on things with no concept of fear like inanimate objects.
Pardon me actually, regular Demonic Energy was accepted as 4D some CRTs ago but it isn't the case anymore, so I think Kratos is safe from the passives ?

If not, Kratos has to indeed kill V without the demons killing him first, and I actually think he is able to do that, but I'm not the best when it comes to how Kratos fights

There are exceptions in demon physiology's aren't there?
Maybe, even for now, the Physiology is currently linked in their profiles, but I agree that with the recent CRTs, we should take a look on what to do with V's summons

That might be because Chaos is a recent addition and they still didn't covered every profile

Speed is unequalised, with V's demons being massively hypersonic and Kratos being infinite. And in God of War 2 one of the enemies summons Minotaurs to fight, so Kratos has faced an enemy who fights with summons before. And I'm not sure Nightmare can take him down too quickly either. Seems likely Kratos will eventually bypass Nightmare and splatter V.

Speed is unequalised, with V's demons being massively hypersonic and Kratos being infinite. And in God of War 2 one of the enemies summons Minotaurs to fight, so Kratos has faced an enemy who fights with summons before. And I'm not sure Nightmare can take him down too quickly either. Seems likely Kratos will eventually bypass Nightmare and splatter V.
Speed...isn't equalized ?

Kratos wins because bruh

As far as I can tell this is a speedblitz stomp in Kratos' favour, and ironically it might become a hax stomp in V's favour if speed was equalised.

Would speed even matter when it comes to passive haxes?
If it was one of the demons whose hax would let them destroy Kratos by walking past him, like Beastheads timeline Mundus, no. Plus they're actually faster than him too, but leaving that aside, that's not the case with Nightmare whose passive haxes are just the basic demonic physiology ones. Kratos resists those as far as I can tell.

Btw Kratos stomps cuz speed. Nightmare needs to catch him to do the mind fuckery stuff and this version doesn't even focuses on that, the others have fear hax but I think it isn't enough to deal with kratos resistance and they don't have anything that can kill him.

Kratos only needs to target V for an easy win since the other 3 will fade away

Btw Kratos stomps cuz speed. Nightmare needs to catch him to do the mind fuckery stuff and this version doesn't even focuses on that, the others have fear hax but I think it isn't enough to deal with kratos resistance and they don't have anything that can kill him.

Kratos only needs to target V for an easy win since the other 3 will fade away
^this. As soon as Kratos figures out V is the summoner he'll smash him to paste, all while moving far too fast for Nightmare to touch him. This is a stomp via speedblitz and one shot. If this is to be an even fight, speed has to be equalised, for starters.

Well like

Hm.

If you scale Nightmare to Pluto in speed based on the Mundus statements then V would stomp

(I don’t know if we do and we just haven’t changed Nightmare’s profile, but I personally wouldn’t given they’re all about raw power. The only supporting evidence for it is Nightmare could fight Dante, who in DMC1 is accepted as immeasurable speed.)

If not, Kratos stomps.

If you scale Nightmare to Pluto in speed based on the Mundus statements then V would stomp

(I don’t know if we do and we just haven’t changed Nightmare’s profile, but I personally wouldn’t given they’re all about raw power. The only supporting evidence for it is Nightmare could fight Dante, who in DMC1 is accepted as immeasurable speed.)
I'm not sure, since the only two DMC1 characters who challenged Dante and didn't do it by gaining his trust first are Mundus and Vergil.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, since the only two DMC1 characters who challenged Dante and didn't do it by gaining his trust first are Mundus and Vergil.
That’s the main deciding factor at this moment. If we give Nightmare the DMC1 speed because his profile is simply outdated due to the fact we haven’t applied the recent CRT to every relevant DMC profile imaginable then V should take it because he’d then have an immeasurable speed Nightmare.

If we don’t and let V sit in squalor, then Kratos stomps out the William Blake superfan.

Nightmare absolutely doesn't scales to Dante, let alone Mundus. That thing doesn't scale to any Demon God/King in verse. Pluto ofc is above that thing too.

Fighting DMC1 Dante isn't really a feat as he was toying through 90% of the game, so much that he was willing to let demons go if they didn't stand in his way. The only one (besides Mundus) who was considered a danger to Dante was Nelo/Vergil.

Nightmare absolutely doesn't scales to Dante, let alone Mundus. That thing doesn't scale to any Demon God/King in verse. Pluto ofc is above that thing too.

Fighting DMC1 Dante isn't really a feat as he was toying through 90% of the game, so much that he was willing to let demons go if they didn't stand in his way. The only one (besides Mundus) who was considered a danger to Dante was Nelo/Vergil.
There is Nightmare's durability, since in the cutscene Dante seemed concerned and told Trish to stay back, indicating he couldn't just shatter Nightmare and call it a day. But that's AP, lifting strength and durability, not necessarily speed. There's also the fact that Nightmare feeds on magic including Dante's, meaning Dante was passively weakened before they even traded blows. Interestingly Dante seemed immune to that in DMC5, unless V's Nightmare didn't have it anymore.

Now I think about it, that energy draining ability might be worth considering for Nightmare.

There is Nightmare's durability, since in the cutscene Dante seemed concerned and told Trish to stay back, indicating he couldn't just shatter Nightmare and call it a day. But that's AP, lifting strength and durability, not necessarily speed. There's also the fact that Nightmare feeds on magic including Dante's, meaning Dante was passively weakened before they even traded blows. Interestingly Dante seemed immune to that in DMC5, unless V's Nightmare didn't have it anymore.

Now I think about it, that energy draining ability might be worth considering for Nightmare.
That goes out of the window the moment you realize Dante defeated nightmare even after Trish joined the fight and Vol2 specifically says only Nelo was a problem to him. Also the fact that nightmare has 3 cores making him harder to kill if you know what I mean.

Nightmare fees on magic but that isn't a problem for Dante, we gave him resistance for that because Dante doesn't fall on his knees weakened like a devil normally does when this happens to them (see vol2 for example), not only that but the Demon World keeps all demons at full power all the time, any power they use is immediately recharged. Examples of this are many (DMC1 mundus vs dante in the human world, Vol2 the army being at full power and geting overcharged, Deadly Fortune when agnus was using the energy leaking from the gates to fill his power and try to figth Dante, etc)

Pretty sure that ability is there for the real nightmare.

That goes out of the window the moment you realize Dante defeated nightmare even after Trish joined the fight and Vol2 specifically says only Nelo was a problem to him. Also the fact that nightmare has 3 cores making him harder to kill if you know what I mean.

Nightmare fees on magic but that isn't a problem for Dante, we gave him resistance for that because Dante doesn't fall on his knees weakened like a devil normally does when this happens to them (see vol2 for example), not only that but the Demon World keeps all demons at full power all the time, any power they use is immediately recharged. Examples of this are many (DMC1 mundus vs dante in the human world, Vol2 the army being at full power and geting overcharged, Deadly Fortune when agnus was using the energy leaking from the gates to fill his power and try to figth Dante, etc)

Pretty sure that ability is there for the real nightmare.
Makes sense. I guess his concern could have been because Nightmare was difficult to kill and could potentially attack Trish if she doesn't stay back. Sort of like if Goku was fighting Kid Buu and Chichi got in the middle of it, except no Dragon Balls to wish her back after she gets herself killed. A cause for concern even if the enemy is less powerful than yourself.

If this is to be an even fight, start by equalising speed. Otherwise it's a stomp via massive speedblitz; with a speed gap that's literally infinite Kratos might as well be fighting a cardboard cutout. Alternatively, you can swap V for DMC1 Nightmare, so there's no V there for Kratos to easily splatter as a way of winning.

Makes sense. I guess his concern could have been because Nightmare was difficult to kill and could potentially attack Trish if she doesn't stay back. Sort of like if Goku was fighting Kid Buu and Chichi got in the middle of it, except no Dragon Balls to wish her back after she gets herself killed. A cause for concern even if the enemy is less powerful than yourself.
Oh no, I don't mean it like that. Trish backstabbed Dante and was attacking him while he fought Nightmare and when Dante killed it she revived the thing (happens 2 or 3 times in DMD mode iirc)

It's hard for Dante to fight back against her (even if he knows the problems with doing that) because she is a 1:1 copy of his mom and he has quite a lot of family issues...

Oh no, I don't mean it like that. Trish backstabbed Dante and was attacking him while he fought Nightmare and when Dante killed it she revived the thing (happens 2 or 3 times in DMD mode iirc)

It's hard for Dante to fight back against her (even if he knows the problems with doing that) because she is a 1:1 copy of his mom and he has quite a lot of family issues...
Apologies, I'm not talking about that. I know Trish shot Dante in the back in that scene, and I know he couldn't bring himself to attack her after she betrayed him. I was referring to the fact that when Trish first appeared during his fight with Nightmare, before she betrayed him, Dante told her to stay clear, and seemed preoccupied and also seemed concerned for her. But I agree Nightmare being difficult to kill and also, at least as far as Dante knows, being strong enough to quickly kill Trish, would be enough to explain that.

Last edited:
Ahh, yeah, my bad there.

But yeah, in short, 3 cores/souls that keep healing, the weapon getting ress and Dante refusal to hurt Trish is why it even stands a chance and that's only in the last fight.

Which makes V a cardboard cut-out waiting to be ripped apart by Kratos.

Stomp. Either speed needs to be equalised, or V needs to be swapped for Nightmare, or both. Or just close the thread.

Side note, is anyone interested in this thread? I don't think it's a stomp, but I guess the street level characters don't get much attention.

Back