• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
necks arent his weak point like demons in demon slayer, plus he got blown up inside out with hamon and is constantly being locked under sun so he dosent regenerate so i dont see what those blades can do anything to him

necks arent his weak point like demons in demon slayer, plus he got blown up inside out with hamon and is constantly being locked under sun so he dosent regenerate so i dont see what those blades can do anything to him
My impression was that Santana turned to stone to protect himself from the sunlight since he is still weak against it especially since Esidisi and Wamuu could still be killed with Hamon. I'd also like to note that a demon's neck isn't much of a weakness when Nichirin blades aren't involved since most demons straight up can't kill each other because of their Regeneration.

My impression was that Santana turned to stone to protect himself from the sunlight
no, that was due to the sunlight, Pillarmen cannot turn themselves into stone, if they have extended periods of time under sunlight they will turn into stone, incapacitating but not killing them (even under UV rays as stone, Santana could still absorb living things on touch)

no, that was due to the sunlight, Pillarmen cannot turn themselves into stone, if they have extended periods of time under sunlight they will turn into stone, incapacitating but not killing them (even under UV rays as stone, Santana could still absorb living things on touch)
So they are rock human rip offs

Wait, if santana isn't actually weak to sunlight, as in it doesn't kill him like vampires, then would tengen cutting santana cause him to petrify due to the sunlight weakness? since decapitation won't actually kill santana since he doesn't die from sunlight.
This would make tengen's win condition significantly easier.

Wait, if santana isn't actually weak to sunlight, as in it doesn't kill him like vampires, then would tengen cutting santana cause him to petrify due to the sunlight weakness? since decapitation won't actually kill santana since he doesn't die from sunlight.
This would make tengen's win condition significantly easier.
he can just eat the sword and expel the petrified bits then

I mean if the blades are kinda bad towards Santana since sunlight ain't his specialty, with his genius intellect (aka the guy who learned a whole ass language in a few minutes or disassembling a gun that takes professionals hours to do) he would probably try disarming tengen.

I mean if the blades are kinda bad towards Santana since sunlight ain't his specialty, with his genius intellect (aka the guy who learned a whole ass language in a few minutes or disassembling a gun that takes professionals hours to do) he would probably try disarming tengen.
I highly doubt that santana will be able to disarm tengen who is a master swordsman and shinobi with a rather unsual fighting style and weapon. He is also reading his moves and jumping around using sound breathing, and also consider that each strike with the sword would be petrifying santana.

I highly doubt that santana will be able to disarm tengen who is a master swordsman and shinobi with a rather unsual fighting style and weapon. He is also reading his moves and jumping around using sound breathing, and also consider that each strike with the sword would be petrifying santana.
fair enuff

He can just pop the petrified bits out

well since no supporters for both of them couldn't find a decisive factor that can make one of them have more wincons than the other,

i will vote for Incon

I actually had something written up but **** me I guess, wiki ate the draft. So here's a half assed version missing some of the other shit.

Anyway.

Santana is weak to sunlight.

To an extent yes, but not to the degree of vampires,

Santana, and Pillar Men, when exposed to UV light start to harden and turn to stone, though they can stay active in this sunlight for awhile, they can't permanently, of course this isn't lethal to them in normal doses, but it is a nuisance and something they can't do for a prolonged length of time. But they can indeed last in the sun for awhile and attack all the same.
Obviously the more potent the light, the faster the effect, but simply standing out and basking in the sun he can do for awhile and stay active.

Pillar Men are weak to Hamon.

Only to an extent, Hamon must be strong enough to effect them at all in the first place, if Hamon isn't sufficient, it does **** all to them, they're practically immune to it. Joseph's Hamon for example, was far to weak at the start of the Part to harm Pillar Men, it did nothing, he had to train, and by the time his Hamon was potent enough to be a issue, he was one of the greatest Hamon users in history. Prior to that though...

Pillar Men body actively repels Hamon, as such, if it isn't potent enough, it does literally nothing offensively. In order to bypass this, the Hamon must be applied internally from within, as the outside of the body won't work. And Joseph even makes another note of this against Wham, saying his Hamon was to weak and didn't work on Santana, so he'd use his clackers to break Wham's skin and then apply the Hamon directly into the wound.

So the question is, how potent does the Hamon have to be do actually be useful in doing actual damage? Pretty ******* potent, beyond that of Military grade UV lighting. If Santana's foe isn't AT LEAST that potent, it won't actually do damage, and if it's even less, it might not do anything at all, best case, it petrifies pieces of him that it makes explicit contact with.

decap is an issue.

Literally not in the slightest, even a vampire can survive as just a head. And can do so as long as he needed (was a head for weeks and was completely fine), if Santana's head was cut off, and he, for some reason, couldn't regen it, he'd be fine, he can live as just a head for however long he needs, hell he can live as just a brain if needed. But that said, I'm not sure this would even happen, what's stopping Santana from just healing it? I know regen negation, but Pillar Men's weakness to sunlight works completely differently than that of the likes of Dio or the likes of demons, half the reason it negates regen doesn't actually ap-ply to them in the slightest.

advantages

Santana's LS for example, completely dwarves his foe (far outclasses a dude who can lift 500 tons with one finger), if given the chance, Santana can and would, with little effort, be able to disarm his opponent.

Santana can actually restrict his foe and bind them with pieces of his body.

Crippling movement and mobility.

It should also be noted that hitting Santana isn't actually all that easy, due to his physiology, he can do completely impossible dodges and moves

He can morph his body into like a elastic state, where he can do things like extend his fingers to attack but even cave his own head in to dodge strikes or bend his body to attack from impossible positions.

Plus as we see flat out stated, Santana can change his body into a state that made bladed weaponry far less effective, being incapable of piercing the skin, at least, when he's not caught off guard, which he shouldn't be here. Given his foe uses a sword primarily, this is very, very, bad for him.

But for some extra examples,

A fellow Pillar Men can do shit like this to dodge.

And even split themselves apart to have attacks glide through.

**** Santana himself can casually break every bone in his body just to contort into shapes.

Plus, if his foe's blade would petrify him, it'd only petrify the parts it touches, needless to say i don't think I have to explain why tiny slivers only surface deep if even that, won't be an issue to Santana, a sword's surface area is tiny, it isn't petrifying nearly enough of Santana at any given time to pose an issue to him, and unlike demons and vampires, that's ALL it's gonna be doing. And that's assuming it doesn't go back to normal as soon as that energy is expended from Santana's body, because whatever it may be, the petrifaction definitely isn't permanent, and couple that with Santana's ****** up dodging capabilities and the fact he can make blades far less effective on him, this makes his foe's main and only way to contend, far less effective.
Which also leads me to think, what's stopping Santana from letting himself get struck and then catching the blade in his body (given he can do stuff like that, he can even open his body up to catch things), and then simply restrict the blade using his massive LS, disarm the dude, and then call it a day? There being some minor damage or petrification isn't gonna be so much of a issue that it would prevent this.

And to top it all off, Santana outranges this dude in sword combat, Santana is not only just a **** ton larger of a dude so he has a longer reach, but he can extend that reach with his biology, making standard katana's seem kinda small comparatively, plus he has those rib blades (which have Class M LS mind you), which are about 130cm in length as well, meaning, Santana straight up out ranges the weapon user, not by much of course, but the profile states he only has extended range, Santana can easily **** with that.

And there's also the fact Santana is like 3x stronger so that's cool.

And sure, his foe has a unique fighting style, but so? Being a shinobi or whatever isn't so far out there Santana wouldn't be able to pick up on some of how he acts and behaves, and the same goes for Santana, due to his ****** up body, any normal fighting style is foreign to him.

His foe's only actual advantage is precog, and precog only helps, it doesn't make you infallible, especially when you have to enter the range of a dude who can hit you from like ten different places all at once making dodging nigh impossible putting yourself at tremendous risk to even hit the dude,

Oh yeah, and acid? That's still fair game. The Demon Slayer res to acid isn't even close to being enough to save from Pillar men. Ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter how tough or durable the clothes were, acid is something that bypasses durability inherently, and unless it was specifically designed or had acid res built in to the clothes, it would be simply on par with literally any other piece of cloth, no matter how sturdy it is. That's how acid works, being tough doesn't effect how well it can withstand acid, it needs to actually be innately resistant. Meaning the Demon slayer acid res is only potent enough to save from what? Acid that melts through clothes? Sure that's fine and all, but Pillar Man acid is dumb as shit, it can completely dissolve a person on contact, clothes and all, in a instant, so fast that it makes it look like they phase, so fast that most others don't even realize that they dissolved. Not to mention it works on a cellular level. And is also potent enough to absorb low end vampires, which are tough in and of themselves.
Now I could be wrong, if the clothes were designed to be acid proof, that'd help out, but if not, whatever res they have isn't gonna be enough.

So idk man, this actually feels a tad unfair to Uzui, precog is cool but I don't think it's enough to save him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer Chariot,

thanks to you i made my mind and i will vote for Santana for your reasons

Santana FRA. It also doesn't help that we dont even have a timeframe for how long that spider acid cocoon would take to melt a regular human while pillarmen can literally swim through soldiers with their acid.

Literally not in the slightest, even a vampire can survive as just a head. And can do so as long as he needed (was a head for weeks and was completely fine), if Santana's head was cut off, and he, for some reason, couldn't regen it, he'd be fine, he can live as just a head for however long he needs, hell he can live as just a brain if needed. But that said, I'm not sure this would even happen, what's stopping Santana from just healing it? I know regen negation, but Pillar Men's weakness to sunlight works completely differently than that of the likes of Dio or the likes of demons, half the reason it negates regen doesn't actually ap-ply to them in the slightest.

And to top it all off, Santana outranges this dude in sword combat, Santana is not only just a **** ton larger of a dude so he has a longer reach, but he can extend that reach with his biology, making standard katana's seem kinda small comparatively, plus he has those rib blades (which have Class M LS mind you), which are about 130cm in length as well, meaning, Santana straight up out ranges the weapon user, not by much of course, but the profile states he only has extended range, Santana can easily **** with that.

His foe's only actual advantage is precog, and precog only helps, it doesn't make you infallible, especially when you have to enter the range of a dude who can hit you from like ten different places all at once making dodging nigh impossible putting yourself at tremendous risk to even hit the dude,

Oh yeah, and acid? That's still fair game. The Demon Slayer res to acid isn't even close to being enough to save from Pillar men. Ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter how tough or durable the clothes were, acid is something that bypasses durability inherently, and unless it was specifically designed or had acid res built in to the clothes, it would be simply on par with literally any other piece of cloth, no matter how sturdy it is. That's how acid works, being tough doesn't effect how well it can withstand acid, it needs to actually be innately resistant. Meaning the Demon slayer acid res is only potent enough to save from what? Acid that melts through clothes? Sure that's fine and all, but Pillar Man acid is dumb as shit, it can completely dissolve a person on contact, clothes and all, in a instant, so fast that it makes it look like they phase, so fast that most others don't even realize that they dissolved. Not to mention it works on a cellular level. And is also potent enough to absorb low end vampires, which are tough in and of themselves.
Now I could be wrong, if the clothes were designed to be acid proof, that'd help out, but if not, whatever res they have isn't gonna be enough.
You make a pretty compelling case but I do feel like as if I need to clarify a few things even if they don't change the result. Surviving as just a head doesn't really help you resist the effect of Nichirin Blades since all demons also happen to have Type 2 Immortality and we see a fodder demon being completely fine as just a head without even bothering with reconnecting with his body at the beginning of the series. The Pillar Men's weakness to the sun working differently does help though.

I'm not sure about Santana's height but Tengen is 198 cm tall according to the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki compared to Joseph's 195 cm from the Jojowiki. Tengen's weapons are also not standard katanas really as they are two large blades connected with a chain which can in fact be seen on his profile picture to some extent and Tengen can use that to extend his range further than it would be with just one of them by swinging them with his fingers gripping one of the sword tips. The swords also have some explosive properties that can be triggered with a blow from them which is noted by the Standard Equipment section calling them explosive. Either way they are both at Extended Meelee Range (1 - 3 m) in terms of range, so the difference can't be too big and Tengen isn't exactly unfamiliar with opponents that outrange him since a good number of demons have higher range than Extended Meelee Range .

Tengen's Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction actually take some time to be applicable to their fullest extent but once they are they allow Tengen to keep up against an enemy who previously overpowered him and cut off one of his hands while he is heavily poisoned.

We do know that the acid can dissolve people though and there are in fact fourteen confirmed cocoons with the acid that had the liquified remains of people but due to the lack of a timeframe for how fast that would happen with regular people it can't really compare to Santana's acid for the purposes of this match.

Last edited:
OP can vote on their own matches threads btw
I know that they can. If I didn't know, I would have probably said something like that the OP can't vote on their own versus thread. The ones who have voted for Santana so far are Chariot190, Popted2, Epiccheev, Acer_, Veloxt1r0kore and FluffyCreatureZ which makes for six votes.

I know that they can. If I didn't know, I would have probably said something like that the OP can't vote on their own versus thread. The ones who have voted for Santana so far are Chariot190, Popted2, Epiccheev, Acer_, Veloxt1r0kore and FluffyCreatureZ which makes for six votes.
I counted you as a vote. You didn't vote?

You agreed with silver chariot so I assumed you were also voting.
What I said was that he makes a compelling case, I still had a few things to clarify in response to his points. If I'm voting, then I will outright say that I'm voting.

ahh not like it matters but i'll vote for tengen fra

While I think that in the early stages of the fight Santana will have a massive advantage, but I believe that as the fight continues to drag on Tengen should be able to read him pretty easily and get the win

ahh not like it matters but i'll vote for tengen fra

While I think that in the early stages of the fight Santana will have a massive advantage, but I believe that as the fight continues to drag on Tengen should be able to read him pretty easily and get the win
I really want tengen to win this fight man. But even the weakest pillar man is busted. The vampires however are free kills for the hashira. Anyway vote counted.

Back