• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using Speed to find Size?

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Me and some other user have been wondering about this matter for a while.

Often, characters flies into a zone of unspecified size at high speed. For example, Kirby flying at MFTL+ speed for quite some time into Marx's pocket dimension, or Touhou characters flying at FTL speed inside the dream world.

We wondered if that would be possible to use a character's speed to determine the size of a pocket dimension, if the size is unknown.

Since those feats are usually uncalcable, I'm not sure if that would fall into stacking.

It would be calc stacking most of the time, unless a speed is given within the canon. For MFTL+ characters, which have a massive range, calcing distances is out of the question. Maybe lower speds, but definately not MFTL+, the speed characters who traverse universes usually have

I would only consider this valid if the speed and timeframe is given in-series (i.e. Character X exceeds Mach 20 and crosses this space in under 20 seconds). Calced feats are obviously a no-no under our calc stacking rules.

I'm with Repuzzan, only way to use that if is the character has a stated speed, there's a timeframe and was said that the character travel from center to the edge or similar. However, that is almost unlikely than that happen in a franchise, is most likely that the size is stated

Then use the first method, when there a timeframe and a stated speed (or acceleration), but I guess that any complicated description ala CM could work; otherwise, there's no way to know the size of said universe

I don't think that is how it works, it will be calc stacking unless you have a confirmed speed

It is possible to find the radius of a specific area if said character is moving at a constant speed, as well as the travel speed being calculated.

That being said, if said character's speed starts to fluctuate, calculating the distance gets really iffy.

Yeah, sorry. This sounds like blatant calc stacking to me. If a size of the pocket realm isn't given, then we usually have to low ball it to what's in it (I.E. if it contains a planet, the we consider it "At least 5-B".

Unless they have literally infinite stamina and are said to be booking it as fast as they can, probably not.

Back