• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 5 (Chelshia vs Suzaku Kururugi)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Five days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the ghettos is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Peacekeepers and Capos is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Last edited:
Not sure of their Ap but I assume Kallen is in her Knightframe, if so a lot of attacks from Chelsia will likely be useless (example: the fire manip).

Kallen takes it due to flight.

Not sure of their Ap but I assume Kallen is in her Knightframe, if so a lot of attacks from Chelsia will likely be useless (example: the fire manip).
Yeah, this should be the Guren Flight-Enabled key.

Man, doing matches is hard.

Dunno, a spatial dome formed around them in a 500 meter radius. Kallen gets 20 meters maximum in fly height because of it.

Alright sick now it's fair lol.

What's the girl's main schtick?
Her giant robot has a large metal arm - it isn't restricted here due to it being listed as higher - which can pump shit with radiation - so if Kallen, in Guren - grabs Chelshia (which she can't escape since Guren has Class K LS and Chelshia has Class 1 LS), she, well... insta-dies via getting pumped with radiation (and heat) until her body pops into a molten mess. It also ignores durablity.

...Huh... True. Type 02 it is
Honestly, I would rather have the ceiling than not have the flight. Flight is just a nice and (with the ceiling) fair advantage to have. It's also a key with a higher scaling chain which I just would like for stat differences.
(We also have like 4 other flight users in the tourney and... well, you gotta deal with those somehow)
Her giant robot has a large metal arm - it isn't restricted here due to it being listed as higher - which can pump shit with radiation - so if Kallen, in Guren - grabs Chelshia (which she can't escape since Guren has Class K LS and Chelshia has Class 1 LS), she, well... insta-dies via getting pumped with radiation (and heat) until her body pops into a molten mess. It also ignores durablity.
Actually, she doesn't need to grab. I also almost forgot it, but looking up Kallen's fights she can actually shoot the microwaves.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Radiant Wave make her like, too high? Or am I wrong, can that not be restricted.

If it immediately kills people idk how something like that is allowed.

Doesn't the Radiant Wave make her like, too high? Or am I wrong, can that not be restricted.

If it immediately kills people idk how something like that is allowed.
In my understanding, the "higher" of Radiant Wave doesn't make her High 8-C if that's what you are wondering. It's just higher than her regular attack, I think. (So if we use the 8-C version it's just higher into 8-C, which shouldn't be above the AP limit)

Now if she is too hax... well, I warned about the microwaves when I nominated her and suggested Suzaku (Lancelot Conquista) as an alternative. But apparently, that level of hax was fine.

cAiMEFk.png

Kallen was okay because iirc her radio hax is a big **** off laser and as such dodgeable.

@DontTalkDT
No can do, Kallen has reliable killhax, stacking more shit in her favor would make her too strong

So no flight, but the microwave death laser remains? Huh, I guess that's fine. (What ya gonna do with the other flight users, though?)

Anyway, voting Kallen via climbing up the buildings with the hookshot things to shoot from above with her microwave laser.

So no flight, but the microwave death laser remains? Huh, I guess that's fine. (What ya gonna do with the other flight users, though?)

Anyway, voting Kallen via climbing up the buildings with the hookshot things to shoot from above with her microwave laser.
They get on the 20 meter air list

Wait a minute, can this Guren spam radio attacks back to back?
Uhhh... I think there's a small delay in which that gage thing fills? The anime doesn't explain that stuff in too much detail.
Don't think there is a scene where she spams it, though.

Last edited:
20 meters isn't much for a 4-meters robot.
Anyway, assuming Chelshia's calc is correct, we have a 0.5 (Kallen) vs a 0.2 (Chelshia)

That said, Chelshia seems to be in a general disadvantage, simply for being outranged by a giant robot that is more than twice as strong as her and with immensely higher LS, basically negating every cqc option, also because she doesn't seem to have the experience or the means to get into a fistfight against such an opponent.

Chelshia falls short even in a projectile fight, since she's already outmatched general range, her fireball won't likely be available for long, and then it's globes of pizza sauce vs I'M A' FIRIN' MAH LAZEEEEERR, and the dome is going to act as a trap for Chelshia

My bad, I took the first calc for reference.

This makes Chelshia more than 3x Kallen, which is indeed a lot.

Still, because of my aforementioned points, I'd say Kallen still has more chances (I didn't mention flight, forcefield and her own skill), it could just be more difficult is Chelshia manages to get closer.

Don't they start somewhat close to each other? If Kallen is reckless like her profile implies I don't think Chelshia has too bad of a disadvantage. If she can close the distance she can really start decimating Kallen's mech. She's fought with opponents way bigger than her before.

I didn't mention flight, forcefield
These aren't features of the mech being used. Those seem to only be in her third and fourth key.

Don't they start somewhat close to each other? If Kallen is reckless like her profile implies I don't think Chelshia has too bad of a disadvantage. If she can close the distance she can really start decimating Kallen's mech. She's fought with opponents way bigger than her before.

These aren't features of the mech being used. Those seem to only be in her third and fourth key.
Kallen is reckless, not stupid 🗿

I think starting distance is by SBA if I didn't miss anything?

Anything Chelshia can do if Kallen just climbs buildings? Battle takes place in that city with the high buildings, after all.

Kallen is reckless, not stupid 🗿

I think starting distance is by SBA if I didn't miss anything?

Anything Chelshia can do if Kallen just climbs buildings? Battle takes place in that city with the high buildings, after all.
Its a sealed off urban area, but lets just say 20 meters apart in a 100 meter area

if they only start 20 meters apart I don't think that it'd be problematic to close the distance. that can be closed in seconds.

Sure she's not stupid but would she take the precaution to just range spam against someone who isn't in like, a standard mech like she's used to? I'm just wondering if she'd go total zoner on a person on foot lol.

Its a sealed off urban area, but lets just say 20 meters apart in a 100 meter area
But if you say sealed off urban area, climbing buildings is still possible, yes?
if they only start 20 meters apart I don't think that it'd be problematic to close the distance. that can be closed in seconds.

Sure she's not stupid but would she take the precaution to just range spam against someone who isn't in like, a standard mech like she's used to? I'm just wondering if she'd go total zoner on a person on foot lol.
If you watch the last fight against Suzaku you see that they actually use vertical manoeuvring on multiple occasions. So using positioning to her advantage is something she does.
Now, one can argue that the lack of initial knowledge means that she will only use it later on in the fight, but from what I remember foot soldiers and civilians were usually killed by ranked attacks in the series. At least I can't remember the scene of someone just getting punched to death 🤔

Anyway, even at close range, Chelshia can at any time be exploded by giant microwave hand. And she, likewise, has no knowledge on her opponent so she doesn't know that she should avoid blocking that hand of the mech.

But if you say sealed off urban area, climbing buildings is still possible, yes?

If you watch the last fight against Suzaku you see that they actually use vertical manoeuvring on multiple occasions. So using positioning to her advantage is something she does.
Now, one can argue that the lack of initial knowledge means that she will only use it later on in the fight, but from what I remember foot soldiers and civilians were usually killed by ranked attacks in the series. At least I can't remember the scene of someone just getting punched to death 🤔

Anyway, even at close range, Chelshia can at any time be exploded by giant microwave hand. And she, likewise, has no knowledge on her opponent so she doesn't know that she should avoid blocking that hand of the mech.
You get... Shorter Skyscrapers. Make them 30 meters in height

I mean Chelshia doesn't block attacks in the first place. That's not really how she fights. It's mainly avoidance and I feel like it wouldn't take a genius to figure out "dodge that big beam".

I think it should be fairly easy to close the distance initially and Chel could smack her with attacks that are like, three times stronger than her.

One defense strategy Kallen has is just to hold the microwave hand before her and fire. So going into close combat really isn't that easy or safe for Chel. She might easily die just by Kallen trying to block her attack.
Kallen also has her hook for movement and as a ranged attack. As well as another cannon for range. So while she closes in Chel we be up against some strong projectile fire.
And Guren is a Mecha with replaceable parts. Even if Chel were to destroy a limb, it could actually keep fighting surprisingly well and at that point you bet it would keep distance.
As others have mentioned, Kallen has a big LS advantage, so getting grabbed in close combat is very bad... bad that was clear anyway.
Lastly, let me say that Kallen is immensely skilled, being able to operate a machine that humans supposedly shouldn't have been able to manoeuvre. She is a great fighter, as we see by the fact that she can keep up with Suzaku who has the Geass curse for his advantage and could with it even defeat a precognitive elite soldier.

If it's like, just easy to spam and it's a go to and kills in one hit then why is it allowed I still don't get it-

If her main defense strategy is literally the death beam then I don't see how this is fair-

Kallen was already nerfed three times in this thread. Most of her big advantages were limited to some extent.
If that's still too much for the tourney (that kind of) hax maybe shouldn't have been allowed to begin with. In which case Suzaku without restrictions would still win this.

Last edited:
idk if its fair for the tourney but the instant, spammable-seeming "kills you in a touch" beam seems pretty unfair in this specific match.

Sigh, ya can't be too strict nor too lax it seems. I cant win.

Okay, I have like, two ways to resolve this. Either we flip a coin, or I will switch Kallen to Suzaku and his Lancelot Conquista.

Back