• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading Post-Crisis Superman

You should probably modify the above post to include all of your links to the mentioned feats.

A friend of Classic game guys was nice enough to calc superman tanking keplers 50X blast

"I can not find the yield for Kepler's supernova
[3:37:24 PM] Devil Gundam: However I know that it was >2 FOE
[3:37:29 PM] Devil Gundam: So 2e44 joules
[3:37:53 PM] Devil Gundam: 50 times more powerful right?
[3:38:07 PM] Devil Gundam: That's 1e46 joules
[3:38:12 PM] Devil Gundam: Or multi-solar system level"

So Multi solar system? I mean we know have two calcs with the feats. sooooo

Seems like overrating to me.
Well you seemed wrong

His DC should be planet + and Star + with IMP, if he had multi-solar system DC, he wouldn't need IMP which is only said to be white dwarf. It's silly to be multi-solar system.

Too bad he has better feats as shown in the feats I have shown.

Also the scan of 50 times the supernova, he got hit with the shock wave and ran away from it. It's even said in the bottom scan that he would of gotten vaporized if he got hit by it.

No that was a ball of radiaton. not the blast itself. He was in the middle of the blast. the energy behide the blast would have killed him though.

Speed is off too, he is trillion times FTL -.- like really.

Yes really. Green lanturns casually fly to other galaxies. and superman is far above them as shown time and time again in comics.

Your downplaying is pretty insane. Your arguments are horrible and you clearly don't have enough knowledge on the character

And what better feats are this ? His punches are said to shatter small planets, and need IMP which was one of his strongest to hit star level. He has no solar system or higher feats. That's silly.

He can one shot people with his level of durability and can knock himself out. Which shows he can hit at that force.

That makes no sense, the blast behind him would kill him yet he was in the middle -.- that makes no sense, he got sent flying from the shockwave of the supernova, and on the bottom, it stats he would of gotten destroyed if it hit him. He never tanked or took the supernova.

It was intense radiation which would have killed him. Not the blast

My arguments are decent, they don't enolve fan-made calcuation just overrate an character that has statements clealry saying otherwise.

No they don't. And these fanmade calculations use better logic then yours. you arguments are MVC levels ore retardation

OphanimDMonkey said:
So you are aguing potency, problem is DC lacks the proof to show potency. And with statements saying otherwise, it then becomes potency to say. If he truly had that potency, he wouldn't have these statements showing far less. Series determines if they have potency, doesn't mean 1 series has it, all series have it. If he had that potency, he wouldn't need to IMP or do anything to extreme measures as he took, such as IMP the moon when according to you, can he can finger tap it and destroy it. It's silly, he is not that level. That's like me saying Saiyan saga Characters are MFTL+ since snake way according to the map is as long as a universe. Yet said only to be 1 milion km long.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/superman-last-son-sun-eater-feat-50-x-supernova

The blast was the intense radiation -.-

They are not, just fan-made logic to overrate an characters
Superman, being an iconic DC character, has been written for by dozens of authors over the years. Obviously he's going to have high-end feats as well as low-end feats. You can't just use one to disprove all the others. You need to compare them and evaluate the character's average power.

Also, no, the blast was not the radiation. The scan clearly shows Superman being hit by the blast before outrunning the radiation.

So you are aguing potency, problem is DC lacks the proof to show potency. And with statements saying otherwise, it then becomes potency to say. If he truly had that potency, he wouldn't have these statements showing far less. Series determines if they have potency, doesn't mean 1 series has it, all series have it. If he had that potency, he wouldn't need to IMP or do anything to extreme measures as he took, such as IMP the moon when according to you, can he can finger tap it and destroy it. It's silly, he is not that level. That's like me saying Saiyan saga Characters are MFTL+ since snake way according to the map is as long as a universe. Yet said only to be 1 milion km long.

This might be the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life. MVC at its finest

Concession accepted, it's clear that you have no counter for this.

Il just post what Aza said. he beat me to the punch

"Superman, being an iconic DC character, has been written for by dozens of authors over the years. Obviously he's going to have high-end feats as well as low-end feats. You can't just use one to disprove all the others. You need to compare them and evaluate the character's average power.

Also, no, the blast was not the radiation. The scan clearly shows Superman being hit by the blast before outrunning the radiation. "

Undylan said:
This is a MVC argument right here.
Let's not turn this site into MVC.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why people dislike MVC. I thought it was just the OBD's schtick.

I think you might be missing my point. Superman was being drained of power from the red sun radiation of the Sun Eater. However, he still flew inside of the Sun Eater and threw the bomb into it. He tanked the force of the Sun Eater exploding, but outran the radiation. This is all while he was severely weakened.

Please tone down the insults, and be polite towards another. Also, it is against the rules to talk badly about other communities.

Also, as I have said elsewhere, I really like post-Crisis Superman, but I have to start going through the points.

1) Fodderising Blue Lanterns is not particularly impressive unless they have Green Lanterns enhancing them.

2) Multi Solar-System level was calculated to need a bare minimum of 1.413x10^49 Joules for two very nearby solar systems, and that was being charitable, given that it was using a focused cylindrical, rather than spherical blast.

Also, given the extreme inconsistencies and contradictions between different writers and decades for Marvel and DC, the sizes of New Genesis and Apocolips likely cannot be scaled from a pre-Crisis appearance. We will need to be told how large they are either within the story that a feat happens, or through an official source, such as handbooks or editorial statements.

I will gradually check out the rest.

3) Again, this was another different story and writer, and being knocked out by simply shattering a planet does not speak well for either Multi-Solar System durability or per extension impact force.

4) Stating that an exploding Mageddon could vaporise half a galaxy and then absorbing that power is a more reliable feat, but it still seems somewhat iffy and unproven. Still, given that Mageddon even defeated Wonderworld, and was a weapon from the old gods before Apokolips and New Genesis, I suppose that it is possible. On the other hand, the reason why it defeated Wonderworld, which included lots of champions far more powerful than Superman, was because it made them fight each other to death, so again, it may be iffy. Maybe we could keep his 4-C rating as his normal statistics, and write that he may or may not have once absorbed Low 3-C level sunlight energy?

5) Tanking a blast 50 times the size of Kepler's supernova is a valid durability feat. The problem is that all such blasts tend to have extremely dispersed force, but I will look again.

Edit: The problem here is that he threw the bomb (?) away from him, so he didn't quite take the explosion at point blank range, and in addition, he only withstood the electromagnetic shock wave. It was stated that the following expanding ball of radiation would have incinerated him as soon as it touched him. He had to fly away from and outrace it.

That said, I also think that Superman should have MFTL+ flying speed.

Okay. I will check it out, but I think that it is better to handle it here, so that we can get input from more people.

I Do think superman needs to be updated still.

It would fit him being 4-A since his DC is only star level.

He also has clones and sisters that are near powerful as him as well.

I agree with Antvasima. Superman has way too many inconsistencies regarding his power levels. The most sensible thing to do would be to see his regular power levels. Superman always uses IMP as a last resort. Common sense dictates that a last resort attack is generally the strongest attack in one's arsenal.

Defeating Blue Lanterns is not impressive. The calc is fine, but Multi-Solar System level is of an order of 10^49. Where the **** does Supes say that he could destroy the galaxy? In any case, he didn't tank that energy, merely reprocessed it. It is also quite clear that the only reason he managed to survive is because he could process the Anti-sunlight, and not the raw energy itself. Seems like a biological durability feat rather than a regular durability feat. Lastly, the last panel might be a hyperbole, since we don't see the exact size. There's also the matter that Superman only withstood the electromagnetic shockwave. It was also quite clearly stated that he would have been incinerated by the radiation, had he not outrun the blast. Scans of Superman blitzing a Green Lantern in travel speed? Because it is otherwise inane power-scaling.

The current stats of Attack Potency and Durability are fine as it is, IMO. Only travel speed seems uncertain to me, at least as long as relevant examples for power-scaling can be shown.

Considering that as for right now, he's basically just above Superhuman in his stats...

Probably going to be temporary, the fandom doesn't like a non-hax Superman.

Superman's powers tend to fluctuate depending on where he as at any moment in time, given that his power is entirely dependent on how much solar radiation he's absorbed. He tends to be stronger in space than on Earth due to their being a much higher concentration of solar radiation in the vacuum of space. 4-C seems a reasonable standard or average stat for him, perhaps you could change it to something higher depending on whether or not he's under a blue star.

Back