• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Comics #1 - Giganta rework and various other additions

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Just a few stuff. Some kinda major, some not.

Firstly, Giganta rework.
  1. Black Canary's canary cry is currently unknown. Amazo is generally depicted as being in the 5-A character range, and she has defeated Giganta with the cry.
  2. Blue Beetle broke free from Giganta's grip. Here grip has consistently held Wonder Woman and Power Girl, so his LS should ben the same range as theirs.
  3. Luthor's fat armor has harmed Jason Rusch and Wonder Girl, so it should be 5-A
  4. Donna Troy should be 5-A (at least), since she's seriously harmed Etrigan and Atlas. There are dozens of other justifications for her being 5-A, but these are just two I had on me.
All citations are on the links.

Last edited:
Seems alright, but one question; Shouldn't she also be 4-B at peak just like the characters she scales to or am I missing something?

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:
Etrigan can punch Superman all the way to the moon - Action Comics #762 He didn't use magic here

It was a holding back Clark, but Etrigan took a punch from Supes that sent him flying in the same comic, and superman when holding back at this time is still a lot stronger than a lot of 4-Bs

Its stated that Wonder Woman cannot beat Etrigan in the long run, while Etrigan wasn't that serious - Demon Vol 3 #17

Atlas one shotted Steel - Superman Vol 2 #690 who can survive hits from and damage Eradicator in an earlier comic - Action Comics (1938) #689

So Donna should be 4-B, I would recommend you just read a little more

Excuse me? Eradicator died to a (at best) tier 6 attack and has gottn one-shot the moment Supermana put any effort in and Etrigan is never portrayed as strong as strong as Superman when he' not holding back. In the same comic, he got his ass kicked by Congorilla, who struggled against Giganta, a borderline joke character who loses literally every fight she's been in since the golden age. They're not the shining examples of consistently on-par witih Superman.

Atlas is the only iffy case but he has magic weird stuff that makes him do better against Kryptonians, which is why he tends to be damaged by far weaker characters.

Excuse me? Eradicator died to a (at best) tier 6 attack and has gottn one-shot the moment Supermana put any effort in and Etrigan is never portrayed as strong as strong as Superman when he' not holding back. In the same comic, he got his ass kicked by Congorilla, who struggled against Giganta, a borderline joke character who loses literally every fight she's been in since the golden age. They're not the shining examples of consistently on-par witih Superman.

Atlas is the only iffy case but he has magic weird stuff that makes him do better against Kryptonians, which is why he tends to be damaged by far weaker characters.
Excuse me? Eradicator died to a (at best) tier 6 attack and has gottn one-shot the moment Supermana put any effort in and Etrigan is never portrayed as strong as strong as Superman when he' not holding back.

Show me

In the same comic, he got his ass kicked by Congorilla, who struggled against Giganta, a borderline joke character who loses literally every fight she's been in since the golden age. They're not the shining examples of consistently on-par witih Superman.

You don't need to be on par with supes to be 4-B

Prove it, and prove he uses magic with physical power. Steel isn't kryptonian

First of all, tone down the hostility.

Second of all, I think Amelia has read more stuff regarding this than anyone around. She basically saved the entire verse at this point.

And thirdly, you might want to look at previous revision threads and why such ratings were decides for these characters. Also might want to look into rules of marvel and DC scaling. Especially when it comes to scaling everyone off Superman.

Anyway, Amelia, I think the large size can be put as type 1 from the description. And the intelligence section might need a few scans if you have them around.

First of all, tone down the hostility.

Second of all, I think Amelia has read more stuff regarding this than anyone around. She basically saved the entire verse at this point.

And thirdly, you might want to look at previous revision threads and why such ratings were decides for these characters. Also might want to look into rules of marvel and DC scaling. Especially when it comes to scaling everyone off Superman.

Anyway, Amelia, I think the large size can be put as type 1 from the description. And the intelligence section might need a few scans if you have them around.
I already did read the 5-A CRTs and the justification wasn't just because of Superman, I used Diana as a justification for Etrigan being 4-B as well

Except it is. If you have a problem with the scaling, create a new thread for it. This isn't it. Rn, she is 5-B - 5-A soon and is probably gonna be like that since most of her feat falls here.

because there is a big ass scaling chain here...

Also nothing you brought are even close to 4-B.

Etrigan can punch Superman all the way to the moon - Action Comics #762 He didn't use magic here
I mean this is tier 6
It was a holding back Clark, but Etrigan took a punch from Supes that sent him flying in the same comic, and superman when holding back at this time is still a lot stronger than a lot of 4-Bs
"It was a holding back Clark but it wasn't a holding back Clark". This is the level of statement you made, basically.
Its stated that Wonder Woman cannot beat Etrigan in the long run, while Etrigan wasn't that serious - Demon Vol 3 #17
...because Etrigan has Mid regen. That's what that scan means. Read.
Atlas one shotted Steel - Superman Vol 2 #690 who can survive hits from and damage Eradicator in an earlier comic - Action Comics (1938) #689
Meh isn't Eradicator kind of a jobber? But yeah one feat isn't overpowering the rest.

I would recommend you just read a little more
Asking people to read non-Vertigo DC
Monstrous.

But yeah, Donna doesn't look 4-B

None of these scans are sourced for the record, so you should do that.

Last edited:
You don't need to be on par with supes to be 4-B
...no you do, he's the character WITH the 4-B calc, so you either have to be comparable to him OR you have to tank the Infinite Mass Punch.

Like, sorry for multi-posting, but what are you talking about dude? You've made some REALLY silly points that actually send me into a state of confusion, that I kinda have to unravel it in steps.

I mean this is tier 6

"It was a holding back Clark but it wasn't a holding back Clark". This is the level of statement you made, basically.

...because Etrigan has Mid regen. That's what that scan means. Read.

Meh isn't Eradicator kind of a jobber? But yeah one feat isn't overpowering the rest.

Monstrous.

But yeah, Donna doesn't look 4-B
Why is it just tier 6? And I said that Clark when holding back is still above 4-B

He can't be 5-A and not get atomised by Wonder Woman in a long fight. Another feat is Grabbing zauriel by the head and smashing him - JLA Paradise Lost #1
Asmodel stomped and badly damaged the Martian Manhunter (I took it from his profile so I forgot the #)

What other feats contradict my Steel and Eradicator scaling?

Because in none of Etrigan's cases at least, Superman OR Wonder Woman, are trying to rip Etrigan's head off.

You have to prove they're using 4-B force and it possibly couldn't be lower.
Superman is still 4-B when holding back at this point of time. Superman was also pretty serious and Etrigan drew blood from him - Action Comics #762

...no you do, he's the character WITH the 4-B calc, so you either have to be comparable to him OR you have to tank the Infinite Mass Punch.

Like, sorry for multi-posting, but what are you talking about dude? You've made some REALLY silly points that actually send me into a state of confusion, that I kinda have to unravel it in steps.
You can simply downscale from someone

Why is it just tier 6?
...because it's a tier 6 feat
And I said that Clark when holding back is still above 4-B
...prove? Saying stuff's super easy, yeah.
He can't be 5-A and not get atomised by Wonder Woman in a long fight
No, Wondy can just not go for the kill. That works alone.
Another feat is Grabbing zauriel by the head and smashing him - JLA Paradise Lost #1
I mean, he scales by proxy to MMH who...
Asmodel stomped and badly damaged the Martian Manhunter (I took it from his profile so I forgot the #)
is really jobby iirc, dude can go from being >>> Superman, to only matching Plastic Man n stuff.

What other feats contradict my Steel and Eradicator scaling?
Yknow what, lemme research it myself, I'll get back to you on that :v
Superman is still 4-B when holding back at this point of time. Superman was also pretty serious and Etrigan drew blood from him - Action Comics #762
Being serious doesn't mean you'll ******* splatter your opponent on the sidewalk. This isn't the Boys, Superman being mildly upset doesn't make him a ******* murderer.

you do realise superman has 5-A durability, right? And he has too many anti feats even for that tier. Dude has been hurt by something far weaker. Drawing blood from superman is kinda easy
Ok, can you show me?

...because it's a tier 6 feat

...prove? Saying stuff's super easy, yeah.

No, Wondy can just not go for the kill. That works alone.

I mean, he scales by proxy to MMH who...

is really jobby iirc, dude can go from being >>> Superman, to only matching Plastic Man n stuff.

Yknow what, lemme research it myself, I'll get back to you on that :v

Being serious doesn't mean you'll ******* splatter your opponent on the sidewalk. This isn't the Boys, Superman being mildly upset doesn't make him a ******* murderer.
Why is it a tier 6 feat? Still don't get it

Superman always holds back subconsciously - JLA Classified 32

Why is Diana not going for the kill 5-A?

Matching plastic man was something Fernus did, who Martian Manhunter one shotted

Why is it a tier 6 feat? Still don't get it
...then what feat is it mate?
Relevance?
Why is Diana not going for the kill 5-A?
It's not, yeah. It's in fact, tierless. Shit's just not a feat.
Matching plastic man was something Fernus did, who Martian Manhunter one shotted
Source of this? Also source the issue he fought Plastic Man.

...then what feat is it mate?

Relevance?

It's not, yeah. It's in fact, tierless. Shit's just not a feat.

Source of this? Also source the issue he fought Plastic Man.
It means he holds back even when performing 4-B feats

Why is it not a feat?

I did include the source in the imgur link, don't tell me you're not opening them

JLA #84 - JLA #90

It means he holds back even when performing 4-B feats
??? Nobody disagreed with that. Relevance of it?
Why is it not a feat?
Because she's holding back to an unknown degree. Why IS it a feat?
I did include the source in the imgur link, don't tell me you're not opening them
I embed em on discord because imgur's more likely to not freak that way :v

Basic shit :/
K I'll check it later.

??? Nobody disagreed with that. Relevance of it?

Because she's holding back to an unknown degree. Why IS it a feat?

I embed em on discord because imgur's more likely to not freak that way :v

Basic shit :/

K I'll check it later.
So his 4-B feats are when he's holding back as well

Send scans of her holding back

@Confluctor There's really not much more I can show with Giganta's intelligence. She's occonsially shown to work at the same university a Ryan Choi and that's basically it. Maybe I can use a scan of that?

Eradicator was destroyed by the attack that destroyed Coast City (Superman [1987], #80). Even if you assume the attack is as strong as Cyborg Superman, it shows that he's pathetically weaker than a guy who in of himself isn't as strong as Superman. In a Rebirth storyline, Superman: Revenge, Superman mops the floor wiith Eradictor the moment he gets remotely serious. Yes this is technically an alt-world, but this was written in a time when the status quo was changed to resembe the Post-Crisis era

Back