• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update on Sponge Bob feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I haven't watched more than the first 30 episodes or so yet, but there he is consistently portrayed as extremely weak even compared to most Bikini Bottom citizens of the same size as himself. If the rest of the series continues the same way, the much higher power levels seem like unusual happenings.

Intellectually honest evaluations of other members who have watched more episodes would be appreciated though.

Take note that I am just advocating variable statistics, not consistently 10-C ones.

Tier 8 SpongeBob should be fine, ill be happy as long as 10-C is still somewhere on that profile

"Varies, usually 10-C, can be as high as 8-A"

The problem is that SpongeBob is almost always portrayed as a very weak 10-C, with a few notable exceptions, as far as I am aware, and our visitors are aware of this. As such, I think that it would be intellectually dishonest of us to portray him as consistently being of the higher tiers.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Damage3245 @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Ogbunabali

What do you think about this?
I mean there is literally a flipping parrot in the series that can harm a current-9-A Pirate.

Granted, there are instances of us giving Cartoon characters 10-C despite them having lots of infrequent higher showings. Timmy Turner for example:

Varies physically from Below Average Human level regularly (His small size & weak strength are repeatedly mentioned, mocked and exploited by other characters. Despite his Toon Force making him have numerous feats of superhuman strength, Timmy isn't regularly expected to be anything more than an average kid, being less competent in doing tasks fellow 10-year-olds were better at, which is a consistent part of his character)

How many tier 8 feats does SpongeBob have versus 10-C feats again?
Many of the 10-C feats were debunked such as Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength from Spongebob struggling to lift 2 teddy bears or 2 marshmallows on a stick, or humans being portrayed as superhuman consistently

Hell, we even have several tier 9 feats as well, most notably Bikini Bottom’s destruction

There are:

Squidina throwing a rock (8-B)
King Neptune throwing the Krusty Krab (8-A)
2 Squidward Rocket Crashes (8-C+ and 8-B)
So 4, should be enough to have tier 8 as a rating, SpongeBob has tier 10 feats is damn near every episode, the most you could give SpongeBob in a true solid higher then tier 10 tier is durability. Because SpongeBob is very consistently portrayed as an apsolute tank

So 4, should be enough to have tier 8 as a rating, SpongeBob has tier 10 feats is damn near every episode, the most you could give SpongeBob in a true solid higher then tier 10 tier is durability. Because SpongeBob is very consistently portrayed as an apsolute tank
Can you please show me an episode like that? And please don't just show "Oh he can't lift a teddy bear."

And this proves that you have never even looked at all of the debunks we literally just said, not to mention most episodes are how Spongebob barely does anything much so you cant say his AP is 10-C by default in that episode.

Yes, to go against this supposed tier 10.
There is one big crack for removing tier 10.

10-C SS pretty much correlates to AP with the only real exceptions being pure ranged fighters with no feats to the contrary, SpongeBob is not a pure ranged fighter and has feats of harming others in bikini bottom, but the point is that low SS and high AP for someone who is a melee for the most part is pretty dumb..

LS is a good point, frankly thst should've never been used for anything 10-C AP ever because that is completely stupid

So yes, 10-C SS feats for AP should stay, but the reasoning for 10-C SpongeBob should remove any and all LS feats due to LS=/=AP

10-C really needs to go for all reasons stated, period.

I haven't even got into how the "SpongeBob couldn't lift up a drink nor open up a ketchup bottle lol" argument is BS too. He literally works at a restaurant, where both of those things are commonplace.
Couldn't put it better myself.

SpongeBob has plenty of 10-C SS feats, which since SpongeBob isnt a pure ranged fighter with the right to have a lower striking strength then he has AP it scales to his AP without issue. Lifting Strength for AP is dumb and everyone knows it

the only thing that shouldn't ever and i mean ever be 10-C on Spongebob is Durability. Because Spongebob is extremely consistently portrayed as a tank

The more you spam, the less likely our staff is going to be to respond and resolve this issue. They do not want to read hundreds of posts.

The problem is that SpongeBob is almost always portrayed as a very weak 10-C, with a few notable exceptions, as far as I am aware, and our visitors are aware of this. As such, I think that it would be intellectually dishonest of us to portray him as consistently being of the higher tiers.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Damage3245 @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Ogbunabali

What do you think about this?
I haven't been keeping up with the thread. What feats have been calced and evaluated?

I do not have time or energy to read through all 400 posts, but Spongebob is a tiny fish character and it's a running gag that he isn't even strong enough to pick up a stick. Though yes, he occasionally demon straits feats much greater than that, but lifting strength especially is pathetic usually. Though, he is a typical cartoon character who is usually portrayed as being much more durable than they are physically strong. As for AP, that can greatly vary.

Some characters like Sandy Cheeks on the other hand is considerably superhuman in nearly every scene she's in; and tends to beat up various giant animals that terrorize residents of Bikini Bottom. But as Antvasima said, I overall think it's best of most Spongebob characters kept their variable tiers. Though, I do not mind durability feats sitting at superhuman levels in general, or that Sandy Cheeks is superhuman outright

I do not have time or energy to read through all 400 posts, but Spongebob is a tiny fish character and it's a running gag that he isn't even strong enough to pick up a stick. Though yes, he occasionally demon straits feats much greater than that, but lifting strength especially is pathetic usually. Though, he is a typical cartoon character who is usually portrayed as being much more durable than they are physically strong. As for AP, that can greatly vary.

Some characters like Sandy Cheeks on the other hand is considerably superhuman in nearly every scene she's in; and tends to beat up various giant animals that terrorize residents of Bikini Bottom. But as Antvasima said, I overall think it's best of most Spongebob characters kept their variable tiers. Though, I do not mind durability feats sitting at superhuman levels in general, or that Sandy Cheeks is superhuman outright
ok here we go I... suggest we come back when we replenish energy... Trust me its for the best its night where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back