• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update on Sponge Bob feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't judging him based on size exclusively, but he does often get stomped by other wild animals that lurk the sea. Though he has harmed characters with Wall level durability feats and the like before too.

Well, I obviously think that we should use the calculations. I just prefer if we use a compromise solution and use them as upper borders, at least for characters that are not consistently superhuman like Sandy.

Hence "Variable. At minimum 10-C, at maximum 8-B" or somesuch for SpongeBob.

Well, I obviously think that we should use the calculations. I just prefer if we use a compromise solution and use them as upper borders, at least for characters that are not consistently superhuman like Sandy.

Hence "Variable. At minimum 10-C, at maximum 8-B" or somesuch for SpongeBob.
Disagree like most people said, the 10-C is not needed especially when Cartoon Characters like Spongebob would have to be Street by that logic

Seeing the feats, I agree with Antvasima and DarkDragonMedeus that it's too inconsistent to be given an outright tier 8 for the cast.

All of the feats that would scale to the main cast are durability feats, not even AP feats (the reason this is important is because toon force/regen explains away a lot of them). Couple of the reasons provided for why they scale to each other's durability even contain anti feats like Squidward getting severely hurt by a normal table, or a door (which wouldn't be the case if he had tier 8 durability).

I don't mind if Sandy gets a high tier, because no one scales to her and she's consistently portrayed as superhuman much more powerful compared to everyone else. And Neptune, as I don't remember any reason why anyone would scale to him. But I don't see enough reason for rest of the main cast to be outright tier 8, when their regular showings contradict it. And the scaling between them is pretty dodgy.

Thank you for helping out Ogbunabali and Medeus.

It seems like our staff have reached a decision then.

Is this compromise good for Spongebob???

• Varies from 10-C usually, to 9-A, possibly 8-B at his peak (Spongebob, Krabs, Patrick)
  • The cast gets Stonewall durability
  • Sandy gets 9-A, possibly 8-B at her peak without 10-C due to the fact she is consistently superhuman
I'm fine with Sandy. But if we're going with a "Varies" tier durability should be varies as well.

Again. I'm fine with a varies but I am still leaning with the whole verse are not like ours therefore smite 10-C's ordeal. because very ******* clearly... when you have a puppet a ******* puppet that can hurt a pirate, or another pirate (Burger Beard) can survive being sent to bikini ******* atoll, or literal humans in a costume gorilla costume leaping out of butt **** nowhere and sustaining that landing... its clear we are not dealing with ordinary 10-C Bullshit as humans in that verse upscale in some way.

@Anomalous_N_I_W_D_E please settle down.

But anyway, yes we agree there are plenty of superhuman feats in Spongebob, and it's especially human characters who are indeed superhuman for the most part or "Land critters" in general tend to be much more superhuman than "Sea Critters" as Sandy Cheeks always puts it. So we should indeed rate those superhumans as superhuman tiers outright. But it's Spongebob and co especially that have a lot of antifeats as well. Which makes having a 10-C within the variable stuff fairly consistent for Spongebob and his friends.

Couple of the reasons provided for why they scale to each other's durability even contain anti feats like Squidward getting severely hurt by a normal table, or a door (which wouldn't be the case if he had tier 8 durability).
If buildings, signs and other objects don't get disintigrated by a Small Building explosion and the Krusty Krab no sells a City Block throw from Neptune, that would mean the durability of their belongings wouldn't be to far from the characters' own durability in their higher end feats(it wouldn't be that much of an anti-feat). Even a little hammer can hurt Sandy(the character most of you deem as a powerhouse above most of the other characters)

I don't mind if Sandy gets a high tier, because no one scales to her and she's consistently portrayed as superhuman much more powerful compared to everyone else.

In Karate Choppers SB won 2 duels against Sandy(he broke a metal door and bended a metal floor in these fights ) and they fought again evenly by the end of the same episode(they even shake that island on the surface, should be an impressive feat). He also accidently beat Sandy's Karate master who is defently comperable to her as they were sparring in the beginning of The Way of The Sponge. Patrick hurt Sandy twice in Band Geeks. Sure she's stronger than some of characters but its not like she is 100 times strength difference(also not everybody has her level of skill). Rating their Duarability that much higher compared to their AP means they'll get their hands pulverized when they try to hit themslves which is complete BOGUS. Patrick ripped his own his own hand. SB has done this many times. Patrick and SB cut themselves to pieces twice. Patrick, Squidward and Spongebob ripped their skin

And Neptune, as I don't remember any reason why anyone would scale to him.
It because bikkini bottom mites taking blasts from Neptune and his family(it was eleborated in the start of the thread)

Any proof it isn't just a reputation or the like?
He already has that ability on his page. I think he uses Hallucination Causation on Squidward in the end of Ghost Host.

There's countless of instances where SpongeBob has harmed/traded blows with other characters comparable to him though.

Here, here, here, here, here, here, here...

The list goes on.

Btw, SpongeBob "not being a pure fighter" is moot when one of his favorite hobbies is karate.
Just adding more example of hard SB balls are(I mean him kicking ass of course)
SB grapples an orca twice his size
He breaks glass with his bare hand
Strangles Mr.Krabs
Rips part of the ground
Creates an explosion that sends Patrick flying and destroys a good part of the Krusty Krab out of sheer anger
Kills mussels
He broke a certified indestructable shell by accident
Unintentionally squished the hand of another cook
Fought Patrick pretty evenly over a toy(keep in mind he compares Patrick's strength to that of a gorilla)
Tackles Larry the Lobster(leaving him impressed)
Makes the Flying Dutchman to struggle
SB breaks a thick brick wall to pieces. Patrick does that and more. He stops an out of control spinning Patrick with 1 finger. Patrick perfectly slices cinderblocks in 1 karate chop. He does that again with a sharpened, tempered steel sword, a rough iron steamboat, boatcars, buildings and other metal stuff
Spongebob shreds Patrick to pieces(so does Patrick to him)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back