• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unsure about this one but eh, Kratos Vs Gogeta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both at 2-C, Norse Kratos Vs Blue Gogeta

Speed is equal

They are in character

Fight starts with 150 meters between them

Blue boi:

Bald boi:

Inconclusive:

I'd say limit his kiao-ken to times 5. If i recall correctly kratos scales to 9 realms, right?

DTG499 said:
I'd say limit his kiao-ken to times 5. If i recall correctly kratos scales to 9 realms, right?
Yes. But you do know that you can't get any higher in this tier with multipliers right? A character that can destroy 3 universes isn't getting to the level of one that can destroy 15 with a five times multiplier.

So Gogeta, even at his strongest, would still be 4.5x weaker than Kratos. Not sure what that means for the match.

dragon ball is the exception because they have shown that multipiers do put you higher in 2-C. Its how gogeta got to 2-C in the first place

DTG499 said:
dragon ball is the exception because they have shown that multipiers do put you higher in 2-C. Its how gogeta got to 2-C in the first place
What? Gogeta has a multiplier that puts him far above the power of a character comparable to Beerus, which makes him 2-C. The scaling is what puts him this high, the multipliers just give him the necessary power to be above or comparable to two GoDs.

Unless you think SSB KKx20 can destroy the multiverse in a single blow.

its the statment from whis and vados saying that being twice as strong as a GoD makes you 2-C

Kratos stomps Gogeta can't beach 3 universes even with a multiplier of infinity, nine realms >>> 2 universes by our standards. I would suggest Gogeta fight different baseline 2-C characters because literally anyone higher than that AP stomps him into oblivion.

Zamasu Chan said:
Kratos stomps Gogeta can't beach 3 universes even with a multiplier of infinity, nine realms >>> 2 universes by our standards.
True, which is kinda dumb but we can't really do anything about that.

DTG499 said:
if that is the case how is he 2-C in the first place?
He scales far above a character who is stated to be comparable to Beerus. Both Whis and Vados point out that the combined ower of two GoDs would destroy both their universes, which is a 2-C feat. Since, Gogeta very likely scales above the power of two GoDs, then he's 2-C.

DTG499 said:
i swear i saw a thread of staff and mods saying dragon ball was an exception because of this statement http://i.imgur.com/rQwHfTi.png
I'm fairly sure they meant that having one's power scale into 2-C was the exception IIRC. The multiplier part comes from the fact that Gogeta uses one to get this strong, which isn't usually accepted under normal circumstances.

ok so being twice as strong as a low 2-C makes you a 2-C but putting a 2x multiplier on yourself doesn't move you up 2-C when its the same exact axium? How does that make sense to you?

DTG499 said:
GoD+GoD= 2-C Am I crazy for thinking thats a multiplier right there?
The fact that distances between universes are not only unquantifiable but may also vary means that even if that was a multiplier it still wouldn't allow Gogeta to scale further into 2-C. And the combined power of two GoDs being 2-C isn't a multiplier, it just so happens to be somwewhat discernible from the perspective of a Low 2-C.

DTG499 said:
that statement removes the unqauntiflable distance factor
We know X amount of power can destroy two universes, A third one could be anything from a few light-years to an infinite distance away, which is why even with his multipliers, he's still baseline as the power required to breach the distance to other universes is still unquantifiable.

Zamasu Chan said:
Yep, every 2-C character that doesn't share the same AP is infinity apart.
Well, not really. They ca be infinitely apart or the difference could be negligible but since we can't really ever know, only feats or logically consistent scaling can move you further up Tier 2.

Which seems completely asinine to me since Dragon Ball Characters has already displayed the ability to cross the distance between Timelines but aight :/

Akreious said:
Which seems completely asinine to me since Dragon Ball Characters has already displayed the ability to cross the distance between Timelines but aight :/
There's also the matter of distance between timelines likely being inconsistent. If I destroy two universes that are A light-years apart, even if I amp my power with a 5 times multiplier, if the nearest universe to those aformentioned two is 50A light-years away, them I'm not moving from baseline.

@planck69 There are no showings of inconsistent distances between the universes. When whis put up a display of the multiverse it showed them all being equal in distance from each other. There has been nothing in the series that has shown otherwise.

DTG499 said:
Then how is gogeta 2-C!!?? He is only 2-C from scaling!
He scales far enough above half the power needed to perform a 2-C feat that he was given the tier outright. However, he cannot move further up the tier with up-scaling alone. He either needs to showcase feats or scale to something or someone equivalent.

that makes no sense, so a multiplier works when moving from 1 timeline to 2 timelines but not further? He is moving across the same axium with the same type of multiplier. The feat proves that multipliers do in fact move you up the 2-C tier.

DTG499 said:
that makes no sense, so a multiplier works when moving from 1 timeline to 2 timelines but not further? He is moving across the same axium with the same type of multiplier.
The multiplier isn't what's important here. Hell, the wiki doesn't even agree on what the SSJ multipliers actually are. With a multiplier, he achieves power equivalent to what is needed to perform a 2-C feat. Anything beyond that requires feats or something similar since the distance between universes on the axis may not be constant and some could be far further away (even infinitely) from others.

well here is the thing we know the univeres are the same distance away from each other. The feat is proving mutlipiers work. Yeah they do agree on SSJ mulitpliers.

DTG499 said:
well here is the thing we know the univeres are the same distance away from each other. The feat is proving mutlipiers work. Yeah they do agree on SSJ mulitpliers.
Start a thread asking what the SSJ multipliers are and watch the fireworks. Look, I've tried to explained it the best I could. I even agree that our current stance on the Low 2-C to 2-C gap has some holes (I could give an example but that's not important right now) but until some miraculous scientific discovery or another tiering system ovehaul, this is how we treat Tier 2.

But dragonball has shown to be the exception to that rule that is how the 2-Cs got there in the first place. So we give way that certain exception when that feat flips the rule on top of its head?

DTG499 said:
so ok this how it works in your eyes
GoD+GoD= 2 timelines

GoD+GoD+GoD=/= 3 timelines??
Um, yeah? Let's say Alice and Bob are powerful aliens that are equal to each other. In a heated battle, they throw their strongest attacks at each other and their combined energy destroyed two galaxies that are 50 light-years apart in a single blow. Charlie is another alien on their level we're introduced to. Can you actually determine the combined power of the three can destroy three galaxies when the third can be anywhere from 50 to infinite light-years away (assume the universe is High 3-A)?

And that's what we see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back