• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: this sites obsession with rendered images is downright stupid

i know this is on the fun and games board but this really is an opinion of mine. this site is obsessed with using rendered images but rendered images arent automatically better than the original with the background.

a lot of the rendered images used for profiles are very crappy renders with bits of the background still remaining around the character which downgrades the overall image quality and just makes it look a lot less clean and polished.

for example, this profile:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Orochi_(One_Punch_Man)#Second Form

the renders used here are awful and the non rendered counterpart looked far better

I mean that's subjective. Rendering really clears up all the noise of the background and puts more focus on the character. Also, your example isn't really a good one, considering that Orochi's background is black and white, just like the character. Maybe a character like Nicol Bolas would benefit from having a background.

Also renders aren't an obsession, many pages on the site have characters with backgrounds. Destiny and Magic: The Gathering are examples, just to name a few.

Back