• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

Its generally related to Absorption (by storing stuff in one stomach) or Natural Weaponry (due enhanced bite), also enhanced metablism, but don't think we have a power for that.

We do not have Consumption tho. However, since I plan to change (or expand) Superhuman Physical Characteristic (planning to call it Superior Condition), it could be convered there.

I was thinking that Super Eating (or another name) could be something.
Basically the ability to eat everything, ranging from every type of food regardless of species-specific conditions, including rotten food and poisons, to consuming any type of organic or even inorganic matter and maybe beyond, for cases I can't think of at the moment.

I also already seen this addressed a few times and being associated with Adaptation, but it's not quite the same.
Could the videogame thing where common food heals you be incorporated in that perhaps?

Unless the food have supernatural healing properties, or the character specifically heal itself by eating (absorption), that is generally game mechanics.

medical equipment mastery, for people with healing from medical equipment rather than an actual ability and for times like when Polnareff patched up the chunks vanilla ice had taken out of him with bits of curtain

That would still be healing but done differently. I'm for splitting healing into types tho.

Should there be a passive ability ability? I.e. the ability to have passive abilities. It would further encourage the mentioning of which abilities are passive and would be a good place to clarify our standards regarding stuff like that.

Should there be a passive ability ability? I.e. the ability to have passive abilities. It would further encourage the mentioning of which abilities are passive and would be a good place to clarify our standards regarding stuff like that.
I think that's a good idea actually, could function similarly to the Resistance page on profiles, just adding "Passive" linking to the page before an ability.

This is a good idea but what would the standard format look like?

It could just be another section like Resistances. Just have something like “Passives: Fear Manipulation” and you’re done. That’s actually a really good idea.

It would be more of a P&A category that a power by itself; not that I oppose to it.
We have a few abilities like that. Like Magic or Durability Negation.

This is a good idea but what would the standard format look like?
Of the page or on the profiles?

On the profiles, I guess one would simply go "Passive Ability1, Ability2, Ability3 and Ability4, Resistance to...." with Passive linked to the page.

The page format itself, would just be your usual P&A format, I guess.

So it might look something like this:

Passive Abilities (name up to debate)​

Summary​

Passive Abilities are abilities that a character almost always has activated. They often come in the form of aura's or physiological features. The great advantage of an ability being passive is that it doesn't need to be consciously activated at the beginning of a battle and can hence be effective even against much faster characters. It also lets the character focus on taking other actions while the abilities do their job.
Keep in mind that, just because a character could leave an ability active at all times, that doesn't mean it's passive. A character actually needs to have it activated at almost all times for it to be considered passive. As such an ability being passive is not just about how the ability works, but also about how it is used.

Limitations​

• An opponent might start outside the range of a passive ability and hence not be affected.
  • Despite an ability being passive, it might not take instantaneous effect. A passive cloud of poison around a character would, for example, possibly first need to be breathed in and the poison might take time to affect the opponent.
  • Passive abilities are not per default assumed to manifest their effects in stopped time.

Users​

• Character1
  • Character2
  • Character3

Last edited:
Abilities that are "active", rather than passive may also be worth their own subsection or so.

Aren't that all non-passive ones?
Or am I missing something? Like, what would be an example of an ability that is neither active nor passive?

By general rule, powers are either active or passive; maybe you could add an independent category, that is basically whose effects act indpeendently of the users's stats and awareness.

And as additional note, passive powers wouldn't work while time doens't not passes (i.e, time stop), not by default.

By general rule, powers are either active or passive; maybe you could add an independent category, that is basically whose effects act indpeendently of the users's stats and awareness.
I think I still can't quite wrap my head around it. If powers are either active or passive, then wouldn't it suffice to specify which are passive, as everything else can be assumed to be active then?
For independent: is it supposed to be a type of passive or an entirely separate ability entirely? Can you give an example that shows the difference between that and usual active and passive abilities?
Edit: Thinking about it again, do you mean what is basically a passive ability, but which needs to get activated by the character manually because they don't have it activated most of the time?

And as additional note, passive powers wouldn't work while time doens't not passes (i.e, time stop), not by default.
Sure, I can add that to the limitations.

Last edited:
Independent is basically that the attack happens independently of the character awareness and stat, but is not quite passive (take for example, and a flying flame around the character that has its own stats). Passives that needs to be activated first are a thing as well.

I meant abilities that have to be activated manually by the user or so (Rather than always being active), but once they are they are passive.
Hmmm... One could make two Types of passive, with that being one. It would probably save some revision work. On the other hand, it sounds like it would make notation on profiles kinda weird. Like "Passive (Type 1) Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation and Mind Manipulation".
Soooo... I'm split. I guess I'm more in favour than against it.

Independent is basically that the attack happens independently of the character awareness and stat, but is not quite passive (take for example, and a flying flame around the character that has its own stats). Passives that needs to be activated first are a thing as well.
Ok, I think I get it now. So you mean the ability to create an entity, object or supernatural effect, which independently can act according to its own judgement, which could vary in complexity from a defined pattern of actions to proper sentience.

If we do such an ability I would differentiate between two types. The first being something like the contingency spell in D&D, i.e. effects which are automatically activated if some condition is met. The other would be creation of something sentient or close to sentient that does combat on its own, which would include anything summoning related.

Would a weakness ability work?

Here's what I think:
Some characters are weak to certain things but to certain degrees.

I think it could be split into types but it doesn't have to:

Type 1 - Minor Weakness

This is where people may take more damage or experience more pain, it doesn't affect anything deep and just makes attacks of these kinds more efficient to use against people with this.

e.g Venusaur has a Type 1 weakness to Fire Manipulation

Type 2 - Concerning Weakness

This is where people who have this can suffer quite alot with it, their skin can be affected in a few cases and will cause the users lots of pain when they come across people who can counter them

e.g Dio from JJBA has a Type 2 Weakness to Hamon

Type 3 - Major Weakness

People can die from attacks that have this against them, usually put in critical state through one or a few attacks, this is the most severe version and users should have some way to protect them self

e.g Humans have a Type 3 Weakness to Rabies (without treatment)

It would probably be most used in Pokemon profiles but a few other characters from many, many verses will be able to use this as well, it may change up matches and it was ment to be an opposite to Resistances

Ok guys, I was thinking we should merge Psychometry into Information Analysis and make a page for Retrocognition.

What does everyone think?

If any, I would suggest to merge Psychometry with ESP, with not sure about merging Info Analysis as well. Nothing against the creation of Retrocognition.

Huh. Wonder why that wouldn't just be Enhanced Senses.

As a general rule, Enhanced Senses cover the conventional five senses, refering to those being heightened or simply having more awareness; meanwhile, ESP is having a sixth sense, it what cover stuff like clair-anything (clairvoyance, claircognition, clairempathy, etc.), psychometry, spider senses, etc.

Would it not be easier to just merge the two and set them as types? Type 1 would be enhanced physical senses and type 2 would be supernatural senses.

Regardless, Psychometry is a pretty useless page since it's just Retrocognition through the medium of touch. Tons of characters have retrocognition without the need for contact, like Clockwork, and gaining information from such a phenomenon would be Information Analysis, much like Tony Stark's holograms.

It would make sense, but it would also mean a lot of work to fix all profiles accordingly, given how common the two powers are.

I could mention it to Ant and make it a summer break project.

A lot of redundancy can be fixed if we actually put in the effort to fix them.

Back