• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

There's Fission or Fissionism: https://vsbattles.com/threads/two-n...y-that-isnt-necessarily-broadway-force.109189

I started the thread, but I believe Antoniofer's and Armorchompy's arguments both for and against Fissionism will help strengthen its case. That and Antoniofer's idea of fissionism as a counterpart of Fusionism should be a definitive way to set Fissionism apart from everything else. I suggest reading up Armorchompy's and Antoniofer's points and my summary before drawing conclusions.

You can make a draft in your sandbox and show it here, a new page for a power needs its own topic, but it would be nice to discuss it a bit here

Ant said that it wasn't the right moment to discuss a change in the standard format (even if it was an optional section) but agreed on applying it as a customization of the profiles (Just like I did with the characters from Metal Slug)

Well, it would be an optional change, so it wouldn't really change much beyond making this "formally" allowed.

Welp, some time ago I created a draft for Object Manipulation (most be somewhere in the site...); since weapons are objects, and we couldn't create a page for every single object category, that power can be used instead.

The power seems like a more vague combination of multiple powers that could end up as detrimental for indexing out of leaving out details, by assuming that just by "manipulating" a weapon you get multiple of the powers listed.
It also doesn't make indexing easier to understand or do (Best case scenario out of the above, users would have to use unnecessarily more words just to list what such power page would cover, making it redundant), just listing stuff like "Telekinesis (Can use X with this)" or so is enought

Doesn't have to assume anything; similar with Organic Manipulation, people simply use it to link it to the page (like writing Weapon Manipulation in the profile, linking it to Object Manipulation page). Wouldn't recommend it to be Telekinesis, as it is manipulating matter in general (of course, powers can have limitations, but only limited to a type of object is ripping the essence of TK).

Weapon Manipulation for somebody manipulating a specific weapon would be a lot better than just listing telekinesis.

My point is that this new power page wouldn't make indexing any more clearer than what we already do with other power pages, at most this is just Weapon Mastery + (insert complex weapon uses here).

Pig Physiology
Is this a joke? At least specify which verse this would relate to. a "Pig Physiology" page in general isn't any more useful than "Human Physiology" one, for instance, and there's hardly anything to index that wouldn't be something that is to not be generalized unless it's not even a power to begin with.

While creating Lilith's profile, was trying to think of what to classify her ability to control her tentacles as. Basically they are all linked to her mind, and she controls them with it. She can have each tentacle do separate actions at the same time, in other words her mind is issuing commands to them/thinking about 8 different things at the same time.

Then i remember when reading Kumo desu ga years ago, she had the ability to think about multiple things at the same time, and sure enough Kumoko has it on her profile.

Rimuru has too where he can have his ability analyze things, without it occupying his thoughts.

Anyway this is a big advantage in battle, you could for example come up with strategies to counter your opponent while actively fighting them, think it deserves to be a power, idk what it would be called, i guess "Parallel Thinking" as it's called on Kumoko's profile is fine.

Interesting.

Hypothetically if Lilith or Rimuru didn't have their other feats, how smart exactly would this make them? Genius?

Nobody ever brings up parallel processing in vs fights, when it's a big advantage, i just today paid attention to it myself, some of the other really smart characters i made might have too, but would have to check.

I do think that's less of a feat of intelligence and more of an actual ability since things like coordination aren't inherently tied to intelligence.

Instinctive Reaction is based solely in reacting without thought, what's spoken about above very much requires thought.

No, instinctive reaction is being able to react without thinking, this is being able to think multiple things at the same time.

I mean it has similar results, if you automatically dodge things, you can spend that time thinking about your next move, parallel processing though there is no auto dodging, just that while fighting or doing anything else, you can have multiple train of thoughts going like solving a math problem in one thought, and in the other making plans for dinner in another.

Instinctive reaction is more combat focused, while parallel processing is useful in general, if you are in combat you can both focus on the fight and plan your next move, and if you aren't in a fight you could do what Senku did, both constantly count every second for 3,700 years, while thinking about other subjects at the same time.

Last edited:
Multi-tasking actually is a faux version of parallel processing since multi-tasking doesn't actually let you think about two things at once.

I know I brought it up in the old threads a few times and it already got shut down, but I can't remember why and I'm too lazy to look back so I'll just ask again.

Is there a reason not to make Shockwave Manipulation/Shockwave Projection into a power? It keeps being labeled as Air Manipulation plus Vibration Manipulation despite not fully being either, and enough characters extensively rely on them that it seems worthy of being its own thing.
And I don't mean literally any character that produces shockwaves ever, but those that specifically exploit or rely on them.

A character having a fighting style in which they rely on shockwave punches or slashes doesn't imply that they can control the air or control vibrations, just that they know how to exploit the shockwaves they produce.

I was thinking that Super Eating (or another name) could be something.
Basically the ability to eat everything, ranging from every type of food regardless of species-specific conditions, including rotten food and poisons, to consuming any type of organic or even inorganic matter and maybe beyond, for cases I can't think of at the moment.

I also already seen this addressed a few times and being associated with Adaptation, but it's not quite the same.

If anyone can give feedback on the order page it would be great.

Also super eating seems to sometimes be resistance to disease and poisons, and when eating metal and stuff, i believe it is those powers/phrases with no links.

I think the only type that would be worthy of pages are those for eating stuff that shouldn't be normally digestible like metal or acid, and getting nutrients from it, kinda like a vore version of absorption.

Back