• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe level Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option H: Merge 3-A, High 3-A to 3-B since it involved the destruction of matter, not space-time. Also, have option E: all universal feats are Low 2-C until proven otherwise rather than being 3-A.

You guys drive me crazy and make me smile at the same time. We're like the internet version of the Addams Family.

Anyway, I'm too tired to keep arguing. Agnaa and Matt likely will not change their minds even I offered them a billion dollars so, against my better judgment, let's just go with Option B since that's the most agreed upon one.

Sera EX said:
You guys drive me crazy and make me smile at the same time. We're like the internet version of the Addams Family.
Anyway, I'm too tired to keep arguing. Agnaa and Matt likely will not change their minds even I offered them a billion dollars so, against my better judgment, let's just go with Option B since that's the most agreed upon one.
I was serious though. I do think the proposal about changing 3-A name would not do much and only be cosmetic, to be honest.

I also think it would have been a good idea to pull all of the options when making the CRT, Sera EX.

Sera EX said:
let's just go with Option B since that's the most agreed upon one.
Hold on. So if somebody simply posesses an infintie amount of power. Would that mean they would be low 2-C? Or would they have their own tier?

When I think about it option B required a lot of revisions because it would mean all higher dimensional being in Low 2-C would be 2-C and also a revision of the tiering system.

B. Probably the most scientifically accurate solution is to merge High 3-A and Low 2-C as infinite three dimensional space is more relevant than mere four dimensional time. Time without space is meaningless and therefore treating a temporal dimension as superior to a spatial dimension attack potency wise is pretty bad and we've been ridiculed for it for ages, one of the ridicules I begrudgingly agree with. Keep in mind we would be putting universe level feats at whichever tier designation we keep, High 3-A or Low 2-C. 3-A will still become Low Universe level.

I'm too busy, I do have a daughter after all. Options F through J were inferior to the first five so I didn't bother with them.

I still strongly want 3-A to have a name change too but I don't see it happening.

I thought that the Matthew/Azathoth option was somewhat different from option B?

Wow i'm not getting credit despite saying this first huh

The way I suggested it was to make High 3-A into the upper border of 3-A (so it just doesn't cap, and allows for any amount of 3D power) and have the partly 4D people go off of their other feats and have that stuff classified as space and time manip. Oryx, the Taken King's second key would be an example of that.

Option B instead wants to merge High 3-A in the other direction, equating it to Low 2-C.

Antvasima said:
I thought that the Matthew/Azathoth option was somewhat different from option B?
Yes

Matthew Schroeder said:
My idea:

3-A starts at the Observable Universe level we already have it as, and it continuous arbitrarily with no defined end.

Low 2-C and High 3-A merge.
I honestly think this is a good solution that will solve some issues. Under this, I also believe that the most basic assumption for "universe level feat" would stay 3-A, as even if we assume "the universe stretches infinitely" (which we still don't know because we can't observe it, so it can be hard to assume unless a verse tells it to us flat out), making a big explosion that wipes out everything shouldn't be treated the same as wiping out all of space and time, by default.

Would type more, but on my phone, so eh.

Sorry about that Wokistan. I have a lot to keep track of at once.

Anyway, yes, Wokistan's option is what we seem to have agreed about.

Oh yeah. I meant Matt and Azzy's suggestion.

I still think 3-A should be Low Universe level, which would make the new High 3-A Universe level.

Tier 2 can start with just 2-C. I find it odd to put a Universe Tier with the Multiverse boys, especially when Tier 2 on the tier system page is called "Multiversal".

I don't even care about feats being Low 2-C by default anymore, I never did actually, I just suggest we treat the observable universe as no more significant than it really is, just a region of the universe.

Infinite power will be infinitely above baseline 3-A, so At least 3-A

@Serenade.EXE So under the 3-A explanation, would we also include someone with infinite three dimensional power as an alternative to destroying the observable universe?

Odd question, but what if they could multiply their 3D power by infinity x infinity?? or infinity to the power of infinity?

What if a verse treats those infinite power boost as 1 infinity = an additional dimensional busting power??? or like ignores that logic that its still 3-A

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
What if the verse in question treats those infinite power boost as 1 infinity = an additional dimensional busting power??? or like ignores that logic that its still 3-A
If they treat it as higher dimensional, then it would be treated as such. Higher dimensional is still infinite. It is just a far greater infinity than normal. 1 infinity could potentially mean anything. But on its own it is just infinite 3D unless shown to be higher.

Assaltwaffle wrote:

I mean technically it isn't an infinite gap to start with. At certain levels of energy density you can warp space and even open black holes. Eventually said black hole would become large enough to collapse the entire universe into a singularity, space, time, and all.

This was from another thread. This is probably the case for verses that are vague when it comes to the interpretation of "universe". It's more of an educated guess tho. Also adding to what Sera said before, low 2-C is technically the whole universe itself, and 3-A/High 3-A should be for verses that differentiate different levels of universe. Even normies think tiering goes: galaxy level, multi galaxy level, universe level, then multiverse level. It's like the OBD in a way.

Sera EX said:
I don't even care about feats being Low 2-C by default anymore, I never did actually, I just suggest we treat the observable universe as no more significant than it really is, just a region of the universe.
We could still clarify that when defining the lower border of 3-A. It will be hard to find one otherwise, as we likely have nothing better to go by.

Sera EX said:
Infinite power will be infinitely above baseline 3-A, so At least 3-A
If we use 3-D infinity as the upper border of 3-A, wouldn't it fit there instead?

RotofBots said:
So what tier would characters who are currently ranked as High 3-A due to "limited 4-D" go into?
Apparently Low 2-C, as long as it has been clarified that 4-D is qualitatively superior to all 3-D characters in the verse.

Zamasu Chan said:
Assaltwaffle wrote:

I mean technically it isn't an infinite gap to start with. At certain levels of energy density you can warp space and even open black holes. Eventually said black hole would become large enough to collapse the entire universe into a singularity, space, time, and all.

This was from another thread. This is probably the case for verses that are vague when it comes to the interpretation of "universe". It's more of an educated guess tho. Also adding to what Sera said before, low 2-C is technically the whole universe itself, and 3-A/High 3-A should be for verses that differentiate different levels of universe. Even normies think tiering goes: galaxy level, multi galaxy level, universe level, then multiverse level. It's like the OBD in a way.
This too more or less.

Apparently Low 2-C, as long as it has been clarified that 4-D is qualitatively superior to all 3-D characters in the verse.

That still seems weird, because those characters were in High 3-A instead of Low 2-C in the first place because they couldn't affect entire timelines. Is the definition of Low 2-C going to be changed to allow for characters who are 4D but can't affect entire timelines?

Wouldn't causing a singularity (large enough black hole) to occur just be low-2c via a chain reaction, and not a result of the characters actual busting power???

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Wouldn't causing a singularity (large enough black hole) to occur just be low-2c via a chain reaction, and not a result of the characters actual busting power???
This isn't the thread to be discussing feats for a specific verse.

Come on, please stop asking the same thing that's been answered over and over again. It's giving me a headache...

Limited 4D is being removed, that means those few characters that are High 3-A for being 4D are getting put at Unknown where they belong. They don't have feats anyway and if they did, you'd put them at the level of their feats.

I was just using an example not talking about any specific verse really. I was just confused on something and they helped cleared it up for. Though, the one you quoted was a question from someone elses example above.

I don't really like having a hole for that dimensionality, but if that's how it is it's how it is.

I agree with 3-A capping at infinity and removing high 3-A's low 4-D nonsense. I also agree with 3-A being low universe level and low 2-C being universe level.

What hole?

For featless 4D. Featless below-D, 0-D, 1-D, 2-D, 3-D, 5-D, 6-D... infinite-D all have a tier. Only featless 4-D would get put as unknown.

Granted there is a featless "a whole number between 5 and 6"-D that's put at Unknown, but that's because we can't change the tiering system for one insanely specific character. It kinda sucks to have 4-D be unaddressed in the same way as the other tiers can be.

Featless anything should be Unknown unless it has power scaling or statements to substitute for the lack of feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back