• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe level Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are running out of time, and I am running out of patience. This might be the last thing I do. Too stressful.

@Zamasu I mean it is part of the discussion. And waiting for Ultima's revision won't have much of a point since I am only speaking about 4-Ds who would fulfil the requirements for infinite transcendence not just any random character described as 4-D.

I'll let Ultima or Matt handle the limited 4D mess. I want to focus on this with what little room we have left:

Ven proposed:

We shouldn't merge a High 3-A with any tier in that way. Instead:

*Perhaps 3-A should be Low 3-A (Observable Universe = Low Universe level)

*High 3-A becomes 3-A (Baseline Universe up to an infinite universe = Universe level)

*Low 2-C becomes High 3-A (4D space time continuum = High Universe level) because Tier 2 should just be Multiversal.

But, if you prefer Low 2-C over High 3-A, that's fine.

I like this. That way we don't lowball universal feats to the observable universe and we don't highball them to space-time feats.

However it needs tweaking. Criticism will be directed at the fact that we don't have a value for the whole universe. So I suggest tweaking Universe level to being all physical matter up to the infinite universe rather than just "the unknown universe".

It seems more logical overall, but I don't know if this amounts to much more than an aesthetic change. I guess if everyone wants this I don't have much reason to oppose it.

The meaning of 3-A, Low 2-C and high 3-A are really ingrained into my mind so it would be quite weird seeing the tiers mean something else entirely from now on.

It's an inaccuracy that needed to be changed long ago. It's why I want to do something about it now.

Ok so I just want to get this "3-A of low 2-C" business out of the way. Can we stop throwing definitions at each other? They don't disregard each other and we should all know that a universe generally has space and time. Meaning, vague universal feats or statements are low 2-C unless the verse itself actually shows otherwise. Ie saying what kind of universe it is, visually showing it or depending on the cosmology. We also have to remember the fiction isn't the same as relativity. Universe level imo should be low 2-C mainly because it's fiction, and just because the author isn't a scientist doesn't mean that they're verses get punished for it. Not all authors know what a 3-A even is, they would just say universe. A thing I wanna bring up is authors intent and death of the author. The author may think the feat in their story is 3-A when they actually made a low 2-C feat and vice versa.

Having 3-A as a baseline for anything universal is just downplay and ignoring what a universe actually is imho. 3-A isn't a universe, it's what's inside a universe, low 2-C on the other hand, is a universe. When I'm gonna say I'll destroy my whole house, that doesn't mean I'm only gonna destroy what in my house. But what the hell do I know, I'm just a wanker amirite.

We dropped that hours ago, Zamasu. No one's currently arguing that.

Question.... Why not give those high 3-A's "higher Dimensional manipulation" for affecting time/4th Dimension/ on a limited scale.... And/or time hax for time destruction with maybe concept manipulation for destroying time on a limited scale....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back