• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne LS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question about Undyne's boulder lifting feat, is there any proof it's actually a Class 50 feat? You never actually see the boulder she's lifting so it sounds kinda unquantifiable. It's pretty subjective what would count as a "large boulder" so I feel like this may need to be revised.

Not sure. We know it is a huge one. Due to undertales cartoonish gag nature, it is easy to imagine undyne suplexing a boulder that is four times her height in diameter mid fight for joke purposes. But unfortunately we dont get any real explanation, so it is hard to say. This may help. Assuming the boulder to be 4 foot (anything lower likely wouldnt qualify as huge), it would be class 5, bordering on class 10. At leat going by the estimate in the image

However. If we give the boulder a diameter of 7 feet, it would weigh over 27 thousand kg which is class 50

So most likely. The feat can vary from class 10 to class 50 depending on how you interpret it. Going by the language, it sounds like the diameter of he boulder should be similar to undyne herself. So I think it most likely either at least class 25 or outright class 50

Iirc there's actually lots of rocks behind Undyne when you fight her in front of that mountain, is it possible to pixel scale those or something?

You mean the background behind the mountain? Those aren't exactly boulders nor anything undyne could lift. All we can do is guess a reasonable measurement for the boulder she was lifting

Scaling to frisks seemingly accepted 137cm. Undyne is around 7 foot. If we scale the boulders diameter to her height (which should match the descriptive language in the scene) then it would be class 50. Scaling below however should give her class 25.

I think based on this, her lifting strength should either be likely class 50. Or at least class 25, likely class 50.

I thought we rate characters with no determinable lifting strength feats as Superhuman?

The mental image I get from this narration is a boulder as big as Undyne herself being suplexed but of course, there's no actual proof of that.

I suggest just scaling her to others due to this feat being unquantifiable

Andytrenom said:
I suggest just scaling her to others due to this feat being unquantifiable
Im not sure if there are any other lifting strength feats in undertale. Also i dont recall undyne lifting the other characters. I think that stems from being stacked on top of one another in the save file screen.

I know. Im talking about her other lifting strength justifications.

So i suppose if its unquantifiable and there is nothing else to scale from, she should just be superhuman?

Considering how meta the game is, is there by any chance evidence of the items Frisk can carry being legitimately applicable to his lifting strength?

Wait, I just remembered another lifting strength feat. Ice Wolf constantly picking up and throwing gigantic blocks of ice (which should be heavy as hell)

Would Undyne and others scale to this?

Finding Ice Wolf's lifting strength and scaling Undyne to it us the best option imo

I did a rough calc and the feat is class 5

If we assume undynes boulder is around a similar size to this however, the feat can reach class 10

There is no basis for Undyne's boulder being of a similar size as the ice cube so no, we can't assume that

Well. That's basing on the idea that the boulder is similar to frisk to be considered so huge. But it is mostly an assumption, I'd maybe suggest at least class 5 possibly or likely higher.

Ive calculated it many times and could only get class 5. I think this may scale go papyrus and possibly a few monsters as well. But I'm not sure. What do you think?

Well, ive calced it in almost every way possible and always get class five. But how would you go about accurately measuring the length of top corner edges of the cube when they are angled away from the camera?

I would measure just the corner going straight down. But it doesnt appear to be a perfect cube.

Characters that it could scale to are, Papyrus, Undyne, Toriel, Asgore, Mad mew mew, Aaron, Gerson (second key) and royal guards.

Basically monsters who appear physically in shape, with arms to lift and are comparable to or stronger than papyrus. Though it would only be a possibly rating.

Others could maybe include mettaton ex and neo and greater dog.

I don't know if that's good basis for scaling. Undyne and Asgore scale without a doubt, but others arent so much of a clear case

You are probably right. Though gerson and toriel already have scaling to undyne and asgore. I suppose those four can have their lifting strength changed just to remain safe.

This should have an "at least" rating, since ice wolf is lifting and throwing these constantly and somewhat easily for extended periods of time.

Why would characters above Papyrus scale? Is there anything in particular noting him to be stronger than the ice wolf? Undyne and anyone stronger than her would scale by virtue of her having been stated to be the strongest monster under Asgore (or something to that effect), but why would Papyrus?

Only because papyrus is the strongest snowdin monster (same goes for every other boss in their own area). But even then, lifting strength is not really always tied in to attack and not all monsters who are stronger are noticeably athletically superior so its questionable.

Undyne should have at least with a likely/possibly higher rating anyway due to her boulder feat.

Don't think she's stated to be the second strongest monster, she's just greatly looked up to as a hero by everyone

Every other monster in the game is below her through stats except asgore, toriel and a few exceptions. So she is likely the third strongest.

So should i make the changes?

I mean... Is there anything left to discuss? Unless you dont feel comfortable scaling toriel and during war gerson. Though i think an unknown possibly seems fine for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back