• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Yellow Discussion Thread

While Flowey is an unreliable narrator, his words aren’t automatically invalid. He’s one of the most knowledgable characters, so if his words have something backing them up or have no reason to be a lie then they should be useable as a support for something. There’s notable evidence in support of Ceroba being on Asgore’s level even without Flowey’s post-Geno Ceroba quote, whereas Flowey’s post-Zenith quote is pretty obviously BS and is arguably just him talking about Clover being emotionless like he is.
Now you're cherrypicking, discarding the part of Flowey's statement that don't suit your narrative only because you don't like it. You can't still have the cake after eating it after all.

There’s also his quote as Meta Flowey where he was pretty confident Shmup Clover could’ve beaten Asgore if they tried to.
They surely did in fact lmao.

That’s not what cherrypicking is? Zenith Martlet is objectively way more powerful than Asgore. Flowey saying that Asgore would end up killing LV20 Clover (again, assuming he’s not just talking metaphorically) when that’s very obviously not true make the statement invalid. Flowey saying that Ceroba is as strong as Asgore when there’s evidence supporting this notion makes that statement useable.

Anyway how are Clover’s keys gonna be handled? Obviously they’ll have a “with Asgore’s Soul” key (or whatever it’d be called), but how do we handle the stuff like LV and the Shmup mode?

Anyway how are Clover’s keys gonna be handled? Obviously they’ll have a “with Asgore’s Soul” key, but how do we handle the stuff like LV and the Shmup mode?
They don't do anything while they have Asgore's soul though.
I would split it as: Base / Shooter Form / LV19+

Anyway how are Clover’s keys gonna be handled? Obviously they’ll have a “with Asgore’s Soul” key (or whatever it’d be called), but how do we handle the stuff like LV and the Shmup mode?
The Asgore's SOUL is kinda featless tbh.

Regardless, two keys, one for Neutral/Pacifist and other for Genocide.

They don't do anything while they have Asgore's soul though.
I would split it as: Base / Shooter Form / LV19+
Base key is "9-B with minimal determination,9-A with greater determination"
Shmup form key is simply "9-A"
and LV19+ key is "at least 9-A".

A human Soul alone isn’t strong enough to cross the barrier even with its natural full power, but a human Soul and monster Soul combined are. Clover with Asgore’s Soul would scale above Asriel with Chara’s Soul since both of the former scale way above their latter counterparts.

Base / Shooter Form / LV19+
Regardless, two keys, one for Neutral/Pacifist and other for Genocide.
Both of these make sense. Maybe a Neutral/Pacifist key that’s like “9-A, higher with Shooter mode” and a Genocide key that’s like “9-A, higher with Shooter mode, far higher at max LV”?

Also I guess we’re calling it Shooter mode/form? Thank god I can stop saying Shmup mode now

Base key is "9-B with minimal determination
I don’t think we really need a 9-B key, as even weaker bosses like Dalv already scale to 9-A. Clover also doesn’t have nearly as much DT as Frisk does, so I think they’re just naturally physically stronger.

I don’t think we really need a 9-B key, as even weaker bosses like Dalv already scale to 9-A. Clover also doesn’t have nearly as much DT as Frisk does, so I think they’re just naturally physically stronger.
We don't know how strong the human was when fighting Dalv nor how he survived the encounter, that's a problem I have here.

By scaling to AXIS and the Blue human right?

Plus now that I remember Clover could make it to Hotland in the timelines preceding Flowey's trap.

Wouldn’t Shooter mode be “at least 9-A”, since we all agree Masked Ceroba with this mode downscales from Asgore at the very least?
"At least" implies that it could be higher.
Not that this matters anymore since now I think that indexing it as: LV 1+ "9-A,higher in shooter mode" / LV19+ "At least 9-A" is the way to go.

We don't know how strong the human was when fighting Dalv nor how he survived the encounter, that's a problem I have here.
We know he was injured, but yeah we technically don’t know if Integrity scaled to Waterfall monsters at that point. Martlet should scale to Waterfall monsters since she fought Snowdin Geno Clover, but Dalv isn’t concrete. My only issue is that having a 9-B portion feels a bit clunky but I guess it’s not too big of an issue.

A human Soul alone isn’t strong enough to cross the barrier even with its natural full power, but a human Soul and monster Soul combined are. Clover with Asgore’s Soul would scale above Asriel with Chara’s Soul since both of the former scale way above their latter counterparts.
I mean, pretty sure monsters reach godlike power from absorbing a human SOUL, cause they can actually utilize its full power with magic and stuff
Don't see why Clover would be able to do that with a SOUL that's nearly hundreds of times weaker than their own SOUL

I mean, pretty sure monsters reach godlike power from absorbing a human SOUL, cause they can actually utilize its full power with magic and stuff
Don't see why Clover would be able to do that with a SOUL that's nearly hundreds of times weaker than their own SOUL
A full power human Soul isn’t enough to cross the barrier, but any human or monster with a Soul from the other race can do it. Monsters being able to access more of a human Soul’s power makes logical sense and might actually be true, but in this case I don’t think that’s why they get so strong.

I think it's more like, Human SOUL+Monster SOUL>Human SOUL>>>>>>>Monster SOUL
So Asgore's SOUL gives Clover the tiny boost necessary to cross the barrier
Yeah, but Clover isn’t confirmed to have the natural full power of a human Soul. A being with both a human Soul and monster Soul is stronger than the natural peak of a human, natural being not whatever the hell Frisk was cooking in True Pacifist.

Although I wouldn’t be opposed to 2-B Whimsun

Yeah, but Clover isn’t confirmed to have the natural full power of a human Soul. A being with both a human Soul and monster Soul is stronger than the natural peak of a human, natural being not whatever the hell Frisk was cooking in True Pacifist.

Although I wouldn’t be opposed to 2-B Whimsun
We put Asriel w/Chara's soul at 8-A not 2-B.
Plus I don't think it's ever stated that a human absorbing a monsters soul gives the human an AP boost,just the ability to cross the barrier.

Last edited:
A being with both a human Soul and monster Soul is stronger than the natural peak of a human, natural being not whatever the hell Frisk was cooking in True Pacifist.
I don't think Adem Warlock was talking about of Frisk's 2-B stuff when they said "Human SOUL+Monster SOUL>Human SOUL".

Breaking or crossing the barrier doesn't seem like an AP dependent thing to me.

It's more about how many and which types of souls you have,not the strength of said souls.

Nah I was just memeing+clarifying, since Frisk’s power obviously isn’t a natural level of a human.

Plus I don't think it's ever stated that a human absorbing a monsters soul gives the human an AP boost,just the ability to cross the barrier.
Doesn’t Alphys say something along the lines of “a human Soul alone isn’t strong enough to cross the barrier”?

Nah I was just memeing+clarifying, since Frisk’s power obviously isn’t a natural level of a human.
Good to know.
Doesn’t Alphys say something along the lines of “a human Soul alone isn’t strong enough to cross the barrier”?
Eh... I'm not certain.
Regardless,Clover doesn't do anything while they have Asgore's soul and indexing it wouldn't do anything other than just add another "higher" to the profile since we are not going to make Clover 8-A for absorbing someone weaker than them.

Regardless,Clover doesn't do anything while they have Asgore's soul and indexing it wouldn't do anything other than just add another "higher" to the profile since we are not going to make Clover 8-A for absorbing someone weaker than them.
Alright

I finished the neutral route of the game. The game is bad. I spared Starlo, killed the Mexican, killed every monster that attacked me, killed Axis and killed the emo vampire from adventure time.
I won't be doing a genocide/pacifist route. I am an american, I don't spare people if they try to kill me. I shoot them to death.
In Undertale Yellow. In Undertale Yellow.

Back