• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Yellow Discussion Thread

I only did genocide because I watched my friends stream the other routes. I didn't care for the furry family that reuses Asriel and Asgore attack patterns so I'm glad I didn't have to deal with all that yapping about them for most of the game. It got so bad at the end that my friend stopped playing right after killing the pacifist final boss because they kept yapping about Ceroba. It still happened in genocide because Chujin has to worm his way into the story somehow, even if it's some flashback I don't care about that just repeats shit I already know from other routes, that he hates humans and thinks they're dangerous. Why would he make Axis if he didn't think so? The guy making anti-human Royal Guard robots doesn't like humans? Wow I never knew.

Neutral was the best route. Flowey is a highlight and my favorite character ever since UT first dropped. I genuinely couldn't care for anyone that wasn't North Star (Starlo is a shitty name I'm using his cool title instead), the cup dudes, Guardener's little robot dudes and that vending machine in Steamworks. El Bailador was okay. Rest are either un-noteworthy because they're cryptic as hell (Dalv), they're annoying (Martlet) or they're boring furry characters that just parallel the Dreemurr family with but with anime names and attacks that the devs think I care about but I don't.
I get what they were going for. "omg what happened to kanako! wheres chujin! what did axis do! the suspense!" But I just didn't care, man...

It still happened in genocide because Chujin has to worm his way into the story somehow, even if it's some flashback I don't care about that just repeats shit I already know from other routes, that he hates humans and thinks they're dangerous. Why would he make Axis if he didn't think so? The guy making anti-human Royal Guard robots doesn't like humans? Wow I never knew.
I think it's supposed to show where Martlet's views on humans came from and why she got that DT syringe thingy

Axis was the only one that deserved to die the most, wasn't he? In the genocide route Clover gets an anime power up after finding out that he killed a human.

I can't give give an objective opinion on Ceroba since I find her too pretty to be mad at her.

That being said, I only know about the Genocide and Neutral route. I didn't bother to see a video on the Pacifist route because
M9lLUzr.jpeg

I ain't watching allat.

Axis was the only one that deserved to die the most, wasn't he?
In theory he deserved it the least since it was just his programming. If anyone’s to blame it would be Chujin.

I can't give give an objective opinion on Ceroba since I find her too pretty to be mad at her.
Based ngl

Also I personally don’t see her as bad as Asgore who I sympathise with anyway.

I ain't watching allat.
Technically you can just skip to the Steamworks portion of the video(s) since that’s when stuff really starts to change, but I’m pretty sure that’s still like 2 hours lol

Axis was the only one that deserved to die the most, wasn't he? In the genocide route Clover gets an anime power up after finding out that he killed a human.
AXIS did not willingly carry out the killing of that human,they were ordered to do so by their creator. I would say that they are one of the least deserving to die since they couldn't chose to not kill that human.
Maybe you would know this if you actually read the dialouge instead of skimming through it.

AXIS did not willingly carry out the killing of that human,they were ordered to do so by their creator. I would say that they are one of the least deserving to die since they couldn't chose to not kill that human.
Maybe you would know this if you actually read the dialouge instead of skimming through it.
Don't care, I shot him anyway for being annoying.

I still have no idea what Deidalius finds annoying about most of these characters.
Except Martlet I can understand why someone would find her annoying.

So just to summarise some things about the current scaling (at least from what I’ve surmised from the thread so far):

Every notable character scales to Supersonic speeds at minimum due to Dalv’s electricity magic, specifically his lightning bolt attack which Clover’s Soul moves at similar speeds to. There might also be other monsters that use electricity but I can’t remember at the moment.

Dalv would be “at least 9-B” due to surviving an encounter from a violent human, but since we don’t know enough about the human we can’t really say how strong he is for sure.

Axis would be “9-A” due to being a human eradication robot that killed Integrity while they were hiding out in Waterfall, which is filled with monsters scaling to that level. Axis’ attacks also somewhat threatened a casual Ceroba during Pacifist Steamworks, and due to his Geno fight Axis would downscale from Geno Clover (he can’t fully scale because he’s explicitly portrayed as being weaker and on the defensive).

Masked Ceroba and Shooter mode Clover would scale to “At least 9-A” with Hypersonic speeds, as everyone so far has agreed to them either downscaling or upscaling from Asgore.

End of Geno Clover and Zenith Martlet scale massively above every other character for obvious reasons. Hypersonic+ speed could be arguable for Zenith Martlet due to the existence of the Sea Tea, which is the same reasoning used for Sans on his VS Battle page.

I believe we still have to decide whether or not base Ceroba scales to Asgore on some level or not. If we do agree with this then this might also make Axis downscale from Asgore due to some of his reasonings being scaling to Ceroba and Geno Clover, however I don’t think it’s too farfetched considering his purpose. You could also just explain it away as him not having standard monster weaknesses.

We also have to decide where base Martlet and later characters scale. When taking things seriously she’s able to fight against a LV6(?) Clover in Geno, but idk where that would scale her. El Bailador would scale to Martlet as he’s fought relatively normally in the Geno route. Starlo would also scale as he’s fought with better equipment and after El Bailador.

I think that’s every super-notable character.

I still have no idea what Deidalius finds annoying about most of these characters.
Except Martlet I can understand why someone would find her annoying.
Zoomerspeak
Some are too quirky and cartoonist that it loops back to being annoying.

I guess it's more of a feeling than something logical I could write essays on. You don't need nany reasons to hate someone.

You could also just explain it away as him not having standard monster weaknesses.
Actually now that I think about it, this explains a lot. Axis is able to somewhat fight a Clover stronger and more devoted to the Geno route than the one that fought Ceroba, yet he isn’t 100% helpless despite being objectively much weaker than Ceroba.

Since Ceroba is very casual during Steamworks and probably wasn’t in any real danger, we could just say that both Axis and LV10-12 Clover are 9-A with Hypersonic speeds. Clover uses Ceroba’s biological weaknesses against her in order to win in that fight.

Last edited:
Actually now that I think about it, this explains a lot. Axis is able to somewhat fight a Clover stronger and more devoted to the Geno route than the one that fought Ceroba, yet he isn’t 100% helpless despite being objectively much weaker than Ceroba.

Since Ceroba is very casual during Steamworks and probably wasn’t in any real danger, we could just say that both Axis and LV10-12 Clover are 9-A with Hypersonic speeds. Clover uses Ceroba’s biological weaknesses against her in order to win in that fight.
AXIS had the power of the thrash can lid.

AXIS had the power of the thrash can lid which Clover needs to beat AXIS in neutral and pacifist.
I was mainly talking about him being able to damage Clover. Obviously he can’t take too many hits from Clover, but he did take a few in his first meeting with them which is maybe notable. Idk much about how piercing damage works.

Also does Clover technically need the trash lid? It’s necessary for a peaceful ending, but based on his Geno fight I don’t think it’s necessary to beat Axis in a fight lore-wise. I think the whole “block or you take damage thing” is just meant to simulate Clover failing to block Axis’ attacks.

I was mainly talking about him being able to damage Clover. Obviously he can’t take too many hits from Clover, but he did take a few in his first meeting with them which is maybe notable. Idk much about how piercing damage works.
Yeah this is somewhat perplexing. Perhaps Ceroba wasn't that casual while knocking over AXIS in the pacifist route?

Also Ceroba wasn't using Kanako's mask and Clover didn't have shooter mode so they don't scale to hypersonic at that point in time if Ceroba's base form doesn't scale to Asgore.
Also does Clover technically need the trash lid? It’s necessary for a peaceful ending, but based on his Geno fight I don’t think it’s necessary to beat Axis in a fight lore-wise. I think the whole “block or you take damage thing” is just meant to simulate Clover failing to block Axis’ attacks.
I actually edited that part out shortly before you replied since I remembered Flowey saying that we could totally beat AXIS in a neutral route.
Now it's just a joke reply : (.

You can count up to a million? Or am i misreading?
AXIS can't count up to a million,as in they literally say "I DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO COUNT THAT HIGH."
The average person does have the knowledge to count up to a million,it just takes too long.

Also Ceroba defeats AXIS by reflecting one of their attacks so we can't say that Ceroba AP stomps AXIS or anything like that.
I was mainly speaking towards her overall attitude towards him, plus she doesn’t want to damage him so she can preserve Chujin’s legacy.

One of my other reasons for believing she was holding back a lot of her strength is because of her two battles. I went to watch her Geno battle and noticed her “full power” state doesn’t actually make her stronger and just gives her harder attack patterns. Compare that to Pacifist where her “full power” is noticeably way higher than her normal state. Given how Ceroba doesn’t really want to kill Clover in Pacifist (even if she believes it’s necessary) I think it’s reasonable to say that she was holding back at the start of her Pacifist battle. Hell even with her big attack before Clover’s Big Shot Ceroba is shown hesitating and with tears.

I think there was a third reason I believed this but I don’t remember it lol

Also Ceroba wasn't using Kanako's mask and Clover didn't have shooter mode so they don't scale to hypersonic at that point in time if Ceroba's base form doesn't scale to Asgore.
Oh yeah true, forgot about that. I feel like from everything we’ve seen Ceroba being at least above the lower Hypersonics is obvious, but since we technically don’t know we can’t say she actually is.

You know I’ll still be pushing for Asgore-level Ceroba though

Last edited:
Actually it might be a good idea to calculate Clover's Biden Blast™that killed Asgore at the end of geno.

I thought that it would be pointless since the blast only destroyed Asgore and a mere wall but if we assume that Clover's beam vaporized the wall behind Asgore we could reach above tier 9. Vaporizing an obese human can reach up to 0.1 tons of tnt and tier 8 starts at 0.25 tons of tnt.
Endgame geno Clover and Zenith Martlet could be tier 8.

Ignore all that,the wall looks like it was violently fragmented,even the throne is still partially there.
It will probably end up in 9-A,maybe even below 0.044 tons (which is the calc that Asgore scales to) but I think we should still calc it anyway.

Would Asgore being made of magic influence the power needed to vaporise him? Also I think we’d need to decide if this is actually Clover vaporising Asgore or just them depleting his HP (I mean it’s this either way but you know what I mean).

Would Asgore being made of magic influence the power needed to vaporise him? Also I think we’d need to decide if this is actually Clover vaporising Asgore or just them depleting his HP (I mean it’s this either way but you know what I mean).
Monsters turn to dust when dying,that means killing Asgore with a laser beam would always look like vaporization so the damage done to the environment is more important. The edges of the wall being cracked,the total lack of any smoke,the flowers being merely charred and the throne still being half there are really strong evidence against vaporization.
When we do a calc blog for this feat we should calculate it as all 4 types of destruction (fragmentation, violent fragmentation, pulverization and vaporization) just in case but I wouldn't expect the vaporization calc to get accepted over any of the other destruction methods.

Makes sense. I think you can tell I don’t know much about calcs so the explanation was helpful.

I much prefer the “search for feats and statements” aspect of powerscaling anyway.

I will drop a massive Undertale Yellow rant after I finish writing a job application. Toby Fox will NEVER recover from this.

Back