• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale God Tier Speed Update

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So this was discussed in another thread, and I would like some opinions on it.

I previously placed the stats of all the verse's god tiers at "Immeasurable" due to existing beyond conventional time and having a higher-dimensional level of time, but this may not be the most fitting level, for them.

Chara is an abstract conceptual being who exists within everyone capable of feeling what they embody. As shown after the genocide run, Chara exists in all timelines, at all points in time, and even continues to be everywhere in the void when all these timelines are gone. This is shown when, after booting the game back up once Chara crashes it, the player is met with a black void due to all timelines now being nonexistent. Chara will then proceed to taunt the player, telling them it's all their fault. While Chara doesn't appear to be present, this is because, as I said before, they exist everywhere as an abstract concept, even when there's nothing left but an empty void.

There are of course other things such as Chara's presence always being felt by Sans regardless of how many timelines the player cycles through, Chara being described as a concept that is far from merely bound to the world of Undertale, etc.

Because of this, I think "Omnipresent" might be a better rating for the character due to their nature.

The only individual this would scale to is Asriel, who is far beyond the scope of Chara and also capable of existing in and out of the confines of his world as a metaphysical entity. Maaaaaaybe Frisk at max Determination, but even then, that'd be a "possibly".

"Chara exists in all timelines, at all points in time"

Been a while since I've seen the Genocide run, but I can't recall anything like that being mentioned. Got a link?

I mean, if Asriel were Omnipresent, there'd really be no way that Frisk could dodge his attacks.

SomebodyData said:
B-as denying this would pretty much deny Madoka of her speed rating as well
So half of your reasoning is because it would downgrade Madoka?

That logic... does not work, if that's what you intend anyway.

The Everlasting said:
"Chara exists in all timelines, at all points in time"
Been a while since I've seen the Genocide run, but I can't recall anything like that being mentioned.

I mean, if Asriel were Omnipresent, there'd really be no way that Frisk could dodge his attacks.
Chara exists in all timelines after the first genocide run. Regardless of where or when the player is, Chara is there. In all pacifist endings after the initial genocide ending, Chara is revealed to have been there the whole time, merely taunting the player before killing off everyone they've grown to love. Chara also refers to themself as "the demon that comes when people call its name", embodying the will to kill for personal gain and existing far outside the confines of Undertale itself.

Hence why this would possibly scale to Frisk. And remember, the only time Frisk has the smallest chance against Asriel is when he's toying with them, making them think they can survive.

Hmm... I need some time to think this over.

What about when Asriel actually gets serious and uses his full power? I'm pretty sure that, even if Frisk were Omnipresent, he couldn't dodge Asriel's attacks.

The Everlasting said:
So half of your reasoning is because it would downgrade Madoka?

That logic... does not work, if that's what you intend anyway.
Nah, it was more of a side note

The Everlasting said:
Hmm... I need some time to think this over.
What about when Asriel actually gets serious and uses his full power? I'm pretty sure that, even if Frisk were Omnipresent, he couldn't dodge Asriel's attacks.
When he gets serious, it becomes nearly impossible to dodge his attacks, and I believe he canonically begins to repeatedly kill Frisk (whereas Frisk could go through phase 1 without dying), because it is always mentioned in the dialogue.

You can't do no damage Asriel 2nd phase. The attacks are just too stretch to dodge them really. I don't think you can pass more than 1 turn. And he has to kill you in order to continue with the story (because after you died. You get stuck in the "struggle" par) similar on how. At least in the mind of Toby Fox. It was impossible to do no damage Flowey.

Alright, so are there any qualms before I impliment this?

As a reminder, this upgrade only applies to Chara and full power Asriel, and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Frisk (though it's unlikely).

Back