• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale CRT: 2-C and FUN Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, considering it seems the opposition of this thread doesn't seem interested in discussing anymore and the amount of staff agrees, I suppose this thread can be closed? will start adding this if so.
You need to wait 48 hours from the start of a CRT to apply changes.

becuase translations from English to Japanese of all languages is just the holy Bible
Strawmanning me. Never said that.
Fate/Grand Order, third Psuedo Singularity, infamously mistranslated. A material book for Fate/Extra, Infamously translated- you get the point. Mistranslations happen.
This is not the case here, I already proved the lines are the same.
"By ignoring my precious evidence that cannot be wrong despite damn near everything coming from Japanese to English being fucky in some way, you must be inaccurate!" Is all I'm hearing.
The mocking is childish and akin to your mental state of pushing an agenda. Be polite, and debate like an adult please.
Again, you are screaming at ghosts, there is nothing fucky about the translation here.
Saying a translation must convey the original lore is laughable, even Dragon Ball has had issues with translations changing the lore, why wouldn't Undertale?
Because the translation was made by Toby himself and was stated to have effort from the man himself so the lines remains the same whenever possible. It was possible here, only the jokes were altered if they were too cultural.
Then tell us what the correct interpretation is? A translation that can have like 5 different incomparable versions? Heh.
The original line says the timelines are stopping and starting.
The japanese line says the timelines are stopping and moving again.

Starting can mean "starting to move after stopping",
the correct interpretation is that the protagonist can stop a timeline and make it move again with one of their powers.

You also admit the line can be interpreted in multiple ways yet you're picking a version with no support for 2-B.
Ah yes, Bias for a verse I genuinely couldn't give two ***** about in a vs debating sense.
Then leave.
Also, quit throwing around the "Nobody is listening to my debunks" thing, someone can disagree with you without quoting your essays you know,
You have provided zero reasoning as to why you disagree with it, you just do. You've done nothing but lie about what my arguments are. You have a bias. That is just a fact.

Now quit replying to me, I do not want to clear up no misconceptions of yours no longer, you are disrespectful.

I like how you consider the Japanese translation to be relevant when the game was originally created and released in English.

That is to say, the Japanese translation isn't needed and shouldn't be used, because the English version is the original work. This isn't an anime, or a manga, or a JRPG, or whatever else Japan-originating. This is an English-originating game, and therefore we use the English version for our interpretations of the work, meaning you trying to bring in other translations is utterly useless and irrelevant.

Drop it, I already conceded. You will ignore the author's intent if it's another language, I get it, just drop it. You can cope about your interpretation of the facts being utterly incompatible with Toby's by adding this to your site. I get it.
Just.
Drop.
It.

Go on with your agendas and bias. I do not care, I won't be touching this work any longer.

I am uncertain why the term "timeline" is being replaced with "flow of time," particularly when the former already exists as a well-established term.

However, it appears to be a mere mistranslation as the source also uses the phrase "many flow of times," which does not align with the definition of "flow of time" and reinforces the necessity of using "timeline" instead.

I mean he conceded, but it does not seems he is convinced with it (since his message sounds aggressive), though I was interested only to know why exactly he brought topic. That's all

Because his premise is its translated to flow of time while there is other line implies timeline, so I was not understanding his point.

Do we take game mechanics in undertale as laws of the universe?
Only those specific game mechanics which are taken as canon, aka:
  • Save and Load
  • Check Stats
Turns because of Sans not really thought, Undyne fight proves that they do not wait the opponent to attack them, and Undertale isn't really different from your average RPG where "turn" can simply be translated to the time the characters take to exchange blows.

Turns because of Sans not really thought, Undyne fight proves that they do not wait the opponent to attack them, and Undertale isn't really different from your average RPG where "turn" can simply be translated to the time the characters take to exchange blows.
Doesnt sans manipulate the text too? (Yes I am trying to find a limited law manip sue me 😌)

Doesnt sans manipulate the text too? (Yes I am trying to find a limited law manip sue me 😌)
I think you mean Photoshop Flowey, when he changed the name of the game and the save file, but you don't need to go metafictional for that.

But yeah, Sans should have limited law hax because of him being able to extend the turn.

I think you mean Photoshop Flowey, when he changed the name of the game and the save file, but you don't need to go metafictional for that.
Oh no. When fighting sans the text sometimes turns into = “Maybe reading this isnt the best use of your time.” Sans attacking the menu is the reason its not the best use btw it makes it more likely for players to get hit if they read it
But yeah, Sans should have limited law hax because of him being able to extend the turn.
I already had a crt on this in the past. You should remake or I can if you cant

There's no evidence is Sans the one doing it, it's more Chara/Frisk thinking to themselves, given those flavor text appear in other major fights.
Why would chara and frisk try to trick themselves though- 💀
Link for that?

It died a some time ago So I moved on to another CRT with Air manip and INV negation but you can make the law manip one with scans and stuff

Why would chara and frisk try to trick themselves though- 💀
But there's no misinformation in the flavor text though. Because reading that flavor text really isn't the best thing to do, given that Sans attacks your soul even in the fight menu between turns.

But there's no misinformation in the flavor text though. Because reading that flavor text really isn't the best thing to do, given that Sans attacks your soul even in the fight menu between turns.
Theres no misinformation true but it doesnt make sense for Chara or Frisk to do this since making it blank would be a better idea. Plus it fits sans personality alot but I see what you mean…

Theres no misinformation true but it doesnt make sense for Chara or Frisk to do this since making it blank would be a better idea. Plus it fits sans personality alot but I see what you mean…
It's still them thinking to themselves.

Better to play safe than sorry, because assuming Sans did it is still an assumption with no real basis.

For text manipulation, you don't need metaficional context.

It was in the times where Chara has conceptual AE, both Chara and Asriel were Omnipresent, Photoshop Flowey and Frisk were 2-B, the Immeasurable reason was because of PF "crossing timelines", Sans was 2-B with Immeasurable speed, Tsunderplane was 7-C.
I think even Undyne was Tier 2 at some point.
I don't know which was cringier between "Undyne = Chara = 2-B because 99 ATK" or "Photoshop Flowey > Chara coz 9999 LV vs 20 LV".

It was in the times where Chara has conceptual AE, both Chara and Asriel were Omnipresent, Photoshop Flowey and Frisk were 2-B, the Immeasurable reason was because of PF "crossing timelines", Sans was 2-B with Immeasurable speed, Tsunderplane was 7-C.
can you believe it guys? Tier 7 UNDERTALE only three weeks away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back