• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Uh Jigsaw? That, Thing's not dead yet."

Alright, so this might be a wierd one. It'll be the first time I've given prep to one character but not the Thing, but I think it'll work out fine and hopefully not be another Thing loss. For the sake of arguement, yes some of the traps set up can completely destroy the Thing and some traps have no way for a normal person to esacpe alive.

Jigsaw has enough prep-time to trick out a large warehouse and has traped three people who were recently "infected" by another Thing. By the time the victims awake they are fully assimilated. The three Things need to both find a way out and assimilate Jigsaw, while Jigsaw needs to fully destroy all three Things. Jigsaw is currently sequestered in a safe control room that has a small air vent leading into it from the warehouse. Jigsaw has zero knowledge on the Thing but he did set up a complex camera system. Alright, I think that enough. I'm genuenly curious to see how this turns out.

The Thing

John Kramer

Garfield vs The Thing would be pretty entertaining, but would end up weird when Garfield inevitably kicks the Thing into the future and we have not idea how that would turn out

He never prepares to do that though, and it isn't like he can change the pre-made traps in the middle of a fight. Also, would the thing be killed by posion? Also how does acid and electricity affect it?

The posion would need to be killing cells to have any peremenent effect. Acid is ususally a good option considering it breaks things down on the molecular level and any amount of electricity strong enough to fully roast the Thing would be good.

Would posion even slow the things down? Atm, I see this as a stomp tbh, as if John hasn't prepared to kill the thing, he doesn't have time to change his traps. Sure he can SEE the Things are acting weird but there is nothing John can do about it. Making traps that completely destroy the body anyway is pretty out of character for John, and iirc none and I mean NONE of his traps ever completely destroy the victim. John is a man of, though twisted, morals. He wants his victims to have the will to live and to prove that the deserve to live. His traps tend to have a way to suvive them. And even if they don't, his traps done kill. The closest things (ha puns) I can think of that may be able to do anything close to the amount of damage needed is the various fire or acid traps, but even those never fully roast humans. I mean make them crispy, sure, but to the point all cells are gone? Not to my knowledge. Plus this battle has more than one thing, and they are all human intellegence, possibly higher, and likely will be able to get out of the traps. Heck John explains how to survive his traps, all the Things have to do is follow the instructions. Bombs will only stread the thing around and electric floors, though they kill humans, will likely only stun the things.

Tell me if I am wrong though.

You're probably not wrong, I've never actually seen any Saw movies. Not really my thing. Anything you think would make this fair?

Tbh, idk. John knowing he has to destroy them completely would be unfair for the Thing, though any other situation I can think of, the thing kinda stomps via regen and type 2 immortality.

Back