• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gordon Freeman vs The Thing (John Carpenter)

-(quick) story-

After fighting through Black Mesa, Gordon comes across a new, unexplored area in the facility he hasn't seen before. he walks through the area, finding no signs of xen or human life, until he finds a cowering scientist. "G-Gordon?! You have to help us! The new experiment had just broken out of containment! Don't let it touch you, or else!" The scientist quickly runs away after that. Gordon continues to walk down the hallway until he saw the creature. It's time for him to run, think, shoot, and live.

-HL1 Gordon is used. He has all his equipment except the Gluon Gun.
-Both are 9A
-As shown in the story, Gordon only knows that he cannot allow it to touch him.
-Gordon's HEV suit's power is at 30 percent.
-Both are bloodlusted.
-Battle takes place in a Black Mesa hallway, both are 20 meters apart.
-Speed =

Gordon Freeman: 1 ( @Sans2345 , @Bornana )

The Thing:

Incon:

Last edited:
I think that using the Gluon Gun, and his superior reactions, Gordy should win, since the gun disintegrates organic matter.

Even so, I think with the RPG he should have a good chance of killing it, but since I didn't see you say the Tau Cannon isn't restricted, I think that he could kill it, but that would likely just spread it into smaller parts..

I think Gordon could use explosives against the thing and it has a weakness to fire, so if Gordon manages to set the thing on fire, its pretty much dead.

I think my vote is going to Gordon, he has dealt with beings similar to the thing before during the Black Mesa incident.

I think Gordon could use explosives against the thing and it has a weakness to fire, so if Gordon manages to set the thing on fire, its pretty much dead.

I think my vote is going to Gordon, he has dealt with beings similar to the thing before during the Black Mesa incident.
Counted

Back