• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human vs The Thing REMATCH (6 Years Later) (GRACE)

6 years ago, CH faught John Carpenter's "The Thing" in this thread. The thing is (hehehehehehe), I always found this match unfair for CH. Within 3 hours, the thing could easily infect hundreds of animals and overwhelm CH with numbers alone. Plus, CH had no prior knowledge on the thing at all. He didn't know it was weak to fire, to not touch it, heck he didn't even know it could shapeshift so the Thing could've easily just hidden from him and assimilated him with no effort. So how about we make this a bit more fair for the best human?

Ground Rules:
  • Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse in Alaska
  • There are 6 infected people inside of the warehouse, all start hiding
  • Composite Human knows to not let the infected people touch their skin, but nothing else
  • CH has a flamethrower with 2 gallons of fuel, a Remington Model 870 with 8 shots, and a Fire Axe, and is wearing winter clothing (something like this)
Who Wins?

The Peak Of Humanity: 3 (Rayfire, Javenplayz253, Primal)
The Peak Of Horror Antagonists: 0 ()
Suddenly A Nuke Goes Off: 0 ()
view-human-muscular-system.jpg
1NwxBdDgqbjh8JyYTT3m2yguyWz.jpg

Last edited:
Oki so

The average flamethrower burns through half a gallon a second, so CH has 4 seconds of firing time with it, so he’ll have to use it wisely here to deal with the infected people

Since the infected are implied to be “people” then they should have average human speed, which CH can easily react to and burn em or shoot em before they can touch him, considering superhuman reactions and also some minor enhanced senses. Pure instinct will help CH a lot here. The infected can all regenerate, sure, but how will they handle being blasted with fire or shot in the head from a dude with the best marksmanship and quick drawing ever?

Plus, if the winter clothing prevents him from getting infected, then means CH could go sicko mode without worry considering he can react to any surprises, if I’m correct?

Plus, if the winter clothing prevents him from getting infected, then means CH could go sicko mode without worry considering he can react to any surprises, if I’m correct?
Well, it'll prevent him from getting infected by just lightly brushing against them or something. Though if one of them decides to puncture it like in this clip here, then CH is a bit screwed
The average flamethrower burns through half a gallon a second, so CH has 4 seconds of firing time with it, so he’ll have to use it wisely here to deal with the infected people
I had no idea flamethrowers burned through fuel that quick. Would it be more fair to give him more fuel that way he can use the flamethrower longer or is that much fuel okay?

Well, it'll prevent him from getting infected by just lightly brushing against them or something. Though if one of them decides to puncture it like in this clip here, then CH is a bit screwed
Ah, okie dokie, that makes sense. Though CH definitely has the speed and agility to dodge considering how much faster he is (Subsonic >>> Average Human) And the fact that he can kill them fairly quickly with the weapons at his disposal
I had no idea flamethrowers burned through fuel that quick. Would it be more fair to give him more fuel that way he can use the flamethrower longer or is that much fuel okay?
Soldiers in the Vietnam war were just fine on 10 seconds. If you want, you could give CH more, but if it’s a full tank then I think this will be a stomp

Ah, okie dokie, that makes sense. Though CH definitely has the speed and agility to dodge considering how much faster he is (Subsonic >>> Average Human) And the fact that he can kill them fairly quickly with the weapons at his disposal

Soldiers in the Vietnam war were just fine on 10 seconds. If you want, you could give CH more, but if it’s a full tank then I think this will be a stomp
Noted

So are you casting a vote for CH or do you want to wait for more input?

You know, this makes the first CH vs Thing match even more unfair. CH only had 2 seconds of fuel and a bunch of useless weapons to kill dozens of not hundreds of infected animals with no knowledge of how the Thing parasite works or what it's weakness is? That seems really unfair and definetly like a stomp

Last edited:
I looked in the thread and CH only had 1 gallon of fuel, or 2 freakin seconds of firing time for their flamethrower 💀 They gave the thing prep time but not CH which was even more unfair too

from the looks of it CH can just flamethrower ggs? skimming over the discussing there doesnt seem to be any rebuttals
Well if they run out of fuel (which will happen pretty quickly), it's pretty much ggs for CH as the shotgun and axe won't do much other than draw out the inevitable. Plus, a single speck of blood on the humans face and its game over. Granted, using the flamethrower in bursts and being conservative with the fuel should let her get the win assuming they dodge all of the incoming tentacles trying to pierce their coat

They're listed as average human level, so i think CH has more than enough reaction speed to dodge em as i've mentioned earlier. I haven't watched the thing, but are shotguns ever effective in that series? If so, i think they could still be of help to CH, Especially since maybe he could try to decapitate them with the fire axe given his superior speed? idk

well would that fire be enough to do the thing in?
Fire is crazy effective against the Things, and is throughout the series very efficent at killing them. Line up the infected right, and CH could set half of them on fire with a single half-second spray. Once they're on fire, it's pretty much game over for them

I don't think it's much of a question of if CH can kill all of the things with 2 gallons of fuel, they can almost 100% do that. The question is what will happen first, all 6 things getting burned to a crisp or one of the things impaling CH with a tentacle and turning them into an alien organism?

Well, considering that CH knows that they are dealing with something supernatural, they might expect something like this, so their analytical prediction and instinctive action abilities could make them even more likely to react and dodge any tentacles. Even if CH Doesn't expect it, Considering the guys in that clip were all average humans (Presumably) I don't think the same thing would happen to CH, at least not easily. 50 Millisecond reaction time is no joke here.

^ Above would prolly be even faster, considering that CH is fighting for his frickin life, so i'm pretty confident they can dodge.

Well, considering that CH knows that they are dealing with something supernatural, they might expect something like this, so their analytical prediction and instinctive action abilities could make them even more likely to react and dodge any tentacles. Even if CH Doesn't expect it, Considering the guys in that clip were all average humans (Presumably) I don't think the same thing would happen to CH, at least not easily. 50 Millisecond reaction time is no joke here.
Heck, even if CH gets infected, unless a vital organ is hit they'd still have time to make this an incon. The infection time isn't instant and people throughout both movies have been able to realize they were infected and distance themselves/off themselves before they fully turned. If CH does get infected, they could just find a way to burn the whole building down by exploding the flamethrower or something, burning them and the thing to ash and making this an incon.

This is all assuming that CH is still alive after getting infected and doesn't get stabbed through the heart or something, in which case RIP to us

Heck, even if CH gets infected, unless a vital organ is hit they'd still have time to make this an incon. The infection time isn't instant and people throughout both movies have been able to realize they were infected and distance themselves/off themselves before they fully turned. If CH does get infected, they could just find a way to burn the whole building down by exploding the flamethrower or something, burning them and the thing to ash and making this an incon.

This is all assuming that CH is still alive after getting infected and doesn't get stabbed through the heart or something, in which case RIP to us
CH Probably wouldn't be incapped by that, at least not instantly, considering CH has CIP (Immune to pain altogether) and also has done this;

"Can survive injuries that would easily incapacitate or kill an average person; Jacques Roellinger endured getting shot, cut, and stabbed several times (including getting shot through the lungs and jaw); getting tortured by burning splinters of wood on his chest, a fragment of an exploding shell in his thigh, and getting beyonetted through the liver and diaphragm, and had only a stiff knee as a lingering effect."

CH definitely has enough willpower feats along with this in their stamina section to make this an incon via burning the whole place down if they happen to get infected, although this is assuming he does get impaled, which im confident CH won't as explained above ^

So to kind of recap everything:

CH should be more than capable of using the flamethrowers fuel to burn all 6 of the assimilated people. The winter gear will protect from blood splatter and any accidental touching with the things, keeping them from being assimilated by accidentally brushing against one of the things. Superior speed will let CH dodge nearly any attack the things throw at him, and if all else fails, an incon is completely possible. And with a tiny bit of trial and error, CH could easily figure out the things weakness to fire. The Norwegian & American reaserchers figured this out in the span of 5 minutes, so CH should figure it out in like, 10 seconds

However, the things have numbers, piercing damage, an immense physical edge (Decently into 9-B vs a high 9-C won't turn out well in a cqc situation), they start out hidden, CH needs to destroy every last cell of them, meaning that the shotgun and fire axe won't be too helpful, and they're very resiliant, so they'll keep coming for a while until the fire burns too much of them. Plus, a single spec of blood on CH's face or any exposed skin and that's game

So, what are everyone's thoughts?

The shotgun and fire axe could potentially be a good distraction to stun them, at the very least, to give CH an opening to turn em into a bonfire. CH has the reaction time and probably the intelligence to avoid them lunging at them, and possibly figure out where they are hiding so that he’ll expect them. (Although they will expect to be lunged at anyways) I find it way more likely for CH to win, and even if he gets infected, it’s not an immediate game over, so CH can use their stamina and willpower to burn the whole place down to kill both them and the things, making it an incon

So, imma vote CH for dis one

The shotgun and fire axe could potentially be a good distraction to stun them, at the very least, to give CH an opening to turn em into a bonfire. CH has the reaction time and probably the intelligence to avoid them lunging at them, and possibly figure out where they are hiding so that he’ll expect them. (Although they will expect to be lunged at anyways) I find it way more likely for CH to win, and even if he gets infected, it’s not an immediate game over, so CH can use their stamina and willpower to burn the whole place down to kill both them and the things, making it an incon

So, imma vote CH for dis one
We're composting with this one 🗣📣💯💯💯🔥🔥🔥
Ch fra

Also Ray you have Haru vs Asun to do in vene's tourney

Back