• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heisenberg Fights A Thing (Walter White vs The Thing (John Carpenter)) (Grace)

The man himself Walter White finds himself having to face off against an alien parasite

Walter White vs The Thing (John Capenter)

Ground Rules:
  • The fight takes place in Gus's Superlab
  • There are 3 Thing bioforms scattered around the lab (All 3 are humans)
  • Walter has 2 weeks of prep time and his full arsenal
  • Walter knows to not let the things touch him and that in order to kill it, you have to destroy every cell of it, but nothing else
Who Wins?

"I am the one who knocks!": 7 (BigSmoke4269, AThe1412, Oiguana2701, CuteAnimeNekoGirl99, Stillwinston, Accelerated_Evolution, ThePrimalHunter)
"Goddamn it Carter burn it!": 0 ()
Incon: 0 ()
0b86fb159e54209d688f4d80e33f5358.jpg
6da7ab35a808d664685831c3cb977466.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like Walt's chances very much in this fight. Even firearms are not very effective against Things at this level, and while Walt certainly won't go for a straight-up fight with them nor attempt to just get a big gun, I don't think he could prepare something powerful enough to fully kill a Thing. I can see him dispatching one Thing, for sure, but to kill all three would require great tactics and on-the-go thinking and that just about everything goes to plan, as I assume that his best bet would be to use explosives to disable the Things then acid and/or fire to finish them off, but as he doesn't know where exactly each Thing is, and does not know the full extent of their abilities, I do not think he'd be quite up to the task.

I don't like Walt's chances very much in this fight. Even firearms are not very effective against Things at this level, and while Walt certainly won't go for a straight-up fight with them nor attempt to just get a big gun, I don't think he could prepare something powerful enough to fully kill a Thing. I can see him dispatching one Thing, for sure, but to kill all three would require great tactics and on-the-go thinking and that just about everything goes to plan, as I assume that his best bet would be to use explosives to disable the Things then acid and/or fire to finish them off, but as he doesn't know where exactly each Thing is, and does not know the full extent of their abilities, I do not think he'd be quite up to the task.
Things don't seem to have poison resistance so they should at the very least be temporarily incapacitated by a room filled with phosphine gas (The hazmat suit sure comes in handy) then he can just get out before they can get back up and set the lab on fire or pour acid on them.

Wouldn't walt think about fire straight up? seens in character especially when he is tring to completly destoy something... would his drugs do something to the thing if ingested?

Yeah, count me as a vote as well. Walt is gonna go all out and use everything he can get his hands on with prior knowledge.

i assume if walter has prep time he can position himself wherever he wants during that time

i recall a thread where a character used prep time to put themselves in a position where they would precisely hit and kill their opponent

Yeah! I agree with smoke given that Walter can essentially just burn down the super lab like he did at the end of season 4.

Walter has more counters against The Thing notably Hydrofluoric acid which would be pretty hard to use. The thing absolutely hates fire so setting the entire lab on fire is almost perfect in terms of dealing with it and probably even Heisenberg's first option when combating against such a creature

Back