• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If voting is still open, I'm gonna vote Darkrai. Wasn't it detailed above it's naturally defensive & wary earlier? Also, wasn't it mentioned it was skilled enough to fight Dialga & Palkia, or at least keep up with them?

Add to this Danmaku, Non-Physical Interaction for any Pokemon being able to hit ghosts meaning phasing might not help Shadow, & Darkrai can probably hit & avoid him.

Also, as Cal requested above, proof that Shadow goes full fights with opponents on his level of speed without getting hit? I'd assume Gun Soldiers aren't really Shadow's Level, & he's been beaten by at least Sonic & Infinite, getting hit in their fights, no?

AFAIK, he also doesn't have reason to know Dark Void will put him to sleep if he touches it; If Shadow tries to tank it or go rush through it, he might get affected anyway.

Also, Darkrai has:

Resistance to The Creation Trio's abilities (Can take some minor hits from, and interact with Palkia and Dialga, and survived Palkia's pissed off attack)

This would include Time Manipulation (Dialga) & Spatial Manipulation (Palkia), so how sure are we that Chaos Control would work on Darkrai?

Heck, how does Darkrai's Power Nullification work? Also, its BFR? (Although, Shadow has Dimensional Travel, so how does that work?)

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but Darkrai has Telepathy & Precognition. How do those work? Could it be reading Shadow's thoughts mid-combat as he strategizes & realize he's going to stop time/teleport/use chaos control, etc.?

Could its Precognition foresee Shadow one-shotting it if he hit Darkrai? That'd be a good reason for it to get very avoidant. Afterimages & potentially Spatial Manipulation (Assuming it's not just Spatial Rend.) as well as Portal Creation could help.

There's also the matter of Time Travel. Both can do it, but how does it work? Can one follow the other? Are they likely to know where the other's going?

Come to think of it, is Time Travel even useful? SBA says this is in Central Park, New York, so, AFAIK, their younger selves aren't gonna be in this timeline to time travel to & kill.

@Imaginym Darkrai isn't technically on Shadow's "level" either due to Shadow's massive AP advantage.

Shadow can also hit ghosts.

Shadow isn't stupid, he isn't going to stand there and try to tank a Dark Void when he can dodge.

Darkrai has infinite speed so that negs time stop, that wasn't a reason for Shadow winning.

When has Darkrai ever used precog in a combat situation?

Time travel is yeah, pretty useless here.

@ShadowWarrior1999: But they are on similar levels of speed, given Speed is Equalized, no?

The point is that Darkrai can hit Shadow even if Shadow fazes but Darkrai is a more defensive fighter.

There's also the question of if Shadow's NPI works, as Kukui brought up; Most every Pokemon has NPI already for being able to hit Ghost-types with most moves except Normal & Fighting type attacks & yet Darkrai is still intanible against them. In theory, PiS, or it's a greater level of Intangibility. I don't know the context.

I don't know how Darkrai's Precognition worked. Hence why I asked "How do those work?" and "Could its Precognition foresee Shadow one-shotting it if he hit Darkrai?". Also if it's actively activated rather than passive, I think a reasonable being try precognition when meeting a strange, new & hostile being. But I don't know about Darkrai's precognition.

Also, I suppose, technically, there's the matter of Darkrai time traveling to an earlier point in the battle.... Or. Come to think of it, how does Darkrai's Illusion Creation work?

Could & would Darkrai create an illusion of itself dead/defeated (It has Afterimage Creation for one.) & Time Travel to when Shadow thinks he's won, & then ambush him to put him to sleep/petrify/etc.?

Pretty sure Darkrai's afterimage creation is just double team, which creates up to hundreds of identical duplicates

@GyroNutz: Any idea about the Illusion Creation?

@Theuser789: Cool! Still a fun debate, & I do like getting thorough.

>Shadow can also hit ghosts.

This is useless as I already pointed out. Pokemon in general have Non-Physical Interaction by hitting ghost types and Darkrai cant be touched by them when intangible. Shadow being able to hit ghosts is not enough.

If this gets added as incon so be it, just wanted to address this real quick.

are the ghosts shown to be intangible besides just "is ghost" because otherwise it could just be tangible ghosts

I don't think NPI resistance is really a thing, though I know of weirder resists. I don't think that's necessarily CRT needed either. All he's gotta do is post a few scans:

• Ghost type being intangible
  • People interacting with it
  • Darkrai being intangible to those people

Well you can just go hit a ghost type with most moves (though iirc they're immune to like 2 types) so if you can't do that to darkrai that works

Because its pretty much a common standard with Pokemon and how typings work. Y'know, Ghost types not being able to be hit by fighting or normal moves.

That said, NPI was most likely something that was supposed to be given to all mon who have pages here but the revisions never went through.

I always thought that they where hitting Ghost-type Pokemon with the elements. Like using Fire Punch on Froslass, she isn't getting hit by the punch itself but the fire from the punch.

Darkrai can go intangible to those elemental things too iircd

Back