• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For those who say Darkrai's sleep manip is through projectiles only, they're wrong. Darkrai has used thought-based sleep hax to put opponents to sleep without it being in a tangible attack form before, such as Palkia. And casually at that.

So this invalidates all of the Shadow votes.

Huh. I didn't make this one. I can vote.

Darkrai should be able to take this. Shadow's bread and butter Chaos Control doesn't work here. Phasing and teleportation > just teleportation. And Shadow's never been so good that he's incapable of getting hit once. Because that's what Shadow's votes are based on. His teleportation is so good that it makes Ultra Instinct look like nothing and he just gets in close and hits despite omnidirectional city wide danmaku.

Could Shadow give more of a reasoning? Everyone's FRA'ing tele-tap. I'm not saying I debunked it because I hate when people think their word is good enough that it invalidates someone else's, but I would appreciate someone to address the counter.

There's also the point that if need be, Darkrai doesn't need to use Dark Void's projectiles to win. Hypnosis (or whatever he used on Palkia) is an insta-win, and Darkrai still has access to Roar of Time and Spatial Rend. Shadow needs to connect to win as he has no thought based hax if it somehow comes to it. Of course, Darkrai's bread and butter is Dark Void so that's what he'll use. With Chaos Control being useless, this is essentially Goku vs a hax character, with Shadow being Goku.

Speed is equal, Shadow dodges Dark Void then one-shoots via teleporting, gets close via teleportation then one-shoots,

I mean the counter it's that Darkrai's dammaku is so good that Shadow can't teleport which is wrong, Shadow can simply teleport right close to him, where he is in danger of his own moves and dodge, and teleportation Chaos Control is thought based as well, Shadow will simply teleport to his face then punch him, one-shotting

Teleporting inches away from Darkrai, who's still spamming danmaku from itself, isn't smart. It's impossible to dodge from that distance and Darkrai's already firing from every angle. Not to mention that again, Darkrai can teleport too if it somehow comes to it. It's much harder for Shadow to hit Darkrai than vice versa. Heck, Darkrai can just spawn a dark void randomly in the air to put Darkrai to sleep, rather than just danmaku'ing.

@DMB 1 You do know there's more to Chaos Control than just time hax right? Plus noticed how I never used it as an argument. Shadow would win because of his AP advantage and telespamming would be effective here, he's done it multiple times.

So Darkrai can phase? Shadow can do that too in Sonic Battle.

Darkrai's dammaku isn't that good nor impossible to dodge, Shadow's teleportation is plenty to do that, there's also the fact that Shadow can also teleport out of reach then shoot a Chaos Spear, or simply teleport to another dimension then come back, he has plenty of options while Darkrai has a not so good Dammaku, any of Shadow's moves can beat him,

Citywide omnidirectional danmaku is certainly hard to dodge. Idk where you're getting otherwise. It's not like Shadow is Sans and dodges everything coming at him. Darkrai has the same if not better range than Shadow.

Also Shadow can also avoid his attacks via the phasing, or phase in Darkrai as well, then come out after the Dammaku is over then one-shoot him

Both of you look up Chaos Burst and tell me if Shadow can do literally anything other than move and emerge during the move.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Citywide range against a 2-C character?

Do I really have to say what's wrong with that?
Oh no, you're completely right. I mean, Shadow completely pulls a Lavos and snipes from other universes instead of just engaging like a DB character. All of his fights are cross-universal.

I got from the now blocked clip from this thread, the dammaku didn't appear hard to dodge to someone that can spam teleportation, and Shadow does dodge alot of attacks Cal, Sans isn't even that good

Back