• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two characters who cover their eyes and wield telekinesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dargoo Glynda only has one dust attack and it cases weather manip, she doesnt NEED her crop for anything but that

Just to go over this again:

Glynda:

> Is only ~2x weaker, so the notion that she will be 'barely hurting him' is blatantly false.

> Can attack people without having to look at them, hard countering Kenshi trying to spam teleport to keep Glynda off balance by staying out of sight.

> Glynda doesnt have any dust projectiles, and if he tries to reflect things she's trying to hit him with using her TK, she can split it apart and redirect it so it attacks him from multiple different angles so he cant reflect it again.

> Glynda has larger forcefields on top of her aura that Kenshi would have to get through before he can hurt her, and it he tries to teleport a demon behind her she slaps them without needing to look at them.

> Disarming wont be an inconvenience due to Glynda ony having a single dust attack, and i still have yet to see anything that compares to Glynda. RWBY characters dont have outward skill feats, but they all have descriptions and documentation of what they can do.

> Has higher lifting strength. Glynda has one of the highest lifting strengths in RWBY, having rebuilt entire buildings with a thought and being vastly superior to Ruby's lifting strength.

> 2x weaker is a pretty large gap. My main point is that she would be hitting him laughably few times, and those few times are already 2 times weaker than his dura.

> Funny, Kenshi can attack and dodge without looking either. Arguably much better than Glynda seeing as every single skill feat he does is without looking. Also doesn't mean she can react in time to attacks from stuff that spontaneously appears next to her, unless you want to argue precog.

> Yes, watch the video above. She rains icicles from the sky and throws debris at Cinder. It takes up like half their fight, no clue why you didn't notice that.

> "Large Forcefields" still have 2x less dura than Kenshi's AP at best. He shreds through them and kills her.

> Her not having any outward skill feats is a hell of a lot worse than every single one of Kenshi's attacks in that ten minute video being a coordinated professional martial art move.

> We never see her rebuild entire buildings. We see her try and fail due to exhaustion. The rest you can't prove. They have comparable lifting strength.

Still yet to see much evidence for your arguments either Weekly. But assuming everything you say is correct still has Kenshi winning this with ease.

Kenshi - 4 (Dargoo, Ricsi, Dragon, Crimson)

Glynda - 3 (Weekly, Iap, Yusuke)

Honestly I doubt the Nevermore feat is even Class K given it's size and how birds are usually very light in order to fly.

Might calc it when I get back to my place.

> A 2x gap is miniscule, hitting him wouldnt be laughable at all it would still deal significant amounts of damage.

> People with less aura control than Glynda are able to sense new opponents from hundreds of meters away.

> The only thing she uses dust for is the weather manip, nothing else, and once its active she doesnt need to keep it going herself.

> Since the gap is only 2x he will not be shredding them. He can damage them but he wont beshredding them any time soon. Hell take Gatomon vs Weiss for example where it was agreed that a 3.5x gap wouldnt shred a forcefield.

> Mmmmm no, just because it didnt happen on screen doesnt mean it didnt happen at all nor does it discredit the fact that it did happen. Glynda has trained since childhood and is in the same league as the worlds best fighters.

> We do see her rebuild entire buildings, multiple tiems throughout the entire series. The only time she fell exhausted was after the Battle of Beacon where she spend a whole day and night fighting off Grimm and rebuilidng the entire city.

> A two times gap isn't minuscule. Especially given that Kenshi uses slicing attacks and Glynda uses blunt force attacks, the former can pierce through stuff far more effectively.

> I guess she senses someone rapidly teleporting towards her, and can't land a hit because she can't predict where he'll teleport to? Once Kenshi is in range his senses are laughably better than hers.

> Icicle Shards. Objects thrown with TK. Half of her attacks. If I have to keep on explaining this I'll do an attack-by-attack count.

> See above. Also she isn't tanking 8-10 rapid sword slices even with a forcefield. You're giving Glynda far more credit than it's worth. It seems you're deliberately diminishing the advantage of being two times stronger than your opponent to make it seem like Glynda has an advantage.

> So has Kenshi. So, naturally we should look to feats next. Oh wait-

> Evidence. And those better be pretty large buildings for it to stack up to Class K. And she also does it over time, which diminishes how good the feat is.

Still waiting for hard evidence on anything here.

> A 2x gap is in fact minuscule. Aura turns slicing attacks into blunt force attacks so his attacks wont be any more effective.

> She doesnt need to predict where he'll teleport to because she'll sense where he is without needing to look at him.

> She doesnt throw the ice nor does she throw telekinetically controlled attacks at

> Aura has tanked dozens of attacks without going down and her forcefield is just as durable. It seems youre blowing a 2x gap out of proportion to make it so that Kenshi is overwhelmingly stronger.

> Okay feats: Glynda fought a Maiden in the first few minutes of the show and forced her to retreat.

> Doing something over time via TK doesnt diminish the amount of mass she's lifting

I still havent seen any hard evidence for Kenshi either. Come to think of it, show me where he spam teleports in character.

A X2 AP is not miniscule in any way. Only because it doesn't cripple the enemy in one hit doesn't mean it's not big.

I 1doubt that she can keep up with enchanted sesnses that way. But if you have proof of someone reacting to people teleporting around them, do bring it up.

That isn't that many attacks, especially with the AP difference.

She does throw telekineticallt controlled attacks tough.

Weekly. How many times will you keep bringing up a thing that was plain refyted due to becoming unusable with a rwtcon? You say that the attacks Cinder uses are tier 7 and now tgey are aplicable to this tier? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Doing something over time implies its not all at once, so it kinda does.

A 2x gap wont cripple the opponent with multiple hits

People with aura control comparable to Glynda have fought extremely skilled illusion creators and invisibility users, teleportation wont be that much harder to deal with. Also waiting to see proof of spam teleportation.

This is implying Glynda just stands there and lets Kenshi hit her several dozen times without fighting back.

No actually she doesnt, she's never once done so.

When did i say anything about tier 7?

Lifting something all at once with TK isnt something that is done over time. What she did over time was put the building back together but she lifted it all at once.

Yes, it will. Three to five hits to the face from someone equally strong can give a concussion at best or break your neck at worst.

Link that

No, its implying he teleports to dodge her attacks.

She never threw something with TK? Really?

Fights with glynda vefore I pointed out that the fight is not usable due to retcons and the only way for it to work being Cinder holding back?

Again, link it.

Um...no, at worst that would give you some bruises and a headache afterwards but it wouldnt come close to doing that much damage.

Except from everything i can find with Kenshi fighting, he doesnt do that. He's been hit a lot before actually.

Yes, she's never thrown something with TK. The only thing the has as an actual projectile is the ice dust she uses to make ice storms.

Again, where did i say anything about it being tier 7?

Here

You are heavily underolaying how much proper hit hurtt. The only way you could take multiple hit to the head frombsomeone twice as strong with only a few bruises is if they are horrible at punching.

She does throw stuff dude...

Pretty much most matches after her fowngrades. But again, Cinder fight can't be used for what I already said.

She lifted them off one by one, and that is whoelesommly unimpressive too.

> At this point I shouldn't need to explain how slicing and piercing attacks are far superior to blunt force trauma, not to mention the AP advantage. Keep in mind 2x is just a figure, and Glynda scales from a feat nearly four times less than Kenshi. It's only scaling which makes her even remotely comparable to him, and I'll just point out we have multiple pages on the wiki which explain how scaling upwards in fiction doesn't give you exact numbers.

> I don't see precog on her profile. By the time she even moves to attack him he'd be in a different location, likely slicing into her already.

> Sigh. And sigh agai. That's half of her excange with Cinder. Kenshi reflects them back at her. Actually, I never see Glynda use her TK outside of moving people around. When has she ever used it as a blunt force attack besides throwing things? E V I D E N C E

> Cool. Her aura would be taking dozens of attacks two times stronger than her aura's dura. It shatters, she dies.

> It actually does. I can move a ton of bricks over the course of a day. That does not mean I can lift a ton. I've talked with Kep about the lifting feat, however, and Glynda has no advantage.

I've said it before and again and again, none of your claims are backed by evidence.

WeeklyBattles said:
A 2x gap wont cripple the opponent with multiple hits
People with aura control comparable to Glynda have fought extremely skilled illusion creators and invisibility users, teleportation wont be that much harder to deal with. Also waiting to see proof of spam teleportation.

This is implying Glynda just stands there and lets Kenshi hit her several dozen times without fighting back.

No actually she doesnt, she's never once done so.

When did i say anything about tier 7?

Lifting something all at once with TK isnt something that is done over time. What she did over time was put the building back together but she lifted it all at once.
> Yes, it would. Getting socked in the face three or four times by someone who's comparable to me would knock me out. Now replace the fist with a sword, and you can see how Kenshi obliterates her.

> Aura has nothing to do with sensing illusions. I see no feats from Glynda. Link me feats.

> And she can react to attacks that spontaneously appear next to her how? Speed is equal, she wouldn't be able to even move the distance to block them or have proper time to react.

> Evidence. Please.

WeeklyBattles said:
Um...no, at worst that would give you some bruises and a headache afterwards but it wouldnt come close to doing that much damage.
Except from everything i can find with Kenshi fighting, he doesnt do that. He's been hit a lot before actually.

Yes, she's never thrown something with TK. The only thing the has as an actual projectile is the ice dust she uses to make ice storms.

Again, where did i say anything about it being tier 7?

Here
Kenshi's landing more hits on her than she's landing hits on him. Add in a two times gap. Now, I'm no expert in mathematics, but I feel like tha algebra there is pretty clear.

>Getting hit implies he can't react to attacks

Yeah, no. Especially in a fighting game, where stuff like that depends on player input, no. It's like saying The Hunter from Bloodborne can't dodge blows and linking me a video of a 12-year old failing to do a boss fight.

See the links above. She throws projectiles twice.

That's not even a building. It's light damage to a road. What?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She did use tk to slap a few grimm
Wonderful. Now, compare that to how often she uses projectile attacks and dust attacks.

Going by sheer quantity it seems like she prefers to hurl stuff and use dust.

As opposed to Kenshi, who uses TK in nearly 9/10 of his ranged attacks.

@Dargoo 99% of Glynda's attacks are TK and she has only ever used a projectile attack once and it was a Dust attack

@Dargoo > At this point im surprised i still need to explain that it doesnt matter that he uses cutting and slicing attacks as aura turns them into blunt attacks.

> Speed is equalized so no, Glynda would have ample time to react.

> Sigh. And sigh again. And sigh a third time. If you didnt want to listen to me you could have just said so. This is Glynda using a telekinetically controlled attack. This is not her throwing a projectile. This is her telekinesis. This is her telekinesis. This is her telekinesis. Meanwhile i have yet to see one single shred of E V I D E N C E for any of your claims.

> Implying she'd just stand there and not fight back

> Cool, good thing Glynda doesnt move everything over the course of a day and instead moves it all at once.

Sorry Dargoo but unlike you ive actually posted videos and evidence to back my claims while everything youve argued thus far has just been your word with nothing to back it up.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo 99% of Glynda's attacks are TK and she has only ever used a projectile attack once and it was a Dust attack
I'd like links to every fight she has been in.

As far as I'm aware, her only proper fight was with Cinder. And we don't see use her TK directly on Cinder, which would have been helpful in crashing the helicopter, tbh.

It seems her more direct applications of TK are only done outside of combat or occasionally in minor skirmishes.

@Dargoo How about you post some scans or evidence for once? I havent seen any for Kenshi so far yet you keep saying i need to post scans when i already have.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo > At this point im surprised i still need to explain that it doesnt matter that he uses cutting and slicing attacks as aura turns them into blunt attacks.
> Speed is equalized so no, Glynda would have ample time to react.

> Sigh. And sigh again. And sigh a third time. If you didnt want to listen to me you could have just said so. This is Glynda using a telekinetically controlled attack. This is not her throwing a projectile. This is her telekinesis. This is her telekinesis. This is her telekinesis. Meanwhile i have yet to see one single shred of E V I D E N C E for any of your claims.

> Implying she'd just stand there and not fight back

> Cool, good thing Glynda doesnt move everything over the course of a day and instead moves it all at once.

Sorry Dargoo but unlike you ive actually posted videos and evidence to back my claims while everything youve argued thus far has just been your word with nothing to back it up.
> Then her aura gets hit with dozens of attacks that are higher than its durability, and breaks. He proceeds to cut her.

> Nope. Notice how it stops glowing after it travels for a distance in that video? It glows when she directly manipulates it, and in the next shot it stops doing this, implying she let go of it, which means it would be a projectile. The second link isn't even a blunt attack, she's grabbing and throwing them. The third isn't even during combat. Also you posted a duplicate of a link for some reasion.

> As I've said, she would hardly be able to react to attacks that spontaneously manifest directly on her or next to her.

> What?

Also, if that link you gave me is her "attacking without looking", isn't it far more likely she just heard the giant monsters running towards her and TK'ed where she thought the noise was. It takes less assumptions to say this than it does to give her an ability she doesn't clearly demonstrate.

Everything im finding for Kenshi btw has him doing mostly melee combat and swordplay and only using TK every so often, not spamming it like you say

Cant find anything about him spam teleporting like you say he does either

So please

E V I D E N C E

WeeklyBattles said:
No you linked stuff you can do in-game with him. You need to post actual scans of him fighting himself.
>him fighting himself

So, you want me to post a mirror match?

In all seriousness, it's clear in those videos that he uses teleportation to close distance, which he would naturally do if he was away from an opponent at a large distance.

I'm allowed to post gameplay for his skill feats and abilities. Otherwise we'd remove the abilities entirely.

I'll look for some comic scans to make this more obvious, though.

No, post a scan that isnt from a match where you control him, like a cutscene or something from the comics. Something that shows how he fights in character.

@Dargoo It stopped glowing because Cinder shot it and then turned purple again immediately after because she was still using TK on it.

Speed is equalized so there's no reason why she wouldnt be able to react.

She didnt rebuild the building over the course of a day, she rebuilt it all at once moving all the mass all at the same time.

People with less aura control than her can sense people from hundreds of meters away, it takes less assumptions to say she can do the same due to having decades more experience and training with aura.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, post a scan that isnt from a match where you control him, like a cutscene or something from the comics. Something that shows how he fights in character.
Those are pre-set combos and skills you can use in the game, though. IDK why his in-game moves wouldn't be in-character.

As I've said, I'll find some comic scans.

So naturally it would be better to look at the techniques he shows in gameplay, which includes teleportation which he uses to close distance.

Seeing the large starting distance, he can also just cut a portal to Glynda and get within range. Which, he does in a cutscene, if that's important or whatever.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
There isn't much fight scenes of Kenshi in the new timeline, especially in the comics and games.
Well then i guess Kenshi is shit out of luck if there's no proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back