• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two characters who cover their eyes and wield telekinesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean itll help yeah but her TK is stronger than his and if he tries to get close she gets slapped with TK

@Dargoo She used it on Ruby in the first episode as well as directly against Grimm multiple times

I mean maybe? Not sure exactly how that would work though, how does precog help you avoid a thought based ability?

Yeah, especially since he can just teleport from where she would try hitting him.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean maybe? Not sure exactly how that would work though, how does precog help you avoid a thought based ability?
Glynda uses TK to harm him. Kenshi sees himself getting slapped around, so he teleports before she uses TK. The area he was the n before gets rustled around and Glynda would be confused as to how he reacted to her attack before she preformed it.

Okay? His teleportation is very short range so it would save him from all of one attack before he gets hit again.

Also Whats stopping Glynda from making an ice storm to pelt him from above while also using TK on him?

There's nothing stopping her, but you're forgetting that he can predict enemy attacks with precog and telepathy. Kenshi hasn't had much screentime showing him fighting in the current timeline so his moveset is pretty vague.

Kenshi can spam teleport, for one. Once he's in-range, he can start using his own weapons and TK his sword to attack, at which point he'd break through Glynda's aura rather quickly and eventually get to her given that he has an arguably superior AP (due to the massive scaling chain in RWBY it's hard to tell, but I'd imagine he outclasses her by at least 1.5-2x).

Oh, wait, nevermind.

Kenshi doesn't have combat-applicable precog, lol.

He can still teleport rapidly until he's within range, and his enhanced senses can at least allow him to properly react to the TK.

@Dargoo You mean the enhanced senses that Glynda has too due to being a high level aura user?

Teleporting will get him close but it doesnt prevent Glynda from slapping him or ragdolling him with her stronger TK

Also Glynda has larger barriers on top of her aura to block attacks

Glynda ain't ragdolling someone who can teleport.

The worst he'll suffer is the occasional hit, which shouldn't do crazy amount of damage seeing as he has an arguably higher dura. He can also heal and reflect any projectiles Glynda will inevitably hurl at him.

Not to mention Kenshi is also far more skilled in combat, seeing how we don't ever really see Glynda's physical combat capabilities.

Kenshi can teleport around her, something he totally does in character, while landing hit after hit, whittling away her aura and eventually getting a fatal blow on her. Not to mention his summons, which can catch her by surprise from behind her.

Explain why not

Glynda doesnt use projectiles unless you count stuff falling from the sky so no, there's nothing to reflect

Glynda being in Oz's inner circle automatically makes her one of the most skilled fighters in the world. What exactly has Ken done?

How exactly is he going to be landing any hits on her when she has shown to use her TK to smack opponents she cant see?

Gynda grabs him with TK, he teleports out, rise and repeat.

Throwing projectiles is like one of the first things she does in one of her only fights, no clue what you're talking about. Then she proceeds to throw projectile icicles, and TK a spear at Cinder.

No idea how being in Oz's circle automatically makes her comparable in skill to someone who has trained his entire life in martial arts and swordplay. He knows Tai Chi and Judo.

>what exactly has he done

He would be landing hits through his own own telekinesis, unless you're telling me Glynda can suddenly counter telekinetic attacks that directly affect her body.

Thats not a projectile, thats a telekinetically controlled attack, thats like saying Kenshi moving his sword around with TK is a projectile. Than and even if he reflects it she can redirect it and make it approach from multiple angles instead so he cant reflect them all.

Because literally everyone in Oz's inner circle has done the same thing. They wouldnt be in his inner circle if they hadnt.

Having stronger Telekinesis is generally accepted here as meaning weaker Telekinesis has a lesser effect on you so yes, she can. He tries to teleport behind her she just attacks behind her without having to look at him.

A telekinetically controlled projectile is a projectile.

Evidence of them being at the same level of skill? You're making some pretty large assumptions about her skill, seeing as I don't see any feats. Even if she is somewhat skilled, I see nothing that implies she even sheds light on what Kenshi can do.

Having stronger Telekinesis is generally accepted here as meaning weaker Telekinesis has a lesser effect on you so yes, she can.

Good thing Ken has the higher AP, then. And cool, that means her attacks do even less damage on him.

Honestly he can just combo physical attacks on her and send her off balance, I doubt she'd be able to focus as she's being juggled in the air with physical strikes and thrown around with TK stronger than her own.

Every single one of Oz's inner circle has trained since childhood to fight, and some, like Qrow, became one of the most skilled fighters to ever enter Beacon without any formal training at all. Hell, Glynda in the first episode of the series forced a Maiden to retreat

Higher AP =/= stronger TK, TK is measured by lifting strength, which Glynda is superior in

He'd never get the chance to get close enough to land a physical attack on her and her TK is inarguably stronger. He tries to get close and gets slapped

I don't see any feats. She forced a maiden to retreat with her powers, not her physical skills, and I really, really, don't want to get back into that debate, as she didn't even force Cinder to retreat as much as Cinder didn't want to draw attention at the time.

Meanwhile I linked a ten minute video of Kenshi's skills.

Since the TK is being applied directly to her body, I'd imagine it would affect her pretty adversely. She doesn't gain a resistance to physical blows higher than her own durability.

Teleportation really helps with that. He can maneuver around her before she can properly react and manhandle her with superior skill. She doesn't have any sort of precog to allow her to react to a demon being summoned right behind her and slicing at her.

If it wasn't obvious already, I'm voting Kenshi Mid-difficulty.

Wait, Glynda and Kenshi are both Class K, what are you talking about? They're both even "At least Class K".

Which means he'd be able to telekinetically attack her just fine even under the false assumption that lifting strength allows her to dampen his telekinetic blows.

He takes this even easier than I thought.

Also,

Kenshi - 2 (Dargoo, Ricsi)

Glynda - 2 (Weekly, Iap)

Glynda isnt vulnerable without her crop though? Why would she be? Telekinesis is her semblance she doesht need her crop for it

@Dargoo Because Glynda is Class K due to being casually stronger than people who are stronger than people who have Class K feats

What exactly supports her having a vastly higher lifting strength? AP I can understand but Glynda has barely any feats or statements of physical strength to support her being "casually stronger" than Ruby. Kenshi is also stronger than someone with a Class K feat, so you're not really convincing me Glynda bets him there.

@Weekly She needs her crop for dust attacks.

Just to go over this again:

Kenshi:

> Clearly has the higher AP. Debatable about how large the gap is due to scaling, but at least I'd say 1.5-2x of a gap.

> Can teleport, which alows him to close distance through spam and get out of TK holds. Not to mention it makes it substantially harder for Glynda to hit him. Pair that with Glynda's lower AP and she's hardly damaging him.

> Reflects and heals from Glynda's ranged dust attacks and projectiles she throws with TK, which is around half of her attacks going by her fight with Cinder.

> Within range, Kenshi can summon demons right behind her, outskill her after teleporting in close distance, and spam TK attacks that can cut and punch her directly. Given the AP gap he does this for a short time, shattering Glynda's aura and proceeding to shishkebab her.

> Can disarm her to make dust attacks a non-issue. Superior skill as I've yet to see any skill feats from Glynda that brings a candle to Kenshi's martial arts feats I linked above.

> Has the same lifting strength. I am unconvinced Glynda is somehow a heavyweight lifting champion compared to Ruby due to lack of statements or feats on lifitng strength. AP, yes. Lifting strength is a different story. Even then Kenshi is superior to a Class K feat.

This is crazy desisive.

It's true, though. Glynda's going to get killed before she even gets a hold on the situation given how fast Kenshi can close distance and spam attack her to death.

Shrug1

Hmm, for a thread with 4 votes total, it sure has a lot of discussion! I wonder wh-oh wait it's an RWBY thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back